Profile for musiclover > Reviews

musiclover

SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4GB MP3 Player with Radio and MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4GB MP3 Player with Radio and MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality is excellent..., 10 Jun 2012
I read a lot of reviews and researched different mp3 players and ipods before deciding on the sansa fuze. I was on a budget but wanted something halfway decent for my music, especially as I commute a lot. Really, for the price this player is amazing. My husband had the ipod nano which I used a fair amount (and which obviously is so much more money) and I think this seems just as good - and for a fraction of the price. My initial impressions:

1. The look/design is very attractive and cute. It feels quality and is easy to handle. The picture on Amazon doesn't really show you how it looks, it really is much better than that. Mine came in a white box (as stated) but I don't really mind that at all - not a problem to me - and the manual can be easily found on the supplier's site so didn't need to be sent. It didn't have a scratch on it and works very well. (It really looks better than an ipod in my opinion, its slightly fatter and nicer to handle, its not as 'slippery' as an ipod). I'm very pleased with the look. I'm getting a leather cover/case for it to protect it as I'm concerned that the screen could easily get scratched.

2. I've only added music and photos so far and the music was incredibly straight forward to do. I'm not a technical expert by any means and it was very simple. I used media player to sync my songs. Was listening to music within minutes. It can hold 4 gb's - so lots, but if that's not enough there is an option of the memory card slot, so I may get that in the future. This is a big bonus and which makes it a versatile piece with the potential to hold a great deal - again for the price you can't fault this.

3. The issue that took longest and was the most problematic was downloaded the sansa media convertor software - you need this to see your pictures and videos. But the problem was due to my firewall - it wasn't the product's fault. Once I sorted that, it was straight forward, just follow the instructions (I did find it helped reading the manual).

4. The screen quality is really good - for the size - good clear images, excellent colours. The photos look very good. You can create different albums for particular projects or trips etc.

5. The controls are intuitive and the wheel is fine. No problems at all. Works very well so far.

6. The sound: In a word -excellent; I can't say a bad word about this. The headphones supplied I also think are reasonable and good quality (although I see some reviews say they aren't so great). Crystal clear, good bass and treble. The music EQ in the device's settings allows you to customise and I recommend doing this as it really makes a difference to the sound and for the different types of music you listen to. You can adjust this EQ to get the perfect sound depending on the piece you are listening to. Again, this is really user friendly.

7. I haven't done much with the playlists yet so can't comment on that.

8. I haven't tried the video yet, this is an 'added bonus' for me as the main thing is the music. The screen is understandably small but I'd imagine its not a bad experience watching a video on this if you are stuck on a train.

I recommend getting this if you don't want to go down the Apple route and if you are on a budget but yet still want to get a quality device for your music. As a bit of a warning - I'm hoping there won't be any major problems with this as I've only just got it and will update this if there is any issues in the future, but for now, happy listening :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2013 12:24 AM GMT