Profile for Mr Wiltshire > Reviews

Content by Mr Wiltshire

Mr Wiltshire "jediwilt" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
GUNSHIP
GUNSHIP

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot recommend this album enough, 20 April 2016
This review is from: GUNSHIP (Audio CD)
OMG this is the album of the year, since I put it on my Fiio 2 weeks ago I have not been able to take it off album repeat, total genius!
Cannot recommend this album enough!

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope [DVD]
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Hamill

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a re-issue with a reason - applies to all 6 episodes, 12 Jun. 2015
This is the 1997 special edition version dvd, and is nothing new
Fox have had to re-release this on dvd for the Sky streaming buy & keep service as there was no current in print version of the movies that are on sale to send customers as the "keep" dvd
The 5 stars is for the film, not the reason for the re-issue

This applies to all 6 movies that have been re-issued on dvd, it is not to scam customers, it is fulfill the "keep" part of the service only
They have to make the discs available from retailers as well legally
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2015 10:05 AM BST

The Sound Of Music [Blu-ray]
The Sound Of Music [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Julie Andrews

3.0 out of 5 stars A whole disc of extras missing from the 50th Anniversary edition - not so special! Get the 45th version, 12 Mar. 2015
I have just got my copy of the 50th Anniversary Edition on blu ray, and very sad to report that the second blu ray disc of extras that was in the 45th Anniversary set has been ditched in this release. So the only extras disc is the new Julie Andrews Returns To Salzburg documentary.
So what are you missing out on if you buy this edition?
Blu-ray Disc 2:
o Musical Stages: Creating The Sound of Music, an All-New Interactive “Backlot Tour” with In-Depth Featurettes on the Songs, the Stage Show & Movie, the Film and Sound Restoration and the Real-Life von Trapp Family
o A City of Song — Virtual Map of Filming Locations in Salzburg, Austria
o Vintage Rodgers & Hammerstein and The Sound of Music Programs
o Screen Tests, Rare Treasures, Interviews, Photo Galleries & More!

I am really glad I have held onto my old set, I only really wanted to see the new documentary. I do not understand why the USA gets a full 5 disc set including the movie, original bonus disc, Julies returns disc, dvd version and an exclusive CD soundtrack with exclusive tracks only to that CD in the set. Apparently it has recordings from live shows from around the world.
All we get is the original movie disc and the new documentary!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2015 2:25 PM BST

Clown [DVD]
Clown [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andy Powers

5.0 out of 5 stars I was at the UK premiere, and it's a great horror movie, 2 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Clown [DVD] (DVD)
I just saw this movie at the weekend at the UK premiere at Frightfest Glasgow.
Normally when a major hollywood horror director just has a name tagged to a movie you guess it's just there to help sell something ropey. Luckily in the case of Clown there is more to this than just a big name on the cover.
The story is about a kid who wants a clown at his birthday party, and when the clown cancels his appearance the kids dad finds a vintage clown costume and puts it on and makes his son's party a great event. The problem starts the next morning when he tries to take the costume off, and it doesnt want to be removed. Soon he learns the history of this suit and what happens to the person who dares to put it on.
A nice mix of comic touch and gore, the plot is strong, with some great acting and makeup for the clown monster.
This is a great movie, and was good enough to have had a theatrical release rather than staright to dvd & 500 copies of Blu Ray

AKG K430 MKII Comfortable On-Ear Headphones with Intergrated Volume Control - White
Offered by Picsio

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, uncomfortable on a big head!, 16 Jan. 2015
Got these for a great price on here, partly based on people saying they were comfortable and sounded good.
I totally agree on the sound, they are great and I havent even properly burned them in yet.
My issue is that they are mighty uncomfortable, I have quite a big head, and these just apply far too much pressure.
I have used Bose QC2's and other headphones with big bridges between the speakers and had no problem.
It's just a shame that they are so unforgiving and make my head hurt.

Hedwig And The Angry Inch [DVD]
Hedwig And The Angry Inch [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Cameron Mitchell
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost maybe the best Musical Movie of all time!, 13 Jan. 2015
Almost maybe the best Musical Movie of all time!
Just see it!

Jeremy Jones Trilogy Snowboard DVD and Blu-Ray (Included Deeper, Further, and Higher)

5.0 out of 5 stars The video quality is great on the blu-rays, 13 Jan. 2015
A truly stunning trilogy that is so much more than snowboarding.

We are truly taken on the journey as Jeremy pushes the boundaries of boarding and goes beyond the norm and shows us what big mountain boarding is all about. Unlike most extreme sports movies this trilogy is not just 90 mins of stunts with music. Each roughly 90 min movie is an epic journey as Jeremy and his crew hike, crawl and climb their way to places where no-one has boarded before.
There is no dropping off by helicopter here, these guys litterally climb their way to reach their goal.
These are about the journey much more than the reward of the ride down, which is stunning.
The video quality is great on the blu-rays, I didn't watch the dvd versions.
I am not a snowboarder at all, never even been skiing, but I love snow.
The cinematography is spectacular, and taking the journey with them is rewarding and emotional.

The Last Showing [Blu-ray] [2014]
The Last Showing [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Robert Englund
Offered by rsdvd

1.0 out of 5 stars The never should be showing more like!, 28 Aug. 2014
I saw this movie as part of Frightfest 2014, where I saw 26 movies and this was in the bottom 3. It was one of the most torturous stinking piles I have seen in a long time. Everything about it was bad, acting, script, filming! I love Robert Englund but when he does a terrible movie it is always a disaster. If I could give 0 stars I would. Spend money on this at your own peril! You have been warned that this is one of the worst movies of the year!

Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide DVD
Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide DVD
Dvd ~ Marc Morris
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars and a great collection of information for those who want to know ..., 25 July 2014
A superb documentary, and a great collection of information for those who want to know more about the so-called video nasties era and titles

Invasion of the Body Snatchers [Blu-ray SteelBook]
Invasion of the Body Snatchers [Blu-ray SteelBook]
Dvd ~ Donald Sutherland
Offered by UK_Media_Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful on bluray, 11 Nov. 2013
I got my Steelbook last Friday, I might have wet myself a little with excitement!
The steelbook artwork is beautiful, nice and subtle.
Arrow have gone above and beyond again, the picture quality is awesome for a film of it's age. The fine details are really clear, but the film retains it's almost soft mist appearance. Atmospheric and amazing.
The sound is superb, very clear. Will be checking out the bonus featureslater this week, so no comment regarding those.
This movie has never looked so good for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3