Profile for Brian > Reviews

Content by Brian

Brian (England)

The Hero's Lot (The Staff and the Sword Book #2)
The Hero's Lot (The Staff and the Sword Book #2)
Price: 2.37

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not manage to finish it, 16 April 2014
Enjoyed book one enough to carry on with the story but unfortunately like many series all the creativity and discovery all happened in book one. This book is padded out with endless journeys and very little action. Got about half way through, perhaps all the action happens at the end?

The Colour of Vengeance (The Ties that Bind Book 2)
The Colour of Vengeance (The Ties that Bind Book 2)
Price: 2.58

3.0 out of 5 stars worth reading but not as captivating as the first, 22 Mar 2014
Characters from the first book were carried forward and new ones introduced, unfortunately my favourite character was not one of them. When I finished the first book I could not wait to start the second, I now find myself pondering. I still like the style of writing and how you have a single story but viewed from different characters perspective but I did struggle with the story line, and occasionally found my self skipping bits.

Game of Thrones - Season 3 [DVD] [2014]
Game of Thrones - Season 3 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage
Price: 24.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as 1 and 2, 22 Mar 2014
There were good moments but this one did feel a little drawn out. After book 2 I could not wait for the next series but now I feel indifferent. Need more dragons
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2014 3:10 PM GMT

The Heresy Within (The Ties that Bind Book 1)
The Heresy Within (The Ties that Bind Book 1)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 17 Mar 2014
Enjoyed the way the story switched between character viewpoints, loved the mix of sword play, magic and violence, the style was a bit like Joe Abercrombie I hope there is a follow on, off to look now.

Litecraft - Elisa 5 Light Crystal Effect Bathroom Ceiling Light
Litecraft - Elisa 5 Light Crystal Effect Bathroom Ceiling Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than anything I could find on the high street, 16 Mar 2014
Excellent quality and much nicer than the typical public toilet type fittings you get from places like B&Q and half the price anything posh you would find in places like JL, or high street specialist light shops. Has transformed our bathroom

It is pretty heavy so it is a two person fit.

Would also like to point out the service was also excellent.

A Child of Fire (Book of One 4)
A Child of Fire (Book of One 4)
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars a good follow on, 22 Jan 2014
Book 4 and I am still interested enough to go and buy book 5 which is amazing for me. The only thing I can put it down to is Jordan is very good at creating new dimensions to his story.
You may read some reviews about issues with the editing. Ignore them, they have no impact on the story. I am guessing Jordan is self published and to write 4 books with such engrossing story lines is an amazing feet.

A Stolen Crown (The Book of One 2)
A Stolen Crown (The Book of One 2)
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars a good story that builds on its characters, 28 Dec 2013
I have now read the first two books and without a doubt I will be reading the next. I realised sometime ago the important element in a Fantasy book is to grow to love or hate the characters and for them to develop through the story, this and the previous book does this well. There are multiple story lines which I am expecting to meet at some point, but the nice thing I have noticed is that I am not rushing one story line to get to main, which I often do. Another thing I like is that it is the main characters skill and strength that gets him through the various challenges he faces; cannot stand those that scrape through by pure luck.

Right Up My Street
Right Up My Street
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars More Up My Street Than I Expected, 3 Dec 2013
Not my usual read, normally stick to books with wizards and warriors in them and to be totally honest the only reason I read this book is because I know the author. However although it is not my usual read I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
It was easy to read and I often found myself chuckling as I progressed through the story. I would say the book is your typical light hearted comedy chick lit and if you like the Bridget Jones style of story this book is well worth a look.