Profile for Scully Bloke > Reviews

Content by Scully Bloke

Scully Bloke (Wiltshire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Finish Dishwasher Cleaner Dual Action Twin Pack (2 x 250 ml)
Finish Dishwasher Cleaner Dual Action Twin Pack (2 x 250 ml)

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't noticed any difference, 19 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I live in a very hard water area so thought this would be a good product to try. I regularly clean the inside of my dishwasher including the filters, so was really using it to clean the hidden parts, filters, spray arms and pipes as it claims on the package. Not really sure how you can tell if it has done this or not since they are hidden! So unless you took the dishwasher apart, you can't tell. I haven't noticed any difference in how clean my dishes are either.

I wouldn't use this product once a month as it recommends on the label, since I can't really see what visible difference it makes. This is the first time I have used a cleaner of this sort in 3.5 years so don't think it would be worth it, other than to give you peace of mind that you may be prolonging the life of your dishwasher.

VO5 Extreme Style Break The Mould Gift Set
VO5 Extreme Style Break The Mould Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes an excellent gift set for male or female, 16 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this product set. The Shampoo is pretty good. I normally suffer from dandruff if I don't use a dandruff shampoo, but after 2 weeks of use of the shampoo, my hair is clear using this shampoo. It lathers well and you don't need to use much.
The rework hair putty is absolutely brilliant. You only need a splodge as much as the tip of your finger and it adds volume to your hair and keeps it from moving all day. It makes an excellent gift set for male or female.

Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection AgeDefy Conditioner 200 ml
Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection AgeDefy Conditioner 200 ml
Offered by Afrodite Beauty

4.0 out of 5 stars Would definitely purchase again, 16 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have short highlighted hair that tends to go frizzy in very dry or damp weather so I am always on the look out for a good conditioner. This is a lovely thick conditioner which smells really nice. You only need to use a tiny amount, otherwise it takes ages to rinse it out. On the positive side, the first time I used this was a very damp and windy day and I was pleased my hair did not go frizzy.
On the negative side, I have been using this product with the shampoo from the same range and both of them together make my hair feel too soft and difficult to style. Personally I will continue to use the conditioner but with an alternative, less heavy shampoo.
I would purchase this product again

Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection AgeDefy Shampoo 250 ml
Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection AgeDefy Shampoo 250 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Better results using other cheaper products, 16 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like the smell and consistency of this shampoo and once on my hair it lathered really well only using a small amount. However after having used it for a couple of weeks now, my hair feels more lank than usual and I am finding it more difficult to style. I am also having to wash my hair more often than usual. It is quite an expensive product and I have better results using other cheaper products. I would not recommend this product

Rosetta Stone French Level 1
Rosetta Stone French Level 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a good product., 5 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using the Michel Thomas CD's for the past 3 years and quite enjoyed it. Mainly listening and talking while in the car to and from work. But decided to get this Rosetta Stone Level 1 course to see if it was any better. The answer is it is and it isn't. Its a different way of learning as you have to look at the screen, watch and listen, its quite an interactive experience. There is also an audio disk for learning in the car.

Its quite a good product, my issue is the price and the level of French remains quite basic, so to get better you have to buy additional products that also are quite expensive.

Its good, I liked it and found it entertaining and not boring

Braun Oral-B TriZone 5000 Six Mode Power Toothbrush with Wireless Smart Guide Black Limited Edition
Offered by Premier Products

3.0 out of 5 stars buy a cheaper model and spend the remainder on some good mouth wash and floss sticks, 14 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Many years ago there was a razor blade. Gillette decided that to make more money, they would sell a razor with 2 blades, when sales starting falling they come out with three blades, and now they have come out with four, because they couldn't come up with anything different. A single razor blades still gives you a great shave, you don't need 4.

I was reminded of Gillette when I got this toothbrush. It comes with a digital wireless smart guide with an LCD screen, a timer and zonal read out. It has 6 modes of operation and it tells you if you are applying too much pressure!

But it cleans your teeth just as well as a basic electronic toothbrush. The gadgets and add on's are to get you to spend more money on something that does the same job as cheaper models

Don't get me wrong, its a good brush, it works well, but its much more expensive that a basic model which works just as well. I suggest you buy a cheaper model and spend the remainder on some good mouth wash and floss sticks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2013 1:15 PM GMT

Braun Satin Hair 7 ST710 Iontec Straightener
Braun Satin Hair 7 ST710 Iontec Straightener
Offered by smellies

4.0 out of 5 stars hair definitely looks and feels less dry and frizzy at the ends, 14 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife has been using the same hair straighteners for a couple of years now and was reluctant to change as she thought her old ones were doing a pretty good job. Having tried these for the first time She is now hooked and very pleased with the results. Her hair definitely looks and feels less dry and frizzy at the ends.

The digital display is easy to read, the straighteners are quick to heat up and the temperature is very easy to adjust to your preferred setting. Once you switch them off, your last temperature setting is remembered so you don't have to reset them every time you use them. A great feature is the 30 minute automatic switch off - a must for all that forget to turn them off after use!

She would have liked a longer power cord and She expected a fabric roll or bag to carry them in for this price. However, overall a good product that she would recommend to others.

Cosatto Troop Group 1/2/3 Car Seat (Ladybird)
Cosatto Troop Group 1/2/3 Car Seat (Ladybird)

4.0 out of 5 stars extremely well built and feels incredibly safe and secure, 14 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This car seat is extremely well built and feels incredibly safe and secure. The seat does not budge at all when fastened with the seatbelt, which is a must if you are also using cars that don't have the Isofit system. The Isofit system is an added bonus, very easy to fit and adds an extra level of security.

The seat is very easy to adjust and on the plus side, there is plenty of room for growth. On the downside, the seat is very wide compared to others on the market and if you have other children in car seats, you would struggle to fit 3 in the back.

The harness system is different to others on the market and uses a shield impact system which holds the child in place. This does take a bit of getting used to if you are used to the 5 point harness system and whilst it provides great security, I'm not sure that it provides the same comfort level as the traditional harness. Time will tell!

I love the bright colourful design, it's modern and funky and great for hiding any spillages! Although the covers are completely washable and easy to remove for washing.

50 Pieces filled Multi Pencil Case for School: Etui,Spring Bag ,Case,Mäppchen ,Rummages Ash for Girls, for Boys
Offered by Capital-Top-Service

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this, 19 Sept. 2013
I got this for my 9 year old boy and he loves it. The product was despatched from Germany and arrived within 3 days. Good quality pens, pencils, sharpener, rubber and ink cartridges. Only 4 stars given as it didn't have a fountain pen to use the cartridges,

Investing in Shares For Dummies
Investing in Shares For Dummies
by David Stevenson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for First Timers, 19 Sept. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very good beginners guide. It gives you the basics and explains the risks. If its your first venture into investing then this book is 5 stars. For people who have been investing for years, its a decent back to basics review but you wont learn an awful lot, 3 stars for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18