Profile for Greg T Williams > Reviews

Greg T Williams

Page: 1 | 2
D-STRUCT Men's Ho-Ho-Ho Christmas Jumper
D-STRUCT Men's Ho-Ho-Ho Christmas Jumper

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice jumper, but get a size up from what you are, 28 Nov 2013
Nice jumper and very warm. Was looking forward to using it at the works Christmas party, but sadly its not a great fit. It's a V shape type jumper where thee top is bigger than the bottom being a large in every other jumper I buy I got a large on this. Kinda wished I got an XL. But then the top half would have been way to big.

Other than that. Its a good jumper.

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter
Offered by Kikatek

2.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but no 5ghz with netgear, 19 Aug 2013
I brought this locally for much more than listed here on Amazon as I needed it that day. I took it to a friends house when building my new machine, it connected to his 5ghz band with no problems but once I got home with my Netgear DGND3300v2... It will NOT connect to it at all, on the flip side to the it connects to the 2.4ghz band with no problems. If returning things locally wasnt such a pain Id have done so.

Their 24 hour support is pointless. Non-english speaking people reading of a script.

Wouldn't recommend this to anyone

Microsoft SQL Server 2012 T-SQL Fundamentals
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 T-SQL Fundamentals
by Itzik Ben-Gan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 14 Mar 2013
I used this book with other to pass my 70-461 exam. Worth the money and it now sits on my desk in case I need to brush up on my T-SQL. Would recommend to anyone.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2013 12:27 PM BST

SimCity - Limited Edition (PC DVD) Sim City 5 2013 English Game
SimCity - Limited Edition (PC DVD) Sim City 5 2013 English Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Really fun simulation game, 14 Mar 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is so much fun its unreal. You will start playing in the morning and before you know it, its 8pm. Once you start building your city and seeing it change you will not want to stop playing. I got it launch day from a local store and had the usual server issues that everyone is complaining about but now there is no problem what so ever.

Minor annoying things like your Sims not visiting your education system from another city while playing single player and Sims not using higher graded roads don't ruin the game but just become annoying when you want to build city for education for your region.

The lack of a paper manual had me sourcing the internet for tips and how-to guides, though there is a button in the menu options to load a web based one. There are also little "i" buttons dotted around that give you brief hints but I do like having a paper manual to read, this could be put down as a personal preference.

The biggest gripe with this game would have to be the VERY small area you get to actually build your city, you'll be asked for more residential areas but have nowhere to put it because of power stations, water pumps, sewage etc. I hope in an update or DLC they make it bigger. They kind of went around this by having your region use multiple small cities. You can have one that focuses on power while the other gives water etc.

Don't listen to all these people giving lower stars because of launch day problems. While I understand the pain of buying a game you can't play on launch I don't think its worth rating a game down, when that issue can be fix via the adding of more server that has now been done.

ghd V Scarlet Collection Deluxe Limited Edition Styler Gift Set
ghd V Scarlet Collection Deluxe Limited Edition Styler Gift Set
Offered by City of Hair

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice to look at, but nothing else, 1 Jan 2013
I bought these as a gift for my mother for Christmas. She loved the packaging and the hairdryer that she could use for traveling, other than that she says they are crap. They don't get hot enough to straighten hair and also pull on the hair.

I have requested a refund and will get another set of GHDs for her.

Little Mix: Ready to Fly (100% OFFICIAL)
Little Mix: Ready to Fly (100% OFFICIAL)
by Little Mix

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 31 Aug 2012
This "autobiography" isn't very good. Can sum it up:

1. Was born
2. Went to school
3. Got on a TV Show
4. If this doesn't sell Simon will sack us and we fear we'll be working in the pound shop the rest of our lives
5. Padded with pictures to make up pages other wise it will only be 4 pages long

MSI GE620DX-691UK 15.6 inch LED Gaming Laptop (Intel i7 2670QM, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM, DDR3, GeForce 2Gb DDR3 GTX 635M Graphics Card, Windows 7 Home Premium)

4.0 out of 5 stars MSI GE620DX Review, 27 Mar 2012
I brought this laptop to replace a desktop PC as I wanted to game on the move so to speak. Before finding this one I was looking at other MSI machines but they all looked over the top geeky with the flashing LED's and what not.

This laptop has a very professional and slim design, its black with a brushed metal effect made out of plastic with the MSI logo dead centre of the lid. Underneath the device you have easy access to the motherboard for upgrades such as RAM and HDD as well as hard plastic feet to raise the machine a nice distance from the table to allow airflow.

