Profile for Goran Ekstrom > Reviews

Content by Goran Ekstrom

Goran Ekstrom (Stockholm, Sweden)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Making Mirrors
Making Mirrors
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars I have regained my faith in music, 4 May 2012
This review is from: Making Mirrors (Audio CD)
After a decade and a half of "Lady Gaga" I had lost interest in music, maybe due to laziness, who knows but then suddenly I hear this guy "Gotye" on VH1 and I am immediatetly transferred back to the 80:s and early 90:s when you could still discover new *music* on the charts. Bought his two last albums and I am almost blown away, maybe I have now found a new generation replacement to old heroes like Peter Gabriel, I mean... I would have been glad to pay 2-3 times the album cost for the song "Save me" alone, this guy is a genius with harmonies and arrangements! I have still to tune in to the rest of the tracks but this is already a must-buy.

Best Of Lisa Gerrard
Best Of Lisa Gerrard

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my thing, really, 16 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Best Of Lisa Gerrard (Audio CD)
This was my first and, most likely, the last album of LG. I, like I guess many others, where introduced to her via the Gladiator soundtrack where she excels together with Hans Zimmer but this was a dissapointment. The main reason for the low rating is because the musical type of LG, middle-eastern harmonies and melodies, doesn't do anything for me. The vocal abilites of LG definitively gets five stars though, hope she will make some more collaborations with Zimmer!

Two and a Half Men - Season 8 [DVD] [2011]
Two and a Half Men - Season 8 [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Charlie Sheen
Offered by rsdvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Was the Sheen meltdown really a meltdown..., 20 Sept. 2011
... or just a way to get off of the Titanic? Season 8 is just full of sadism and frat humour, no way near the old quality standards, a big yawn. I made a pledge some years ago to never, ever watch anything with Ashton Kutcher in it so now I really don't know what to do, it may just be over for good.

Wasting Light
Wasting Light
Offered by MediaMerchants

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough, 7 May 2011
This review is from: Wasting Light (Audio CD)
After a long line of excellent releases by FF I had great expectations of Wasting Light, unfortunately it is a dissapointment. For a group that has (or had) a principle of "no filler tracks", this album seems like a compilation of earlier discarded work. Gone is the signature strong songwriting where Rope is the best track but that would only have been a descent one on their earlier albums. I saw a short review from an american magazine that called it "a celebration of grunge" or similar. Maybe it is. For me, grunge was an over exposed, overrated part of music history, I didn't like it then and maybe thats why I don't like Wasting Light today.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2012 11:58 PM GMT

Two and a Half Men - Season 7 [DVD] [2010]
Two and a Half Men - Season 7 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Charlie Sheen
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Still going relatively strong..., 8 Nov. 2010
I am a little amazed that this sitcom is still worth seeing but it actually is, I would've thought that the script writers had covered every piece of ground possible by now but it still works. The humour is still strong although bordering on unpleasantly sadistic from time to time and not as clever as you are used to, we'll see how the Sheen meltdown ends but apart from that, I am eagerly awaiting season 8.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2010 10:19 PM GMT

From a to B
From a to B

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Jun. 2010
This review is from: From a to B (Audio CD)
This is a general rave about New Music, being a die-hard fan since the early eightees. If you are a true music lover, please check out the New Musik catalog, you will not be dissapointed!

Anywhere
Anywhere
Offered by samurai media JPN401

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Anywhere (Audio CD)

The Sarah Silverman Program - Season 1 [DVD]
The Sarah Silverman Program - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Silverman
Offered by westworld-

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, but this is not good enough, 13 April 2010
I love SS in all the Youtube clips available but this is just not good enough for more than three stars, the singing is annoying, the humour is "over-intellectual" and has that "eager high school student" tone that people over 25-30 just can't stand. Could be "Season 1"-jitters (I only have this disc) but again, barely makes into the OK category.

Chappelle's Show Season 1 Uncensored [DVD] [2003]
Chappelle's Show Season 1 Uncensored [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Dave Chappelle
Offered by claires_media_store

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 13 April 2010
Much of todays "comedy" is just four letter word barking idiots but Chappelle is comedy for the thinking man, excellent!

Predators: Pedophiles, Rapists and Other Sex Offenders - Who They are, How They Operate and How We Can Protect Ourselves and Our Children
by Anna C. Salter

4.0 out of 5 stars A good heads-up but not a life manual, 12 Mar. 2010
Although clearly written by someone who has extremely good insight into the dark world of sexual and violent predators, paedophiles and rapists, the conclusions are a little too misanthropic and typical American "buy a gun tomorrow or you'll be dead". However, it is a very good learning book for how to recognise these characters and that's why this book is a very interesting and good reading.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3