Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Heal The Hidden Cause: Using the 5 Step Mind Detox Method
Heal The Hidden Cause: Using the 5 Step Mind Detox Method
by Sandy C. Newbigging

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning. Works to clear old hurts - if you have the patience to use it properly, 13 Mar. 2015
Just excellent. I have tried other healing systems and whilst I admit I may not have applied them to their full extent this one made sense to me. Find the root cause, reframe it as something positive and apply that understanding to the old memory to update it. A few points. First, I found this system at the just the right time in my life when I had done a lot of work over the years on being self aware and letting old memories float to the surface. If you are impatient, this won't work for you. Ironically, learning to slow down actually makes you more in control but you may need to discover that for yourself.It made a friend of mine rich - read my book The Millionaire Silence.

Anyway, the point being that if you want a quick fix this is quick but you have to slow right down for it to work quickly! Secondly, the process of applying your new insights to why the old hurt happened (part four of the process ) the instructions given are fairly basic. The author may not be aware that a whole field of psychology based around applying a higher thought (more powerful) to a lower one has grown up with more comprehensive instructions on how to do this. It's called Neurosemantics and the process is known as Meta-Stating. There is a book of that name. That's really just an aside in case you want to go deeper. All in all a tremendous process and I cannot recomend it enough. I have just used this process to heal a painful issue around money that has held me back over 30 years. Stunning. I also realised that an ever present sense of fear was due to something I had completely forgotten has happened when I was quite young. I know there are a lot of systems on the market but try this one - it's relatively easy if you apply the patience and it works.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2015 11:51 AM GMT

Nerve: Poise Under Pressure, Serenity Under Stress, and the Brave New Science of Fear and Cool

5.0 out of 5 stars If you need the science to convince your mind this is the book. Helps to have some other practical knowledge, though, 15 Feb. 2015
I admit that I may have benefited from this more because I read The One Thing Holding you Back by Ralph Cushanar which is a much more practical application of the wonderful science descriptions in this book. The basic premise of that book (and this) is that you need to feel your fear, let it wash through you and essentially it will dissipate. This book set that process in a much more scientific context and with all the real life examples of people who 'felt the fear and did it anyway' - anyway being 'landed broken planes and fought robbers' amongst many others - really helped me understand that I did not have to get rid of my fear. I just needed to learn how to manage myself whilst feeling it. I have been applying this process with gusto and found that my confidence in ignoring my fear (whilst still feeling it) has been growing. I reccomend the two books together.

Rethinking Positive Thinking: Inside the New Science of Motivation
Rethinking Positive Thinking: Inside the New Science of Motivation
by Gabriele Oettingen

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't know about the theory but the practicals seem to work, 6 Feb. 2015
The WOOP process in this book is really rather simple and actually seems to work. I have only read the practical chapters and not the theory and I am already noticing changes in my behavior. Wow. I hope WOOP becomes as popular as the SMART or GROW models because it seems to work better than both of them!

replace anger: empty yourself of anger by being filled with mercy, truth, love, kindness, and a tender heart

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly thought provoking book and recommended but slightly suspicious of some of the translating, 6 Feb. 2015
I really liked this book and it's thoughts on whether I actually need to be angry have stayed with me longer than practically any other book on the subject. Does God say it's okay for us to be angry? This book leans towards NO and presents a lot of biblical evidence. When people say 'but Jesus got angry and we are to be like him' the author points out again and again that Jesus and God can handle their anger whereas we usually can't. The most intriguing part for me was the retranslation of 'be angry and sin not' which according to the author is better translated as BE ANGRY NOT and SIN NOT' - a double negative. I would really like to know if this is a true translation because I have never seen it anywhere and I have a lot of bibles. However, the book will get you thinking deeply and the scriptures it presents do seem to make a mostly clear case - you don't need anger and you can achieve the same goals by being inspired to make the world a better place rather than using rage to change it.

I Am NOT A Millionaire:: Mindset Shifts From Failure to Financial Freedom
I Am NOT A Millionaire:: Mindset Shifts From Failure to Financial Freedom

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best 'millionaire in progress' books I've read, 12 Jan. 2015
Oh wow! I don't normally make a plan to write a review but I finished reading this whilst on holiday in South America and decided I had to share my thoughts. This is the work of a man who is successful but knows why he isn't more successful. It reminds me of a friendlier and less technical version of What I learned loosing a million dollars. I will be re-reading it and feel I've learned not only some great lessons but how to write a 'work-in-progress book. Get it.

