Profile for TheGamesCellar > Reviews

Content by TheGamesCellar

TheGamesCellar ""excellent seller"" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Iron Sky [DVD]
Iron Sky [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julia Dietze
Offered by wantitcheaper

1.0 out of 5 stars bad, 14 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Iron Sky [DVD] (DVD)
totally sucks. man this film really blows big time..!

924 Meter USB Printer Cable Unpacked
924 Meter USB Printer Cable Unpacked

5.0 out of 5 stars great little phone, 13 Oct. 2012
Nice phone this, i've got blackberrys and nokia luminas but have to say this sometimes beats both .. Cheap , not too worried if i lose it... Very Loud , i can hear it from a mile away (take note Nokia !).... solid , been dropped no end ...Clear interface , simple , qwerty keypad ,with opera mini on GPRS setting it is fast on the net ... fm radio , mp3 player ,it all works so well... Get one ! Oh the the battery like forever as well !!

Freak Out
Freak Out

5.0 out of 5 stars good game, 3 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Freak Out (Video Game)
A neat game with an awesome concept. You control your character with one analogue stick and your possessed scarf with the other, using it to stretch and defeat the 12 boss fights that make up the game

Crusaders Of Might & Magic
Crusaders Of Might & Magic
Offered by Satsumo

5.0 out of 5 stars good game, 30 July 2012
I thought that this a most excellent game, intense and compelling. Recommended. the story really takes things in a different direction

Timeshift (Xbox 360)
Timeshift (Xbox 360)
Offered by media-4-u

3.0 out of 5 stars timeshift step back in time, 8 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Timeshift (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Well it's a ok game , about as average a game as i've ever played , fear crossed with Half life 2 is the best description but without the wow factor. It never goes anywhere much but works well and looks ok .. worth a try for the price but you'll never play it again

Basement [DVD] [2010]
Basement [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Danny Dyer
Offered by Springwood Media

1.0 out of 5 stars the worst film ever !!!!!, 24 July 2011
This review is from: Basement [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I never seen a worse film than this and i've seen some awful piles of c**p .. But this takes the biscuit , the story is so lame it's shocking , the acting makes "the only way is Essex" seem oscar worthy . I cant strongly enough state how bad this is , it's crud, minging , cack ,pants ... IT SUCKS BIG TIME !!!!!

F.E.A.R (Xbox 360)
F.E.A.R (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameland GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars F.E.A.R is ace, 23 Jun. 2011
This review is from: F.E.A.R (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I'll start by saying I'm not much into online gaming , tried it and it's fun for a while but ultimately you just run round a little map, shooting, dying and starting again .. big whop ! Anyway that just a way a saying I like a proper lengthy single person campaign . I like FPS games , I want good gameplay mechanics (not a load of complicated gimmicks that rarely work) , a decent challenge , and a save system that means I'm not playing for a hour then die just before the level end and have to start again. F.E.A.R offers all these factors . A good good length , fantastic AI -anybody who has played this game would tell you it's quite disconcerting when the enemy infiltrate behind you, Bullet time (slow mo) is brill and essential if you don't want to burn through all your health packs in no time . A good selection of weapons on offer .Autosaves are just the right space apart. It's just about varied enough, though the office scenes can be a bit boring, some mild puzzles that aren't too taxing , different enemies cropping up give a different slant . And a few creepy moments , I never thought I'd be scared but it does have atmosphere and one moment near the end really made me jump (first game ever to make me do that I think, im not easily scared these days). It is very dark in places and can get a bit wearing , you long for a bit of proper light .But a really good game that I missed on first release .. and for the price a steal .

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)
Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)
Offered by bid2win-ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Halo, a return to form, 6 July 2010
Halo 3 odst is a good game , a lot of reviews remarked how short it was but I thought it was a reasonable length as I take my time and enjoy the game not rush through in one go and then moan about it (why do these people bother). It reminded me of Halo 1 and 2 instead of 3 ,which is no bad thing at all . I didn't overly enjoy the night time scene link sections , it can get a bit annoying and more often than not just sneaked through these bits as it can be a bit daunting facing 2 hunters with next to no real firepower. But you play these bits as an extra challenge. Sometimes finding the clue was a real pain as well sometimes (and pointless). The story was a bit ropey , but it didn't really matter. Ending made Halo 2's seem good .. it's a real anticlimax !!. Overall through a return to form I think for Halo..

Killzone (PS2)
Killzone (PS2)
Offered by CDandVinyl

4.0 out of 5 stars killerzone, 6 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Killzone (PS2) (Video Game)
I've just finished killzone and must say I quite enjoyed it. It's a simple straightforward shooter with no frills, the graphics are a bit rubbish by todays standards but not too bad , they were supposed to use some advanced layering concept but aren't a patch on "Black". The weapons feel good all round , particularly the chain gun which you get as Rico (when he is unlocked), in fact I ended up sticking with him till the end because of his default weapon. You need to spray thousands of bullets around to get through this game. The checkpoints are just right , about 15-20 mins apart. The ending is a bit too easy but the game is a good length. I recommend it 8/10

Black (PS2)
Black (PS2)
Offered by Digitalville UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Gold, 6 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Black (PS2) (Video Game)
Black is a great game, the graphics and sound and game play are amazing for the ps2 . The bad points are that the missions are too long and a if you could save at the checkpoints it would have been much better , the enemies are a bit limited but just about varied enough, the loading "blur" gets a bit wearing after a while. When I first played it ,standing back a bit and picking off the enemies I thought it was too hard but when I adjusted my style to a more gung-ho approach I got on a lot better and ammo is usually abundant. So a landmark game that's better than many next gen shooters in every way for a few quid .. Buy it ...9/10

Page: 1 | 2