Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Unplugged
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Unplugged (Audio CD)
Brilliant album. It just shows you don't always need gigawatts of electric power to achieve a result. Gives a whole new sound to some favourites.

Mini BMW Mini (2007 to Current ) Tailored BLACK Velour Carpet Car Mats
Mini BMW Mini (2007 to Current ) Tailored BLACK Velour Carpet Car Mats
Offered by Sports Car Mats
Price: 8.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Car Maxi Mat, 13 Dec 2013
Great quality item. Delivered quickly. Perfect fit in the car even with all the cut-outs around the Mini pedals. Recommended

Acer Iconia B1 7-inch Tablet (Black) - (MediaTek MTK 8317T 1.2GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, 16GB eMMC, Camera, WLAN, BT, Android 4.1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Seduced by the Acer name, 4 Nov 2013
We thought, having had Acer before that we would get quality - wrong. Bought from LD Personal Computers - DON'T TAKE NOTICE OF THE 30DAY RTB WARRANTY IN THEIR AD AS THEY WILL NOT TAKE MINE BACK BOUGHT ON 14TH OCTOBER!! The display is diabolical. If you're just buying it to play games it might be ok. Web Surfing is extremely poor. The blacks are not - more a shade of grey. Letters bleed in to one another and the whole experience is totally unsatisfactory. And it seems to be getting worse. It's literally causing, those of us who use it, headaches. If it were a TV you'd look for the Sharpness and Contrast buttons. Trawling the Acer site for updates yielded no help. I know you get what you pay for but the displays on our Kindle, iPad, iPhone and LG Optimus are all crystal clear. Blacks are black. No bleeding of colours. Seduced by the Acer name, we thought we were getting good quality. As my seller will not accept the return and Amazon a-Z Guarantee was no help it seems my only recourse is to return it to Acer - at my own expense. Avoid this tablet! Had to give it one star as that's the only way I can express my disgust.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 9:46 AM GMT

National Security (Jericho Quinn)
National Security (Jericho Quinn)
Price: 2.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, despite being done before., 4 Oct 2013
If you're in to techno-thrillers, you'll love this - I do! Some of the ideas/characters give you a sense of deja vu but it's still an enjoyable read at the price.

Gents/Mens Seiko Sports Watch Stainless Steel & Black Dial, Solar Powered, Chronograph 200m Water Resistant with Date SSC017P1
Offered by Watch Bands UK
Price: 169.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A long time in the coming., 11 May 2013
This was the watch I wanted when I turned 21. I decided instead to treat myself for my retirement. Well you have to have a watch don't you? Out of the box, a lovely solid but not over-heavy feeling. Obviously well constructed and built to last. The dials are clear to read under nearly all lighting conditions. It is nice to see that the hands actually click on to the markings on the dial and do not miss them. One nice feature is the screw-down crowns for the chronograph as well as the main watch - to stop water entering underwater apparently. Can't say I've actually had occasion to want a stopwatch while swimming underwater - yet! One-way bezel had a good, solid feel as it rotates. Luminous hands and markers stay bright for many days. One of the best features of the watch is the Solar charging. No more batteries yes, but even more important is that the case does not need to be cracked to replace battery and therefore the seals stay intact. It is guaranteed for 200m Air Diving. Even re-sizing the band can be done at home although you do need one of the pin-pushers Amazon sells if you want to do it safely. Another nice feature is the bracelet extension you can activate so that it fits over a wet-suited wrist. Well done Seiko. A definite winner.

Casio G-Shock GA-110-1AER Gents Watch
Casio G-Shock GA-110-1AER Gents Watch
Price: 67.12

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the one!!, 11 April 2013
If you've seen my other two reviews on the larger G-Shock you'll understand the title! Finally found a large G-Shock watch, cheap enough for everyday knocking about, that these old eyes can read both digitally and analogue without glasses. Lovely clear digital displays that I can see without performing contortions to get the light at the right angle. Not too big on the wrist or heavy. Yes, you'll know it's there but that's surely the point of the bigger G-Shock. Couple of things stopped me giving it five stars. One, the stupid light which may as well not be there and two, I am not too keen on the analogue hands being shiny metal with tiny spots of luminescence on the end. Lets have proper ends to the hands so we can see the time in the dark - see light does nothing previously. The holes in the hands are a good idea so you can see all the digital displays nearly all the time. Recommended.

Casio Men's G-Shock Combi Watch Ga-110C-1Aer With Resin Strap
Casio Men's G-Shock Combi Watch Ga-110C-1Aer With Resin Strap
Price: 69.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Mirror display??, 11 April 2013
Who thought it was a good idea to use a mirror-like screen for the digital display of this watch? The most idiotic idea ever. You have to get your wrist in exactly the right position to see the digital display or all you see is reflections. None of the pictures illustrating this watch that I have seen truly show this. It looks as though the digital display is rather dull doesn't it? Trust me, it's the effect of this awful mirror-like effect. A pity. The watch is chunky, quite heavy and impressive in features. Too bad, that apart from the analogue display, you cannot see it! What it is like on a sunny day beggars description. Not for me.

Casio Men's Combi Watch Ga-100-1A1Er with G-Shock Resin Strap
Casio Men's Combi Watch Ga-100-1A1Er with G-Shock Resin Strap
Price: 59.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Old eyes., 11 April 2013
If you wear glasses, I would not recommend this watch for you. Whilst in most lights the lower, smaller digital displays are OK to read, the upper ones are impossible to see most of the time. It requires lots of jiggling about to get your wrist in the right position to see the display. That said, it looks a very stunning watch when worn. Is it me, or does it look suitably menacing? The all black display is very striking and it is a large watch, quite heavy, on the wrist. Not too big or heavy though. Unfortunately, I returned mine as I was fed up with having to get my glasses out when I wanted to do anything other that read the analogue time.

M009S 8GB NATPC M009S 8GB Capacitive Android 4.2 (JELLY BEAN) , 7" ,Dual Core (2 x 1.5 GHz) Super Slim Android Tablet PC with Responsive Capacitive Screen - Flash Player 11.1 - Compatible with BBC iPlayer / Youtube / Facebook - HD 2160P - now with 8GB Storage and SKYPE VIDEO calling

5.0 out of 5 stars NATPC M009S, 1 Mar 2012
Taking into account the price, you know not to expect a fruit-badged item but this is exceptional value. Good quality build. Feels solid, no annoying rattles. Great screen, good sound. It's done everything I've thrown at it with ease. Google Apps - works fine, Kindle reading - no problem, love the backlit display so you don't need light to read. Plays the games I use with ease. Downsides - battery life not great. It can drop Wi-Fi if you're not careful or just use a free Wi-Fi locker from the apps market.
My wife already casting admiring glances at it so another order may be forthcoming.