Profile for amerz > Reviews

Content by amerz

amerz (Bath, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3

1.0 out of 5 stars Caused huge explosion, 17 Aug. 2013
Do not buy this. After using for only 10 minutes, the wall plug literally exploded. It sounded like a gunshot and the wall plug burst into pieces. The power went out due to the fault. Miraculously, my device was ok, but these plugs are dangerous
Comment Comment | Permalink

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough, 20 Jun. 2013
I've had this tent for about 4 summers now. I've used it in all weather: rain, wind, sun, etc. I think it's a decent tent for the money. Obviously it's not top-of-the-line, but it has lasted me just fine. I really like the room divider; it's handy for when you want a bit of privacy. Each room has a different door, too, which is a nice feature. The vestibule is a bit useless; you can't really sit out there, but it's good for outdoor waterproof storage.

Leak-wise, the only flaw I have found in this tent is that one of the vents at the top of the tent occasionally leaks. It's a flaw with the awning and one that's easily rectified with a bit of tape. I intend to tape down the awning vents for Glastonbury. The sides and the floor of the tent don't leak, though, although I am going to invest in a tent carpet as the floor does get a little damp.

There isn't really space for 8 people unless you are VERY well acquainted, but I use this tent just for camping on my own as it has lots of space. You could probably fit 4, plus bags.

It's a moderately decent, cheap tent. You get what you pay for. It's been a good investment for me.

De'Longhi Compact Dehumidifier DEM10 - Grey
De'Longhi Compact Dehumidifier DEM10 - Grey

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 11 months, 14 Aug. 2012
This dehumidifier is incredibly noisy. I have to put a towel under it to muffle the sound of it rattling against the tiles. It's unbearably noisy, but it is effective at dehumidifying - or it was, until it stopped working recently. I looked at my manual and cleaned the filter according to the Troubleshoot guide. This didn't seem to have any effect. The dehumidifier will turn on and makes noises as if it were dehumidifying, but the tank won't fill up. Am pursuing a refund or replacement through the Delong'hi customer service website.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2013 8:50 PM GMT

Isotoner Smartouch Knot Detail Leather And Spandex Womens Gloves
Isotoner Smartouch Knot Detail Leather And Spandex Womens Gloves

4.0 out of 5 stars Long fingers, bit slippery but they work., 20 Dec. 2011
The main drawback with these gloves is that the back is genuine leather and the palm is spandex. Personally, I'd prefer if the leather were on the palm and the spandex on top - it would improve grip for driving, allow less moisture through when holding on to wet hand rails, etc. The fit is fairly standard, but I always find the fingers a bit too long. In any case, the gloves do work with my iPhone. They aren't as accurate as your actual fingers, obviously, but they do the job. A great gift idea!

Silver AMR314804S Ladies Cubic Zirconia Band Ring - Size R
Silver AMR314804S Ladies Cubic Zirconia Band Ring - Size R

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks more expensive than it is, 7 Mar. 2011
This ring is lovely. I have uploaded a photo of it as the one they have provided makes it look slightly golden which it is not. The only thing I would say at this point is that I foolishly expected solid silver behind the cubic zirconia rocks, when it is actually hollow back there. Fair enough, though, with this pricepoint! The sizing is slightly on the large side, but I just put it on a bigger finger! Enjoy.
Comment Comment | Permalink

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 21 Feb. 2011
I was a little skeptical about these wiper blades initially, because they cost so little. My significant other rolled his eyes when I showed him what I purchased, but after replacing my old ones with these, I was blown away by the difference in quality. Not only were they easy to replace on my 2004 Honda Civic, but they snapped into place so I felt confident that they would be sturdy enough. When these wear out, I will be buying another pair.

JVC HA-FX66-B - 'Air Cushion' In Ear Headphones - Black
JVC HA-FX66-B - 'Air Cushion' In Ear Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The first set to actually stay in my ears!!, 16 Feb. 2011
I love these earbuds. I have owned two pairs now due to wear and tear of my own doing... They are fantastic for the gym as the memory foam inserts block out noise and keep them snug in my ears no matter how hard I'm jogging. The sound quality is great and they are comfortable enough that I have knowingly fallen asleep with them in (especially if partner is snoring!).

Nike Lady Air Zoom Trainer Essential Gym Shoes, Size UKL5H
Nike Lady Air Zoom Trainer Essential Gym Shoes, Size UKL5H

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of gym trainers, 16 Feb. 2011
It's amazing how a pair of trainers can change your entire outlook on the gym and affect your self esteem in general. These shoes did the trick. My feet were able to breathe again! They fit like a glove, look classy and are very lightweight. I have owned them for over a year and still don't see any negatives.

LUPO Apple Iphone 3G/3GS Car Windscreen Suction Mount with Goosneck
LUPO Apple Iphone 3G/3GS Car Windscreen Suction Mount with Goosneck

3.0 out of 5 stars Shakes at various speeds, 16 Feb. 2011
Not that you should be using your mobile phone when driving, but for those of you with sat nav apps, this product is not for you. When going 60mph, this thing would start to shake, sometimes so hard that it would fall right off the windscreen. Slower speeds were fine. I've since progressed to an iPhone4 so I will be looking for a similar product that is more sturdy.

Derwent Big Book A4 Hard Back Sketch Book, Wire Bound Spine, 86 Sheets of Perforated Acid Free 110gsm Paper
Offered by Crafty Arts

5.0 out of 5 stars Will definitely be buying more, 16 Feb. 2011
This book has been fantastic. I work as a web designer and sketch out sites as well as take notes in this book. The ringed binding make it easy to flip open to a page - you never have to deal with a crease that you can't access. It's got hard covers so you don't need to have it on a flat surface to doodle. The paper is great quality also.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3