Profile for NELLY > Reviews

Sony Xperia SP SIM-free Android Smartphone - Black
Sony Xperia SP SIM-free Android Smartphone - Black
Offered by Ballicom International

1.0 out of 5 stars By far the worst, 13 Feb 2014
Worst phone I have ever owned, keeps freezing, battery life crap, Bluetooth doesn't stay connected to car, apps don't respond and need closing, calls don't always connect get a loud beep, when you are on a call the screen locks so you cannot do anything with the call, the video recorder is useless as sound is distorted!!
Hate it, looking for another phone and only had this 6 months.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2014 10:31 AM BST

Man of Steel [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Man of Steel [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Henry Cavill
Offered by FLASH

1.0 out of 5 stars Pants, 18 Nov 2013
One of the worst movies I've seen, actually never finished watching it walked out as couldn't take anymore. Terrible. So many plot holes and bad acting.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2013 11:45 AM GMT

Prometheus [DVD] [2012]
Prometheus [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTEY WORST FILM OF THE YEAR, 21 July 2012
This review is from: Prometheus [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Terrible film, do not touch Blade Runner Ripley please leave it alone. This is a terrible film, acting dire, awful story and acting and what the hell is old Biff from Back to The Future doing in this film? Why use Guy Pierce to play an old guy? I love Alien and Aliens, was so looking forward to seeing this and was gutted that Scott has wasted a great oppurtunity to reboot the franchise. "Oh but it wasn't supposed to be an Alien film, its in its own right". Well to all you morons if that was the case, why on adverts was the first thing that came up on screen "From the creator of Alien"? Also why was the word Prometheus presented to us in the same way as Alien? It was supposed to be an Alien spinoff. Hated it, and I hate you Ripley for doing it. Now, open the drawer, take out the new Blade Runner story take a match to it and forget all about it. Special effects were good though. Yeah. Thats all we look for nowadays in a film.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2012 1:24 PM BST

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy [DVD] [2011]
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Tom Hardy

4.0 out of 5 stars FAB FILM, GREAT BOOK!!!!!!, 19 Feb 2012
Read the book first, which I was pleased I did as thought the book was fantastic but if you thought the film was confusing try reading this. Thought the film followed very closely apart from a few omissions but still found it very enjoyable. Not an action packed movie but then it is quite refreshing to watch a movie without 3D, special effects, over the top american acting or shaky cam drivel. Marvellous.

TeckNet NEW Model 3 Ways Car Cigarette Lighter Charger Adapter With One USB Jack, Charge your iPod and iPhone - 2011 Edition
Offered by TECKNET

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gadget, 1 Feb 2012
Been using mine for over a year now with no problems. Still working, used all the time as I have my digital radio plugged into it. Recommend for the price!!

Birdsong (Vintage War)
Birdsong (Vintage War)
by Sebastian Faulks

5.0 out of 5 stars Still my number 1 book, 22 Jan 2012
This review is from: Birdsong (Vintage War) (Paperback)
Just about to sit down and watch the BBC dramatisation of this, still not sure how its going to fare on television as never thought it could be made into a film. Utterly amazing, everyone I have told to read this have felt the same. I urge people to read this, I'm not going to ramble on about what happens, I will only say that it leaves you haunted, mesmerised and grateful to the soldiers of the first world war. Especially the tunnellers. To the people that gave it one star shame on you. Perhaps the biographies of Katie Price or Cheryl Cole are more fitting.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2012 9:28 PM BST

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
by John Le Carré

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I have read, 19 Oct 2011
I understand the argument that it is complicated, I get that it is difficult to get into. I have read recently a couple of books recommended to me which I found absolute rubbish but are best sellers. Linwood Barclay being one of them, No Time For Goodbye was a book of two halves. Compelling in the beginning but felt cheated at the end as it descended into damn right ridiculous. So I have been put off reading anymore of his work. This, however was something like I've never read before. I had to think about what he was writing. I had to evisage the characters, where the story was going, what the spy terms were he kept going on about. I had to re-read certain paragraphs, especially about the russian wife and Karla with his radio. I enjoyed doing all this, I felt my brain saying hang on a minute, I have to actually do something here. I absolutely loved this, and all I can say to the people who try and give up is try again. Turn the telly off. Sit in a quiet room with a beer or glass of wine. Honest, this is what I have been missing for ages. A non Dan Brown/Finlay Barclay ridiculous over the top plot, but a real life spy thriller, utterly believable, fantastic context and will be reading more John Le Carre soon. I just hope I haven't read the best one first.....

No Time For Goodbye
No Time For Goodbye
by Linwood Barclay

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 Sep 2011
This review is from: No Time For Goodbye (Paperback)
I have so many issues with this book. I loved the first half. As some other people on here have said, it is a book of two halves. Starts off brilliantly, grips you and pulls you in. Then it falls apart. Totally ridiculous to the extreme. I have been told by a few people to read this, absolutely brilliant blah blah blah but it isn't. 2 stars are for the first half of the book. I was going to read his other books but not so sure now. Dan Brown gets a lot of bad press with his books, I have read them all but they are nowhere near as ridiculous as this. Such an exciting start but fizzles into mediocrity.

When You're Strange - A Film About The Doors [DVD]
When You're Strange - A Film About The Doors [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jim Morrison

2.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTED, 3 Sep 2011
I am a Doors fan, I have read books on Jim Morrison and because I have done my research this dvd was so disappointing for me. I had such high expectations but couldn't believe how short it was and how biased it was. Until I saw the end credits and the Courson family are credited so don't expect any dialogue concerning Pams Heroin addiction, the financial drain she was on him with her boutique in LA, the Count De Breteuil who was the "drug dealer to the stars" supplying Keith Richards and others who had died, (allegedly supplying the heroin that killed Jim accidently as he took Pams line instead of his coke). She had an affair with this guy when Jim was sleeping with other women too, abortions were had by girls who slept with Jim.
No mention of the OD in the Rock and Roll Circus on the toilet. No mention to why when he died did she ring the Count who came over and broke into the toilet to get him out. No mention of why they didn't tell the police who he was and why they buried him first then released the story after. Jim was put on dry ice in the apartment for a couple of days as they couldn't bury him without his documents from America and it was 4th July holidays over there. Everthing was closed.

It was good to see the Feast of Friends footage and Jims film HWY. But if you want to know about Jim and the Doors then read a book. Don't watch this. Just remembered something else. Jim apparently rang John Densmore from Paris to say he was coming back. Jim hated JD why would he ring him? This has been disputed many times but we only have the accounts of those who are alive now and don't want their association with Jim to be tainted. This film could've been so great.

Jim Morrison: Life, Death, Legend
Jim Morrison: Life, Death, Legend
by Stephen Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read!!, 29 Aug 2011
I really enjoyed this book, there seems to be a lot of criticsm directed at this guy but I thought the book was well researched and well written. As to some reviews on here moaning about his gay tendancies I thought it was common knowledge that he sometimes swung both ways as he was such a magnet to all. As to its validity as a definative biography, who knows? As far as I could make out everything seemed accurate up to that fateful night in July. No one can ever know whether he overdosed in the bath or not as no autopsy was ever done. One of life's mysteries, but still a very good read.

Page: 1 | 2