Profile for Tarkers > Reviews

Content by Tarkers

Tarkers (Wilts United Kingdom)

Fortress
Fortress
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Blistering When Loud!, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fortress (Audio CD)
Been a huge fan since Alter Bridge first formed and highly rate their first three albums, although felt AB III was their weakest. So awaited their fourth offering with a little trepidation. My god how unfounded that was! Fortress is their best by a mile. Every song is a belter and the more you listen the better they get. The depth and complexity of each one is awesome. Highlight for me is Cry of Achilles - what a song! Just add decibels and it takes you heavy rock heaven. Do the same for the other songs and let yourself get swept away in a tide of pulsating rifts, lead breaks, soaring vocals and thundering drums & bass. Fantastic stuff!
If you're reading this you have to own Fortress - you owe it to yourself.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2014 9:10 PM GMT

Things You Can Do When You're Dead!: True Accounts of After Death Communication
Things You Can Do When You're Dead!: True Accounts of After Death Communication
by Tricia J. Robertson
Price: 11.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating - An Absolute Must Read, 30 July 2013
This is a must read for anyone wanting hard, indisputable evidence on the survival of our conscience post death. Upon reading this excellent book you realise how very little we know about the afterlife and what awaits us when we pass on. The evidence presented here is so overwhelming it leaves no avenue for doubt. Having experienced first hand the ability of one Medium mentioned, I am utterly convinced our conscience moves on to exist in a realm current scientific understanding is unaware of. I cannot commend enough researchers such as Tricia Robertson in their tireless commitment to bring paranormal evidence to the attention of the general public. There is so much more for humankind to discover. Read it and find out for yourself, you will not be disappointed.

Science and the Afterlife Experience: Evidence for the Immortality of Consciousness
by Chris Carter
Price: 11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Read, 23 Oct 2012
This is the third book in a trilogy exploring the evidence for the Immortality of Consciousness and it provides an overwhelming and compelling argument for the survival of the mind after death. It gives the reader conclusive evidence, beyond all reasonable doubt, that the survival of the mind after death is a proven fact that should be accepted by science and explored further.
What lifts this above all other books is the rigour in which evidence for both believers and sceptics is presented. The cases are examined, reviewed and concluded in lay mans terms leaving no room for misunderstanding or misinterpretation. The evidence is there and is so compelling that the reader is left with very little doubt that the mind does indeed survive death and continues in the afterlife.
The world needs people like Chris Carter to push the boundaries of convention and question what we currently accept as scientific fact. What will be uncovered in the future may bewilder and astonish many but this should not deter us from investigating further and seeking answers even though the consequences may be detrimental to many learned bodies. And I think that is where the crux of difficulties with this type of research lies - changing current convention and beliefs.
But even so, studies and evidence as provided in this book must continue if we are to enhance and enlighten our current understanding of what consciousness is and what awaits us in the next chapter of its existence.
This has whetted my appetite to research and discover more and I can only congratulate Chris Carter for producing this wonderful read and thoroughly recommend this and his other two books in the trilogy to anyone who seeks an answer to these most intriguing and ancient questions: "why are we here and what is next?"

Live from Amsterdam (Deluxe Edition With Bonus DVD)
Live from Amsterdam (Deluxe Edition With Bonus DVD)
Price: 14.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Stuff, 20 Feb 2011
Been putting off buying the live DVD released a couple of years ago now because the band were supposedly unhappy with it. Having seen them twice decided I couldn't resist this at the price. I am not disappointed, the DVD has captured them at their awesome best (can only think the band members must be perfectionists!) This is how live heavy rock music should be. I'll defy any serious heavy rock fan not to want to see Alter Bridge in the flesh after seeing this.
For the money, its excellent value, worth buying for the DVD alone, the CD is a bonus.
Part with your hard earned cash, put the DVD on extra loud and transform your living room into the live arena - absolutely brilliant!

Ab III
Ab III
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrice the Pleasure, 31 Oct 2010
This review is from: Ab III (Audio CD)
Don't usually send in reviews but this album is so good I had to say something.
Alter Bridge have progressed musically in the right direction for me getting heavier and more accomplished in their compositions. 'Slip to the Void', 'Coeur dA'Lene' , 'Still Remains' and 'Show me a Sign' are highlights for me. But they are equally supported by the other tracks on the album - the more I listen the better they get.
By far the best heavy rock album of the year. Ignore it at your peril!

Chickenfoot
Chickenfoot

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Debut Album !, 21 Jan 2010
This review is from: Chickenfoot (MP3 Download)
Somehow this album passed me by when released earlier in the year. What an oversight! This is full on rock with brilliant vocals, amazing guitar work and superb backing bass and drums. All eleven tracks are good with the highlights for me being 'Get it Up', 'Down the Drain' and 'Turning Left'. The latter I just can't stop listening to - guitar solo to close the track is amazing - Joe Satriani at his best!
Take the best from Montrose, Van Halen & Chillie Peppers and this is what you get - the best rock album release of 2009. Buy it..... it will not disappoint.

Blackbird
Blackbird
Price: 5.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Alterbridge - Deserve to be Huge, 22 Sep 2008
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
This album along with their first I just can't stop listening to. Vocals, guitar riffs top notch. Composition of all the songs great - even the slower tracks are listenable to.
"Ties That Bind" is stunning.
"Blackbird" takes me back to the earlier days of heavy rock.
I could go on waxing lyrical on the greatness of this album but the easiest thing is to say if you like heavy rock with imaginative well composed tracks with incredible vocals and guitar work - go out, buy it and treasure it!

Folklore and Superstition
Folklore and Superstition
Price: 5.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Stone Cherry Delivers a Second Time, 22 Sep 2008
After discovering BSC just a few months ago I eagerly awaited their second album on the strength of the stunning debut.
Their second album took a little longer to appreciate due to it being slightly more mainstream but nevertheless it is a great album. Just slightly lacks the heavier feel than their first album.
But having said that my favorite track is the "The Key" - wonderful use of the harmonica in the middle just makes me listen time after time.
Another great album and well worth owning. Can't wait to see them in Bristol in a couple of months time. Rock on...

Black Stone Cherry
Black Stone Cherry
Price: 5.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Southern Rock Rises Supreme, 22 Sep 2008
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
One of the finest rock debut albums I've come across and thats going back to the debuts of Montrose and the like.
Lonely Train stands out for me - incredible riff.
The whole album doesn't have a weak track on it. Unique ball breaking rock with overtones of Skynyrd, Blackfoot and the likes but brought into the heavier arena. Love it.
I you like southern rock with a heavier edge, go out and buy it you won't be disappointed.

Free Bird/Tribute Tour [DVD]
Free Bird/Tribute Tour [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lynyrd Skynyrd
Offered by PurpleBix DVDs
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Classic Skynyrd, 27 Jan 2006
This review is from: Free Bird/Tribute Tour [DVD] (DVD)
Was fortunate to see the great band in 1976 at Portsmouth Guildhall and that performance rates as possibly the best live performance off all the fifty-odd live gigs I went to during rocks heyday. This DVD captures the essence of the band with superb footage of their Knebworth performance. Footage from other gigs is great to see but its the Knebworth stuff that makes this worth every penny. The only thing that irks me is the Freebird recording as it is taken from a gig in the states and concentrates on the crowd more than the band. Why the Knebworth performance of Freebird was not used escapes me as the band were clearly on top form there. It would have been the icing on the cake !
But even so this is an absolute must for Skynyrd fans as this shows them at their peak as undoubtedly the most accomplished southern rock bands the States has ever produced.
Buy it...... it will not disappoint.