Profile for A W. > Reviews

Content by A W.

A W. (london, GB)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Cloudrunnerz USB Charging Charger Cable [2 Pack] Cord Lead For Fitbit Charge HR Activity Tracker Wristband Bracelet Black
Offered by BeardedBros

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable with voltage regulator (which does make a difference!), 23 July 2016
I got these because there *is* a difference between a lot of these fitbit HR charging cables. A lot of them come without the voltage regulator which means you need to connect them up to a USB port in a computer or tablet or something. I didn't want that. I wanted my fitbit to be charged at the plug because it gives it a fuller longer charge. The problem with putting your fitbit to charge on a plug point is that the voltage can spike and it can be problematic. Not with this cable. The regulator inside the cable allows for a steady charge - just what I wanted. These can also be charged on a laptop or PC so you get all the options.

You get two cables so I have one for home and one for the office/traveling. I'm sick of being caught out without a cable and ending up missing out on loads of steps. I also wear the fitbit as a watch so it's handy to be able to charge it in multiple places now.

My fitbit took the same amount of time to charge as the official cable so...why would you spend extra money for one cable when you can get two cables that do exactly the same job? No brainer, really.

I got this product at a discount (I still had to pay for it; it wasn't free) in return for an honest review. I only review products I need because then I can give an honest review - I rely on reviews to make decisions so I want mine to help.

KYLIN SPORT Pull Up Training Yoga Pilates Elastic Loop Resistance Bands 35 to 85LBS Purple for Crossfit Gymnastics Workout
Offered by KYLIN FITNESS

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice band for women progressing through unassisted pull ups., 17 May 2016
I originally had a green band and it's seen me develop my ability to knock out pull ups and chin ups - as a woman, it's not simple to develop the upper body strength and the best way to progress is to use a band (certainly not to use one of those mechanically assisted machines as pullups and chinups are full body exercises and machines stop most of the movement).
So, the band I got was: KYLIN SPORT Assisted Pull Up Resistance Band -Purple (35-85 lbs) compared to my older Colour: Green - 50 to 125lb.

The band is thick enough to provide support without feeling like it's going to break. I've used it a couple of times and it helps me just enough so I have to work to pull up - which is what you want. I don't want to plateau through my gym workouts. I need a bit of help but I want to be doing the rest on my own.

I had no quality issues. It's a band. There's not much that can go wrong with it unless you weigh a lot more and can't pull yourself up at all - then you need to make sure you get the correct width or you may have issues (with any band, not just this one). Otherwise I had no faults with the band I got. It's solid without nicks or weird manufacturing errors.

Colour - standard. The colours respond to the general progression in weight with 95% of manufacturers. It's pretty generic.

I got this product at a bit of discount on the understanding I'd provide a review - wasn't free. Thing is, I was hunting for a purple band because I have a green one (the thicker one) for pull ups and chin ups in the gym and I've outgrown it. So, I nabbed this opportunity to get me a new band!

Higher Nature True Food Easy Iron Pack of 90
Higher Nature True Food Easy Iron Pack of 90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great iron pills, 1 May 2016
Brilliant product. I have had issues with a lack of iron for years and traditional pills don't agree with me (and I have tried the liquids and tabs and...everything)

These work as I feel 100x better. I don't have any side effects. No problems tummies at all. The pills are small and easy to take. I am super glad I stumbled upon them.

Merrell Phoenix Mid Gore-Tex, Men's Lace-Up Trekking and Hiking Boots - Black (Black/Carbon), 8 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing - girls, get a size up, 1 May 2016
The reason most people read the reviews on these shoes is: The Sizing!

And yes, the sizing is a big issue. I am a generic UK7/EU41. I always buy shoes on the internet and they arrive and fit great every time. These I had to take a chance with and read loads of reviews.

The shoes are narrow. I'm female and I ordered a size up UK8/EU42 and they are *just* a tad too narrow, although this may work out in time and after some wearing. I would hate to be a guy with wider feet, wanting to get these and buying their actual size.

The boots themselves are really nice. Very lightweight, and comfy, and I've yet to test them in the rain so I guess that day will come.

Would I buy them again? Yes, I think they are very good value.

Phoenix Fit UK No Tie Elastic Lace System - Easy to install in a range of colours. Great for runners, children, older people & active lifestyles - 1 Pair (Midnight Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, laces that don't annoy me!, 23 April 2016
Laces coming undone seem to plague me even when I double knot them. It probably is me and not them, but the end result is the same - I find myself having to stop on my run/in the gym/even walking to the shops, and do them up. Running can be a problem because you get into a rhythm, into the zone, and then you get pulled out by laces. Laces! So, when I was offered a discount on a pair of these for review, I jumped at the chance (I don't review anything I don't want to use. Why would I?)

First, they turn up in a plastic container that didn't need me to get the hedge trimmers out to open. It had been designed to pull apart. Imagine that. Thank you very much.
Secondly. The instructions were on the back, big and bold, so it was impossible to not understand how they worked (which is a process that took me all of 60 seconds per lace - including removing my old ones)
Thirdly. I went to the gym, for a run, and a long walk to the shops. The laces felt nicer than my normal ones. More supportive and tighter but without being too tight and painful. They had the right amount of flex, but proper flex. Flex that gives and then returns.