How to make BIG Money in Network Marketing: Wide 'N Deep - Getting Started (Multi Level Magic Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal in multi-level marketing, 31 Dec. 2014
First, disclosure: I know Ron and I think he's an amazing guy. He's an international businessman and wrote the bestseller Talk and Grow Rich which you should read. I saw this MLM book when it was in draft form and even then it had the most amazing information, the sort of stuff that people pay thousands and thousands of pounds to learn in masterclasses. Ron is the real deal. He's a UK head of one of the best MLM marketing companies in the UK (and I say best because the product really has value) and one of the most positive people I have met. Multi-level marketing has a lot of myths floating around and Ron busts all the major ones. I know what's coming in the next two books after this and, honestly, for the price you would be stupid not to buy it. I can't speak for others books but this one truly delivers. If you want to know how to do MLM right, buy it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2015 2:57 PM GMT

On Top of Everything: Manage Your Projects & Life With Ease
On Top of Everything: Manage Your Projects & Life With Ease

4.0 out of 5 stars Think my search is over..., 30 Dec. 2014
I really think this is going to be the system for me in 2015. Project management just using word tables. Genius

Satechi SD Mini Portable Pocket Speaker Mp3 Player SD Card Reader for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4, iPod Touch 4G, SanDisk Sansa Clip Plus, BlackBerry, HTC EVO, DROID, Samsung Wave, Galaxy S2, S3, S4

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a present so the most I can say ..., 30 Dec. 2014
This is a present so the most I can say is that it arrived quickly. Looks really snazzy though - might get one for myself.

Hercules [DVD]
Hercules [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dwayne Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story but too brutal for a 12 rating, 23 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Hercules [DVD] (DVD)
Okay, I wasn't expecting much from this and in some regards the film is much better than I expected. It has as real story and a back story and although modern film-makers (Aronofsky, Scott just to name two) are determined to explain away the supernatural the maker of this film actually does a reasonable job of suggesting how people become supernatural legends when the actual deeds they do are not as great as supposed. Johnson is convincing and his ensemble are a reasonable bunch of characters in their own right unlike Robin Hood where the supporting characters were just like sidekicks. So all that is the positives.

Now the negatives: when I was growing up the film Gremlins received a 15 certificate and there was a lot of controversy about the scene where the mum trapped a Gremlin in a blender and switched it on. Oh, and microwaved another one. Now, Gremlins is considered pretty tame these days and might even get a PG rating.

Why do I mention this? Because what you get is backwards creep where stuff that would normally go in higher certificate films works its way down into films of lower ratings. So in Hercules you have full nudity (from behind) and use of the F word and the B word a couple of times. It's really not necessary and it feels like they just threw it in for the sake of it. Plus the film is EXTREMELY violent. Most of it is suggested violence (the sword stabs down and the camera cuts away) but a lot of it is strong enough for me to wonder how this got past the censors as a 12?

I am not a prude but I do believe that some of the stuff in 12's these days is simply not suitable for 12 year olds. Pitch Perfect is another example where the amount of sexual references would make you think that all twelve year olds were having sex as a matter of course. Maybe they are although I really hope not!

So, in conclusion, a good story but rather a brutal experience for a 12 certificate. Be warned.

Secrets Of The Millionaire Inside
Secrets Of The Millionaire Inside

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a conversation with a millionaire who knows what you NEED to hear. Amazing., 21 Dec. 2014
I confess: as a dedicated new book buyer it's very, very rare that I read anything twice. I am on my second reading of this amazing book and can easily see myself reading this three or even seven times. I have lots and lots of books on being a millionaire but most deal with practicals - all extremely useful AFTER you've changed your mindset and THIS is what this book is about. Again, there are many books studying the mindset of millionaire but Paul makes his seven step formula seem so...achievable. The first couple of chapters (millionaires spend money to save time for themselves and money is just an idea are revolutionary and whilst the second idea was not new to me - the way Paul puts it across is. I really found myself hungering for more as I reached the end of the book and hence I am re-reading it. I wish I could say the same about his first book The Miracle Inside which so far I have found to be far far inferior to this: it's basically new age baloney. Not so here. This book for me may be the key to switching on my millionaire level belief. Thanks Paul.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10