On the left hand side on the machine you have (starting from the top) your power slot which you plug an L shaped adapter into, then right next to it there is a vent that pubs out the hot air. This is where I find my first complaint with the laptop, this vent pumps out some serious heat. I placed my wireless PlayStation headset a good mouse distance away from the vent its self while playing Battlefield 3 and it started to warp the thin metal on the top of the headset. Now you can kind of see that having an L shaped power cord on the same side of the vent you get one hot cable if you plug it in facing downwards!

Continuing on down the left side of the machine you will come to a HDMI port then 2 USB 3.0 ports, a microphone jack and a Headphone jack. All of which do what they need to but the spacing on the USB could have been slightly wider.

On the front of the laptop you have a SD card reader and LED lights to show you things like WIFI on/off, HDD activity and power among others.

On the right hand side of the machine you have your Kensington lock, another USB (2.0) and the CD/DVD drive (or Blu-ray). Here is my second niggle with this machine, to eject the disk tray you need to press a button ABOVE the keyboard which needs a MSI built program to run in the background. So there is NO PHYSICAL button on the tray itself, as I am not a fan of bloat ware I removed this and have to right click the drive in my computer to eject. That's it really for the sides of the laptop time for the best part.

The laptop boasts a full sized keyboard complete with number pad. Which is nice to have on a 15" machine the only downside to the keyboard is the layout of 1 button... The Enter button, it's one of the small sized American layout ones that you could confuse for a shift key. On the plus side of that though MSI have conveniently placed red markings on the keys you would use for gaming such as the arrows, W, A, S and D etc.

Above this full sized keyboard you will find a set of "hotkeys" where the eject button is for the drive bay, the power button and other useless ones I won't use for media purposes and haven't explored. So I can't give you an opinion.

Below the keyboard is the touch pad. The pad itself is nice it has raised bits on the mouse so you know you're touching it but can be sensitive so when playing games with an external mouse you can turn the pad off by pressing the button just above it to disable.

The monitor is one the main reasons I brought this laptop over others; it has full 1080p HD display and anti-glare, it just looks amazing and you can see the difference when you look at other laptops in this price range that don't have full HD and comes in a nice 15".

The Specifications

* 15.6" FHD,Glare (1920*1080)
* nVidia Geforce GTX 635M 2GB DDR3,HRV
* HRV i7-2670QM
* 8GB Memory
* 750GB (SATA) 7200rpm HDD
* Super Multi Optical Drive
* Win7 Home Premium
* 6 cell Battery

There are some things you will need to do before getting this laptop up and running nicely (well in my opinion) such as removing all the bloat ware it comes with, fiddling with some power settings to get it how you want it. Oh and one more thing for some reason though it comes with a HD screen MSI took it upon themselves to make the font size medium in the windows settings. I put mine to small so it looks nice and tidy that's more personal preference but worth the mention.

This beast of a laptop has run everything I have thrown at it Football Manager, Battlefield 3, Star Wars Online, World of Warcraft and plays them all on Ultra and high settings.

So all in all this laptop is great for everything and would recommend this to people who like gaming and don't want all the flashy lights and really FAT machines, the media lover who likes to view HD movies in the FULL 1080 and the document jockey who loves to write and browse the net.

9/10

EDIT: This laptop requires you to have the power in when playing games, this doesn't bother me but might for some.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2012 9:29 AM BST

Happy Pet Migrator Mallard Plush Toy For Dogs
Happy Pet Migrator Mallard Plush Toy For Dogs

3.0 out of 5 stars Great toy but breaks easy, 21 Dec 2011
My 1 year old springer loves this toy, when I say loves I mean he takes it everywhere with him but sadly after a few days he already destroyed the thing inside that makes it quack which is a giant shame.

Still hasn't stopped him taking it with him through but just be warned.

The Official DSA Theory Test for Motorcyclists CD-ROM (2011 edition)
The Official DSA Theory Test for Motorcyclists CD-ROM (2011 edition)
Offered by AMSLTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit., 21 Dec 2011
Been driving for over 5 years now and thought I would get me a bike as being in traffic jams sucked! Though I knew most of it this CD was very useful in helping me pass the test. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to take the test.

SwitchEasy Canvas Folio Case and Stand for iPad 2 - Black
SwitchEasy Canvas Folio Case and Stand for iPad 2 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing case, 21 Dec 2011
This case is fantastic! Makes the iPad look 1000x better. Not had a single problem with this, I can see that only getting one screen protector could be an issue for some people but other than that this is THE only case for an iPad.

Page: 1 | 2