I am very happy with these. I've attached some pictures to help you see what you are getting because I think it's important to see the quality of something from REAL pictures (hence why I did one shoe with and one without) that someone has taken after getting the product.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sleep / Eye Mask - Sleeping Masks Men & Women MONEY BACK GUARANTEE NEW DESIGN using Organic Bamboo & Cotton Lining - Making it Better than Silk - Our Luxury Patented Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask & Ear Plug Set is the Best Blackout Eyemask it will Block Light but Wont Touch your eyes like other Eyemasks - Carry Pouch and Ear Plugs Included for FREE
Offered by Natural Revolution Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice soft mask that blocks out light, 22 April 2016
I travel a lot and often end up either on planes trying to get sleep or in hotels with fashionable (read: rubbish) curtains/blinds. I need darkness to sleep. I've used the regular type of sleeping masks before but even after a few years, the fact they touch my eyelids can wake me up. I was very happy to be given a discount on this product in exchange for an honest review. So, here we go.

It arrived in a pretty fancy looking box. Nice attention to detail so it'd make a nice gift. You get a mask, ear plugs and a little baggy to make sure the mask doesn't get dirty.

The mask itself is padded around the edges so very soft - and this is where it touches the skin and keeps the actual mask section over the eyes, off them. The nose section is also shaped so it sits really well. For me, it blocked out all of the light, didn't want me up, was super comfy and didn't leave marks on my face the next morning.

The band is wide elasticated velcro. It didn't pull my hair - which I was abit concerned about. Seemed to work well and it was adjustable (properly, instead of those normal metal clips on sleeping masks) so I could really make sure it was to my liking.

Ear plugs? What's to say - they worked. Job done. Disposable, as you'd expect. I do use these sometimes, especially on planes, to cut down on general noise.

I liked the little soft baggy that you could store everything in. The mask folds up and sits in the bag.

Would I improve anything? It's a mask that works and comes with earplugs that also work so - no. I just want to sleep well when I'm not at home and this helps. I don't think the purchase needs to be over thought: want something to block out light and be comfy? Here it is.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Masione® Yoga Mat 6mm Thick Floor Exercise Mats Workout Fitness Pilates Blanket Anti-Tear and Non Slip Surface Cushioned Foam Camping Pad with Carry Bag Purple
Offered by Rightful UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Well cushioned, transportable, comfy, yoga mat, 9 April 2016
I'd gotten a different yoga mat prior to this and, although pricier, it was a bit of a fail. It meant I had to get another one so - the opportunity came around for me to try this mat out at a discounted price (for an honest review) so I thought - job done. Let's nab this and give it a whirl.

It's lovely. It's supportive and springy but without being too springy if you know what I mean. My feet don't slip on it. The mat doesn't slip on the floor. It feels nice on bare feet and hands. It's really well cushioned, again, without being over cushioned. It's light and rolls up really easily. The carry case allows ventilation because yoga is not without some sweat, let's face it.

I added some photos (you know what cameras are like - you point and click and the colour looks odd because of some strange technology in the phone-camera. The purple mat is like the picture in the case. It came out much bluer in the close up for some reason).

I am just really happy with it. I've gone from having achy knees and elbows to having significantly less problems when trying to maintain poses. And that was my goal. I didn't want to agonise over a yoga mat. I wanted something that I could just buy and it would help me in my quest to be more nimble. This mat did that for me so - give it a whirl. I'd be surprised if you were disappointed.

Macks Pillow Soft Silicone Earplugs, Value Pack, 6 pr
Macks Pillow Soft Silicone Earplugs, Value Pack, 6 pr
Offered by Doctor Bens Health Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a good night's sleep!, 3 April 2016
Like most people, I do not live in a cottage, surrounded by silent English countryside. I live in London, surrounded by barking dogs, people having karaoke late at night, and generally stupid noise from neighbours. So I need earplugs to sleep sometimes. The normal ones (you know, the foam ones you have to stick in your ears) have a tendency to make my ears ache when I wake up or they fall out half way through the night. So I decided to try these.
Hallelujah! (And another hallelujah for autospell because that is not an easy word to remember)
Macks Pillow Soft Sillicone Earplugs are awesome. They are moldable wax and they sit over the opening of the ear. Yup, don't push them in (this is all explained in the handy instruction sheet that sits in the pack so you never forget. I've added a pic of it so you can see before you buy

If you have trouble sleeping and you don't get on with traditional earplugs, give these a try.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Defence Applications of Multi-Agent Systems: International Workshop, DAMAS 2005 Utrecht, The Netherlands, July 25, 2005 Revised and Invited Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
by Simon G. Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent walk through defence applications and security measures., 3 April 2016
When the seller said excellent copy, they weren't joking. Pristine would probably describe it better.
It's a very in depth look at some security papers on multi-agent systems re: defence applications.

- Agile military radio networks
- AAMAS
- Congitive agents...
- Action selection
- Distributed decision making
- Represented emotions in combat

...to name but some of the papers in the book.

Arrived well packaged from America. Very happy with product and seller :)

Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Weight Gain Powder Strawberry 5.44kg
Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Weight Gain Powder Strawberry 5.44kg

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too many scoops needed but tastes good and mixes well, 13 Feb. 2016
It's a mass gainer because you have to mix SO MANY SCOOPS of the stuff that it's impossible not to get loads of calories. Do the same with any normal sports protein mix and you will reach 1000 calories (if you can fit all the powder into a receptacle for mixing) - 4 massive scoops will always help you gain weight, irrespective of the product.

Okay, let's go to some pluses. The taste and mix-ability are very good. If you mix it with water and milk, add the water first and mix then the milk. It has a tendency to clump when you add it to milk (cows or soya). It does just fine mixed in water and then the milk added (I mix it in just enough water to dissolve and then add milk)

Taste - not bad. It's a big bag and strawberry is just fine. American stuff can be too sweet sometimes but this is well balanced and doesn't taste fake.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7