Profile for Tony > Reviews

Content by Tony

Tony (Saltash, Cornwall)

Page: 1 | 2
ABC Products® Replacement Pure DAB Digital Radio 9V / 9 Volt Ac Mains Battery Charger Adapter Adaptor Power Supply Cord (60986) for Select Radios (Models Stated Below)
Offered by abcproducts

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted ten minutes., 13 Jan 2014
This short and sweet review will probably take longer to write than this power supply lasted.
I bought this as I had given the original power supply to my son as he had lost his one in a house move.
The radio worked fine with the old power supply so I can only assume this one is not up to the job of powering a Pure Evoke-2 radio for longer than ten minutes.
It is being returned for a refund and another replacement is being sought.

Wera 05059291001 Kraftform Kompakt VDE Adjustable Torque Screwdriver Set
Wera 05059291001 Kraftform Kompakt VDE Adjustable Torque Screwdriver Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Best screwdriver make I have owned., 19 Dec 2013
As an electrician decent screwdrivers are a must and the current regs mean that I have to certify that screws have been tightened correctly, so I purchased this set as all my other screwdrivers are Wera.
Build quality is the usual Wera standard and the case makes it easy to keep handy.
The price may seem steep but should I be stood in court and a barrister asks how I know the terminals were correctly tightened I can show him/her the calibration certificate of the set and know it was money well spent.

CAT B15 Android 4.1 Ruggedised IP67 Certified UK Sim Free Smartphone
CAT B15 Android 4.1 Ruggedised IP67 Certified UK Sim Free Smartphone

1.0 out of 5 stars Had two, returned both., 19 Dec 2013
I initially was very pleased with the phone as it seemed tough enough to withstand being at work with me.
However, the first one was returned as people could not hear what I was saying when trying to make a call (not good when trying to book in new customers).
The second one lasted a couple of weeks and was returned due to the lack of response from the screen rendering the phone inoperable and reboots did nothing to alleviate the problem.
Amazon were brilliant when I contacted them to complain about the phone and said they were reluctant to just replace the phone as it was the second faulty unit I had received.
They duly refunded my money and I replaced it with a Motorola Razr HD which has been faultless and I would thoroughly recommend one to anybody.

Henckels Poultry shears, s/s, 24cm
Henckels Poultry shears, s/s, 24cm
Offered by Wiedenhoff Stahlwaren

1.0 out of 5 stars Form over function and badly made., 24 Aug 2013
I was hoping for great things from these expensive poultry shears but having tried to use them I found the handles uncomfortable, one of the blades was blunt and the catch which holds the blades closed kept coming loose and jamming the shears.
I gave up after attempting to cut the first chicken. As well as being uncomfortable to hold due to the slender handles the meat/bone just slipped along the blade without being cut, added to that the catch unscrewed its holding screw and consequently flopped around getting in the way.
Upon inspection I found one of the blades was incorrectly ground, making it blunt for the lower third and that would explain why the meat slid instead of sheared.
The catch turns its holding screw when you unlock the shears so it is either a design fault or incorrectly assembled.
I had hoped that, being german, the quality would be second to none but these are made in Italy and the quality control at the factory leaves a lot to be desired as these are not fit for purpose.
Fortunately Amazon's returns policy is up to the task and these are being returned for a refund.
I will stick to the Oxo good grip shears as they are less than a quarter of the price and do the job much more efficiently in comfort.
In my experience, save your money and buy the Oxo shears.

Head Radical Tennis Balls -  Triple Pack (12 Balls)
Head Radical Tennis Balls - Triple Pack (12 Balls)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for heavy mouthed dogs!, 15 July 2013
I bought these as my bull lurcher has a tendancy to destroy the tennis ball lookalikes.
These have proven to be very resilient and her best efforts to burst the first one have thus far failed so there are still eleven waiting in reserve.
Well worth every penny as a great ball for dogs.
I do not play tennis so I cannot comment on their fitness for the designed purpose.

