Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Yorkshire, UK)

Fruit of the Loom 3 Pack Super Premium Men's T-Shirt Chocolate/Graphite/Olive X-Large
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jan. 2016
Good quality plain T-shirts, better than the crap you get from Primark etc.

Dragon Touch A1X Plus 10.1" Quad Core Tablet PC Google Android 5.0 Lollipop, 1GB RAM, 16GB Nand Flash, Bluetooth, GPS, HDMI,FM Radio, Google Play Pre-installed, Dual Camera, 3D Game Supported, 2015 New Model
Offered by iTrade-Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 15 Dec. 2015
I ordered this because I wanted a 10" tablet to replace my ageing 7" Nexus for home use, and the reviews here and elsewhere are predominantly positive. My requirements are quite light (no 3D gaming etc.) so I thought I would try a budget tablet rather than go the far more expensive iPad/Samsung route.

I've only had it a day and so far I am impressed with this device. One niggle is that the included USB lead did not fit into the tablet's socket properly and it would not therefore charge. Fortunately I have a few of these cables, and one of them did the job. That costs a star though - such a simple thing to get right too.

Spotify, YouTube, Foxit PDF reader, Perfect Viewer, iPlayer - all these work fine, as does the Google Chrome browser. The built-in speakers sound better (certainly louder) than my old Nexus, and the sound through headphones is good.

It isn't 1920x1080, but why would you watch HD on a tablet anyway? The video resoloution is more than adequate for a 10" tablet, and the picture quality is good.

It's faster than my Nexus 7... so far: I'll just have to see how this deteriorates over time. For making the most of the 1gb of RAM I find installing a task manager is useful for 'killing' processes that refuse to go away after you've closed the corresponding app, although there doesn't seem to be lots of non-uninstallable bloatware running in the background (as can be the case with many Android devices).

For 75 pounds I am really pleased with this product. As mentioned, my one complaint is the ill-fitting USB cable, which did not work. If not for that, I would certainly award this five stars.

UPDATE JAN 31st, 2016. Had it a couple of months now, and it has performed well. A major flaw is the mini-USB socket though. It is fussy and accepts very few chargers (the one it came with didn't work in my case). I have a charger that works with it, but for this design flaw I would advise caution before buying what it otherwise a good value for money tablet.

Single 3ft Wooden Pine Bed Frame - Can be used by Adults - Strong siderail support legs included
Offered by Strictly Beds and Bunks Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid bed, 12 May 2014
This is a good, solid bed, suitable for full-grown adults and not just children (like some beds with wooden slats are). I'm over 14 stone and it supports me well enough, it is great for the spare room.

The two supports that provide extra strength to the middle of the bed rail did not come pre-drilled or with any screws in my case, but I was able to rectify this with a bit of drilling and four long screws from my own stock. A small quibble for a 75.00 bed frame made with quality wood, so just one star knocked off for this.

555 Timer and Its Applications
555 Timer and Its Applications
by Sharma M.C.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good collection of 555 timer projects, 25 April 2014
This contains a good collection of projects with accompanying curcuit schematics, along with an introduction and technical information for this highly versatile IC. It's a little old-fashioned in style, and you can find shed-loads of 555 projects for free on the Web, but for 2.99 it's a nice little book to have. The 555 timer is an excellent chip for the electronics hobbyist beginner to build breadboard projects around.

Whiskas Pouch Simply Grilled Meat and Fish '48 x 85 g pouches'
Whiskas Pouch Simply Grilled Meat and Fish '48 x 85 g pouches'
Offered by Micronutrients Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor choice of courier, 6 April 2014
Was 9.50 when I started a few months ago but has been creeping up gradually. Last delivery was a debacle due to them using Yodel as couriers, so I have cancelled any further orders. I do not want Yodel in my life.

Cats love the food but am forced to buy elsewhere so I can rely on it being delivered.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2014 9:39 AM GMT

London Street Atlas (paperback) (A-Z Street Atlas)
London Street Atlas (paperback) (A-Z Street Atlas)
by Geographers A-Z Map Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Design classic, 28 Sept. 2011
Well, what can I say about the London A-Z (which I bought for a visit to London) apart from the fact that it's a masterpiece of mapping. In hindsight I wish I had bought a ringbound edition as it's a bit difficult seeing into the 'crack', but then I should have thought of that before ordering.

The Charlie Chaplin Collection 8 DVD Set
The Charlie Chaplin Collection 8 DVD Set
Dvd ~ Charlie Chaplin

4.0 out of 5 stars A great selection, 17 Aug. 2011
A great selection of Chaplin shorts.

A small niggle: the music is ill-fitting and downright irritating at times.

A slightly larger niggle: one of the discs froze halfway through a film, and treating the disc to one of my 'opti-wipes' made no difference, which suggests a production fault.

ST Lab 6 Channels 5.1 PCI Sound Card
ST Lab 6 Channels 5.1 PCI Sound Card
Offered by ADAPTER WORLD

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorted!, 18 Jan. 2011
I upgraded to Windows 7 and found myself with the "no sound" problem. This generally occurs because the drivers for your sound card / motherboard's onboard sound aren't compatible with this latest version of Windows. You can go to the sound card / motherboard manufacturer's website and look for Windows 7 drivers, but sometimes - particularly with older hardware - there won't be anything available. There are sites which offer to update your drivers, for a price, but these should be avoided as they are scams. Nobody should be charging you money for drivers, and if the manufacturer doesn't have Win7 drivers for stuff, then these scam sites probably won't either, so you will have wasted your money.

This card is a perfect solution. It comes with a CD containing drivers for Win7 and some older versions of Windows. I installed it in a PCI slot, ran the setup from the CD and I got my sound back. Sorted.

As far as sound quality goes, it sounds fine through my Logitech 2.1 speaker set-up. I'm no audiophile, and I doubt if Bang & Olufsen etc. will be worried, but Spotify, YouTube, CD's etc. sound good enough to these ears using this card. If you find it a bit echoey, you will need to go to "effects" and ensure they are switched off (you click "more options" on the effects tab, which toggles between on / off). The software also comes with a built in equaliser with some preset configurations ("rock", "jazz", "classical" etc.) and also the option to personalise and save your own preferred settings.

This cost me 7.79 including postage, which is tremendous value. You'd be lucky to get three pints of beer in a pub for that these days. I ordered it on Wednesday evening and it was waiting for me when I got home from work on Friday.

So, all in all, a definite 5 stars from me!