ARRAY(0xabaf60a8)

Paradise Circus
Paradise Circus
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive Attack - Back To Their Best, 2 Jan 2011
This review is from: Paradise Circus (MP3 Download)
To fans of Luther everywhere: this is the track you know and love from the opening titles (isn't it great?). And to everyone else, I think it's a great example of what Massive Attack do. Buy it to get a flavour of their latest work.

The Lady Killer
The Lady Killer
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.59

5.0 out of 5 stars So Much More Than Forget You, 2 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Lady Killer (Audio CD)
Yes, I'll admit it, I bought this after hearing a bit of the track "Forget You". It was just so catchy and of the moment. But the album is much more than that one well known track. It's one of the few albums I've bought that I've listened to all the way through and I've enjoyed it every time. Apart from "Forget You" and the more fun albeit vastly more explicit version included at the end, a few of my other favourites are "Bright Lights Bigger City" and "I Want You". Cee Lo Green's fantastic and unique vocals really make this a stand-out album for me.

Tai Chi: A practical approach to the ancient Chinese movement for health and well-being (The Illustrated Elements of...)
by Angus Clark
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Elements of Tai Chi, 27 Aug 2010
I'd like to add a more positive review of this book because I felt it was unfair that someone has given it one star because it didn't arrive. How can you write a review of a product you don't have?!

I do actually have a copy of this book and have found it to be very good. It has lots of good information about the philosophies underlying the practice of tai chi and the benefits you can gain from it. It describes the fundamental stances, warm up exercises and then presents a version of the complete short form of tai chi with 24 moves. All of this is as well illustrated and described as possible in my opinion. There's also a nice section at the end describing how different people have benefited from incorporating tai chi into their lives, which I've found useful when I've felt a lack of motivation to practise.

The downsides of this book are that I don't think it can replace teaching in a tai chi class, but it may be a useful supplement. I would have liked it even more with a spiral binding to allow you to lay it flat for easy, hands-free reading.

Reduce Stress & Anxiety - Neuro-Linguistic Programming (Nlp)
Reduce Stress & Anxiety - Neuro-Linguistic Programming (Nlp)
Price: 3.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Relaxation programme mp3 review, 1 Sep 2009
I've never reviewed anything here before but I felt compelled to review this after I tried the relaxation programme mp3 last night. I bought it on a whim because I thought well 79p isn't too much. I was actually looking for relaxation music but had read a little about NLP so I thought I'd try it. (I didn't bother with the first three parts and only bought the main one.)

[I was a little annoyed with the other review from "Mac" which is so full of praise and then to include a link to Stuart Maccormack's site as a comment on the review as well struck me as a little odd. But let's not go any further with this - perhaps I'm just naturally suspicious. -- Please read the comments below my review]

After all my initial skepticism, I found the mp3 very relaxing! I had tried Paul McKenna's Instant Confidence a while back and it just didn't work for me, but this did. I can honestly say that I lost maybe 15-20 minutes in some kind of trance I guess. I wasn't asleep because when he told me to wake up I did and I felt calm, relaxed and my mind was clear. Perhaps it was because I was sleepy anyway or because I made sure the room was dark etc.

So there you go - it worked for me so give it a try.

Edit: After considering the reply to my first review I would have liked to give it 5 stars because it really did work well for me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2009 6:22 PM BST