EasyAcc 13.3 inch Laptop Sleeve Bag Case Cover Neoprene Shock Resistant Pouch Protective Handbag for Apple Macbook Air 13, Acer Aspire S3, Asus Zenbook UX31, Lenovo IdeaPad U300s, Samsung SERIES 9 NP900X3B, Toshiba Satellite Z830, SONY SVT13128CCS (Black, for Men, suitable for almost all 13.3 inch ultrabooks)
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Will not fit the Lenovo Yoga 13., 15 July 2013
I bought this to protect my Yoga 13 as it was advertised as being compatible with the Yoga.
However, it is a real struggle to get the Yoga to fit. If you push and pull really hard the yoga will fit in but then you cannot get the zip to close. As I did not want to damage either the case or my Yoga I gave up on trying to close the zip and have requested a return and refund.
The case itself seems well made and if my Yoga had fitted inside I would have been more than happy with it but if you are thinking of getting one for your Yoga 13 then think again and look elsewhere.

Andrew James Premium Electric Meat Mincer Grinder and Sausage Maker, With Vegetable And Cheese Grater Attachment. Powerful 1800 Watt Copper Motor
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Grinds chickens, bones and all., 2 Feb 2013
I bought this meat grinder to chew up chicken carcasses for my retired racing greyhound as he no longer has any back teeth (a racing legacy apparently but that is another story).
I buy the carcasses in 10kg lots, cut them into pieces to fit in the grinder and grind them up.
I use the largest sized plate and the grinder has not baulked once. Yes it could be considered noisy but it is a machine with a plastic case. If you paid three times the price then you may find something quieter. It is not excessively noisy and it is on for a few minutes at a time for an hour once a week. Takes 10 minutes to clean, oil the cutter plates and stow away. Takes up very little room on the side. So what is not to like? Not a lot.
I would whole heartedly recommend a bones and raw food diet for your dog and this meat grinder makes it inexpensive in the long run once the initial outlay is made. I can feed a 32Kg dog for three weeks on £10 using this method.
Try it, your dog will thank you for it.

Update:
It is now mid July and it is still grinding its way through the chickens with ease. As I now have another dog it gets through 15Kg of chicken a week with no problems.

Wera 05057692001 Mini-Check Impaktor 3
Wera 05057692001 Mini-Check Impaktor 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough impact proof!, 31 Jan 2013
Bought these as I was fed up with my impact screwdriver destroying normal bits.
These are the business. After severe punishment on the worksite the only bit I have used so far is still in pristine condition.
Well worth the extra cost over standard bits.

Heavy Duty 2A Dual Port USB Car Charger for Apple NEW iPAD / iPAD 2 iPAD mini/ iPhone 5 (cable NOT included) / iPhone 4s 4 / iPhone 3G 3Gs / iPod Touch (OEM Cable Required) Comes with free Micro USB Cable and full 10 year warranty from eTrading24

5.0 out of 5 stars Car charger, heavy duty with less clutter., 31 Jan 2013
Bought two of these to charge sat navs and phones in mine and my partner's cars.
Well made and work fine. I can now throw away the extra piece of kit I had to double up my 12v power socket, so less junk in my car.
As an aside;
I do feel it is unfair to mark down an item when the customer fails to read the description properly but if you buy one now thinking that it will charge the iThing 5 then you really should not be allowed out on your own.

Security Light For You & Your Dog by Dog Security
Security Light For You & Your Dog by Dog Security
Offered by OFA Products Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars No more lost dog!, 6 Dec 2012
I purchased this to replace an illuminated collar that was just not bright enough to let me see the whereabouts of my dog in the dark.
Now I can spot her from 100's of metres away with ease.
The only thing to note is that there is no true locking mechanism and it is the friction from the rubber seals that stops it from unscrewing fully. Once you have grasped the concept of switching off the light by unscrewing the bezel and then tightening it back up just enough to hold the lot together but not switch the light on, then all is well.
A true locking mechanism would, of course, raise the price accordingly but these are cheap enough to buy another as a spare should one get lost.
All in all, perfect for the intended use.

Page: 1 | 2