Profile for Big J > Reviews

Content by Big J

Big J

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
LG Google Nexus 5 New Leather Black Colour Wallet Flip Book Phone Case Cover Pouch By eFeel
Offered by eFEEL

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. Excellent value for money., 2 April 2015
I cannot believe how decent this wallet cover is for the money! Full marks! It is better quality than my previous cover by far and has the added bonus of being a tenth of the price! I will definitely buy another if this one ever goes done. Very pleased!

XCSOURCE® 1800LM 3-Mode XM-L2 CREE LED Headlight Lamp With 18650 Rechargeable Battery For Bicycle Bike Front Cycling Hiking LD318
Offered by XCSOURCE

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good all round. Go for it!, 15 Oct. 2014
Very bright light. I bought 2 of these as they were very cheap (£6.99!). This represents amazing value for money. This is a bright light, which is easy to fit to my bike. The full beam is very bright - I only use it if I'm cycling on wet roads during the hours of darkness. The dip beam is usually ample for most journeys. Flashing mode is on high beam and thus very bright - I've been flashed a few times by irate drivers, so I tend not to use it. I've found that the battery life on dip beam is usually about 10 hours; Max 2 hours on full beam; untried on flashing mode. Battery takes about 6-7 hours to charge. The battery pack is not that heavy but the stitching on the cover gave way on my mountain bike light - I repaired this myself and have pinned the battery in place with ty-raps (this is definitely over-kill but I do go down some rough tracks!). I've not used this in excessively heavy rain, but I've been caught in a few downpours and have had no problems. Pretty good light for the money and when the price comes back down, I'll be buying more for the kids bikes.

Hi-Viz Yellow Backpack / Rucksack Cycling or Schoolbag with Safety Reflective sections

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and good value!, 15 Oct. 2014
Nice backpack. Nicely hi-viz & reflective. Compact and doesn't obscure vision over shoulder when on my pushbike. A little on the compact side (although dimensions are as advertised), but I can carry my Jeans & T-shirt and lunch with ease. The side pockets are a bit tight for my Nexus 5 phone, but it fits with a wiggle or two. My cycle helmet doesn't fit inside the front helmet store - in fact none of my kids helmets fit either, so this seems a pretty pointless pocket, as it is zipped 'upside down' and thus performs no useable function. I also don't like the earphone socket hole on the top of the back pack - I think this might let rain in and I will be taping this up. I am a 6ft guy who uses this for carrying my kit when commuting by bike - this a comfy back pack. This would also be ideal for a child's school bag and I may well be buying some for my kids in the very near future. I would recommend this product as it pretty much ticks the boxes.

USB2.0 MICRO-SD / M2 MEMORY CARD READER - SDHC UP TO 32GB (Compatible With Windows 7)
Offered by Fly Service

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother - total rubbish., 1 Oct. 2014
Took forever to turn up - obviously another delivery from China. Product turned out to be absolute garbage. Stopped working right away and now my USB port won't work either. Not even worth 1 star. Don't waste your money on this - give it to charity instead.

Cyclo CYC395 Pro Series Cassette Remover Shimano Hyperglide
Cyclo CYC395 Pro Series Cassette Remover Shimano Hyperglide

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 21 May 2014
Good value for the money. Not sure it would stand up to constant usage but good for a DIY person like me.

Cable End Tidy Brake Aly (pack of 10)
Cable End Tidy Brake Aly (pack of 10)
Offered by QIAN QI BAI HUO DIAN

4.0 out of 5 stars Seem pretty good, 21 May 2014
Cable end tidies - what can I say. They crimp on no bother and save frayed ends of cables. Not my first purchase of these and I will buy more when I need them.

Clarks Elite MTB/Hybrid Brake Pads Integral Block W/ Triple Compound Insert Pads, 72 mm
Offered by wificycles

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 21 May 2014
These were easy to fit; have very good stopping power (compared to the blocks I removed, certainly). They do squeal a bit - I have just reset them and this seems to have quitened, but to the detriment of the stopping power.
I will buy these again when they need replacing. Incidentally I bought them from Amazon who were a lot cheaper than the first vendor who pulled up seling these - always shop around, even on Amazon!

Knog Party Frank Lock Security 10836 purple violet
Knog Party Frank Lock Security 10836 purple violet

5.0 out of 5 stars Excllent, 21 May 2014
Durable; easy to use; attaractive; quite light. Not sure how long to would stand up to a determined thief but is a good visual deterrent. Not the longest bet can wrap round a couple of bikes; or when and frame of 1 bike. More for use outside the school or shops.
I would recommend.

Draper 12020 14.5-inch Storage Box
Draper 12020 14.5-inch Storage Box

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 21 May 2014
It's small but durable and has lasted well. I would recommend this and am looking to buy another as it is a good size to stow away in the boot of the car to carry any odd tools etc.

Draper DIY Series 08702 380 mm x 170 mm x 150 mm Plastic Storage Box
Draper DIY Series 08702 380 mm x 170 mm x 150 mm Plastic Storage Box

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty, 21 May 2014
Didn't last - and it was carrying kids toys. It wuld have collaped instantly had it been used for proper tooling. Cheap rubbish.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5