Profile for AM > Reviews

Content by AM

AM

Nokia WH-930 Purity HD Wired On-Ear Stereo Headset by Monster for iPod, iPhone, Smartphone and MP3 - Cyan
Offered by SWH DIRECT LTD
Price: 44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound and Comfy, 4 July 2012
Just received mine and they are amazing, supposedly they get better once they wear in. They are also very comfy and nicely detailed and put together. Love the flat cable. The controls work perfectly with my Lumia 900 phone.

However I initially thought that I had a problem with the headphones with my PC and Lumia 900 phone. There are two sets of cable supplied; one with controls and one without. The cable without the controls, which I tried first, didn't work properly, it gave a strange sound almost tinny, no bass or mid range. At first I thought the headphones were duds (note other peoples reviews). I tried the cable with controls and the headphones work perfectly with my phone and the PC. I hope this helps if someone gets a similar problem.

I just noticed that the minimal manual says that the cable without the controls is for 'specific' 'legacy' Nokia phones. This is just confusing, Nokia should have made this clearer. Who normally reads a manual for headphones?

So other than this initial hitch, they are worth purchasing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2012 11:44 AM BST

Hugo (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) (2011)
Hugo (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) (2011)
Dvd ~ Asa Butterfield
Price: 5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars The DVD wouldn't work. It kept skipping, 23 Jun 2012
I think the manufacturers were trying to be too clever by adding the 3D track to the normal Bluray (we don't have 3D). I couldn't tell if the film was good or bad. We couldn't watch the film as it was too annoying. Amazon were great and dealt with the situation properly and gave our money back.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2012 3:13 AM BST

Nokia Soft Cover Case for Lumia 900 - Cyan Blue
Nokia Soft Cover Case for Lumia 900 - Cyan Blue
Price: 7.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Jun 2012
Fits very well with the phone, as they say, "fits like a glove", the case sits up to the lip of the screen making it flush. Nice touch. I had a black phone now I have a sexy cyan phone. The controls are still easily used/pressed, no discernible change to the operation of the phone (this cannot be said for other cases). It doesn't add too much bulk to the phone or spoil its beautiful looks. A little more than other cases but well worth it.

The Straw Men
The Straw Men
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Straw Men (Kindle Edition)
I seriously could not put this book down. Great characters and quickening pace and deep plot. IMHO however the end did not quite add up to the first 95%. Maybe this is my problem, when fiction is this good you don't want it to finish. Though it does prove that MM is a great writer - I did enjoy his first three (science fiction) novels and have now picked up another of his thrillers.

Shades of Grey
Shades of Grey
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: Shades of Grey (Kindle Edition)
One of the best books I've read in ages. Has an incredibly original science fiction theme/world. My only disappointment is that the next book in the series has not been released yet - and I'm impatient to explore more and have Fforde raise and answer more questions. But don't let this put you off, this book is complete on its own. Fantastic.