Profile for G. zammit > Reviews

G. zammit

War Horse
War Horse

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply could not put it away!, 5 Feb. 2012
This review is from: War Horse (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this after of course seeing the adverts for the film, which I hasten to add I still have not yet managed to see!

I was not sure how I'd find reading from the horses point of view would quite work or be written, but I found it extremely well written and very touching.

Follow Joey from when he is a young horse brought and raised as a working farm horse and his strong bond to the farmer's son to when he is sold to the British Army and sent out to front lines in France where what he observes is just as harrowing as any man's ordeal. The relationships and bonds he build not only with his fellow creatures but of also men from both sides of the trenches and those caught somewhat in between the two.

I know this book is supposedly aimed for older children, but I had to admit to have thoroughly enjoying it!

The Young Wan
The Young Wan

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read for the Agnes Brown fan!, 9 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Young Wan (Kindle Edition)
I was so excited to read this book! It was the first book I downloaded for my Kindle and I loved it!

Journey along with Agnes as the story casts you back to how her parents fell in love and married. How Agnes started life at school, work and spent her Friday evenings at dances. All the time coupled with her best friend Marion.

I laughed out loud at times and was close to tears at others and without spoiling it there are some lovely twists.

I only hope that I can get the other books soon for my Kindle!