Profile for Lesley Whyte > Reviews

Dvd ~ Ralph Fiennes
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 4.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric and Engrossing, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Onegin [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
I enjoyed all the performances in this film, which I thought was true to the spirit of the original work.

Gold Leaf Tough Touch Gloves - Ladies
Gold Leaf Tough Touch Gloves - Ladies
Offered by Gold Leaf Gardening Gloves
Price: 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Gardening Gloves I have Ever Used, 17 May 2013
I already have a pair of these gloves, and I bought another pair for my daughter-in-law. They are very comfortable and durable. Although there is slight colour transfer to the hands in early wearings, this soon stops. They are expensive, but excellent value for money compared to cheaper gloves which wear out quickly.

Logitech MK260 Wireless Desktop USB Keyboard Mouse Combo
Logitech MK260 Wireless Desktop USB Keyboard Mouse Combo
Offered by AP Motor Store
Price: 50.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Would Have Paid More, 24 April 2013
The low price point made me apprehensive about this purchase, but I think the keyboard and mouse are excellent, and superior to those which come as standard with a desktop computer. I recommend this product without hesitation.

The Hare with Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
The Hare with Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
by Edmund de Waal

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous insight into European history through the story of one family, 13 July 2010
I have been recommending this book to all my friends since I read it. It provides a fascinating insight into fin de siecle Paris and early 20th century Vienna while exploring the lives of members of the Ephrussi family. The plight of the Jews and their treatment at the hands of the Nazis suddenly becomes personal, because you feel you know these people. You also get an insight into the factors that lead to their persecution.

It's mesmerising to learn of the provenance of some of the world's most famous art works, while the constant presence of the collection of netsuke is a leitmotif that binds everything together. This books crosses generations and continents. It is an easy read, but also a work of profound content. The author has managed to balance the emotions aroused learning about his forebearers with a detachment that analyses the factors that lead to their downfall. I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in art, 19th and 20th century history or just enjoys family sagas.