Profile for Jon B > Reviews

Content by Jon B

Jon B "Jon" (Manchester, U.K)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
GPS Car Tracker with GPRS and Vehicle Theft Protection System (Model:TK103A)
GPS Car Tracker with GPRS and Vehicle Theft Protection System (Model:TK103A)
Offered by douself
Price: 24.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 4 July 2014
I'm giving this 2 stars because it didn't really live up to expectations for me. It's a great idea but after putting in my SIM card and setting up the admin rights to my phone number, it pretty much stopped working.

It replied once every ten calls with a text with it's gps location. But after clicking the link to the text it took me to a google map site with a location in china or japan (I can't remember which now)

I sent it a text to give me a status update and it replied eventual to say there was no gps or GPRS signal available.

Maybe mine was faulty and I got unlucky because lots of people said good things about this

Secondly - it's quite a large item (with all the wiring) and the GPRS cable needs to be able to pretty much be on display in your car to get a signal which kind of defeats the whole purpose of hiding a tracker in your vehicle

It would cost more than the item is worth to send it back

In the end I have have a proper tracker fitted by Tracker which I should have done in the first place as this one is affiliated with the police who not only use it's gps signal but also radio frequencies so they can locate your car

In my opinion you'd be better going for the real deal

Piranha Large Black Computer Desk with 2 Drawers and 4 Shelves for the Home Office PC 5g
Offered by Piranha Trading Limited * NO DELIVERY TO: Channel Islands Isle of Man Scilly Isles Scottish Highlands & Islands Northen Ireland *
Price: 79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking PC desk, 21 May 2014
Took about 2 hours to set up, I've got average DIY skills

Looks great, quality is great, loads of little compartments and shelves to store bits and bobs and papers on

I searched for about 4 months before deciding to get this desk

arrived within a few days, like the fact it's got matching accessories and cupboards etc

Corsair CH-9000019-UK Vengeance K70 Performance FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing keyboard, 21 May 2014
I bought this after having used it for 5 minutes at my parents house. they had bought it for use at work and typing, and within a few key strokes I could see why.

this feels like a modern type writer, I've used loads of keyboards and laptops over the years, and no keyboard compares to the feel of these mechanical keys

I'm not a huge gamer, so things like programmable keys etc. probably aren't going to benefit me, but the things I love are:

- Looks great, brushed silver and black
- Back lit keys - great for typing when it gets a bit dark
- If you can touch type - this is a dream keyboard - you can batter through emails and long winded documents in absolutely no time
- The wrist rest is really comfortable, and actually fits, rather than make you feel like you have a pillow under your wrists
- has volume control on the keyboard, saves having to lean over to your speakers or monitor to turn the volume down / up

The main thing for me is how nice this is to type with, If I wasn't using a laptop at work, I would order one of these straight away, just because of how nice it is to type

Sony Ultra Portable Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with 360-Degree Circle Sound Technology and Built-In Speakerphone - Black
Offered by Five Star
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good little speaker, 21 May 2014
Smaller than I thought, but with powerful sound and really good Bluetooth reception, easy to connect to phone / ipad.

Also has the option to connect to a phone call and put the person on loud speaker, only used it once and it worked well

Comes with a little bag to carry it in and keep it safe

It comes with a usb cable to connect to your PC.

Something to consider - it does not come with a plug, so you may need to get a separate plug with a USB port on it, should you want to plug and charge this in through the mains.

Also, the USB wire is not very long (less than 1m) so when plugged in, it needs to be placed close to your PC or close to the mains.

Can't comment on battery life as I've only just started using it, but so far very impressed. It looks very good quality (I got the black one) and it has a bit of weight to it, so feels like good quality too)

Apple IPAD MINI Retina WI-FI 32GB 32 GB 1024 MB 7.9 -inch LCD Space Gray ME277B/A
Offered by SkynetShopping
Price: 329.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 May 2014
I've got an IPAD 1 and an Iphone 4s, so this isn't a new gadget as such, but I've not been able to put it down since buying it. The retina screen is amazing, it's so much lighter than my cumbersome Ipad 1 and I take it with me everywhere.

Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives you half an hour extra in bed, 21 May 2014
Tired of your little one getting out of bed too early and waking you up? This little gadget will help train your toddler know when it's acceptable to wake up in the morning. Just decide when you want it to be 'morning time' (we set ours for 7am) and after a few night sleeps, your toddler should be aware of when they can get out of bed and come and see you for a morning cuddle.

Nikon ML-L3 Remote Control
Nikon ML-L3 Remote Control
Offered by Marks Best
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars works :), 21 May 2014
I have a Nikon D3200 Digital SLR . I wasn't 100% sure whether this would work with my model of camera, but it does the job just fine

Works straight out of the box, no messing around, no technical ability required

Fits nicely in to the camera bag

good price

Creative I Trigue 2300 Speakers
Creative I Trigue 2300 Speakers

4.0 out of 5 stars Look nice, easy to setup, 21 May 2014
They look great next to my monitor, dead easy to set up.

Sound is decent, but it would have been nice to have had a bass boost button, as when listening to music, I find that the bass is missing. I'm not talking about needing bass to shake the house down, but just a little more is needed.

I think these can also be purchased with a bass box, which I decided not to get originally because there were too many wires going everywhere.

In hindsight, it might have been wiser to buy the speakers with the bass box as well.

either way, decent looking speakers and do the job OK for me. I don't watch films on it, so can't comment on the sound from that perspective

Body Sculpture Push Up Bar
Body Sculpture Push Up Bar
Price: 10.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 21 May 2014
Really light, comfortable and sturdy

Not sure what more you'd need from a set of push up bars.

Took them on holiday and they barely weigh anything, so great for travelling or putting in your sports bag

Even my 2.5 year old daughter picked them up and asked why they don't weigh anything.

Seems like a stamp of approval from her too :)

Sony MDRZX300B.AE Outdoor Headband Headphones - Black
Sony MDRZX300B.AE Outdoor Headband Headphones - Black
Offered by M.T.
Price: 18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent ear phones for a good price, 21 May 2014
I'm not an expert on ear phones, but I was tired of the poor quality iphone ear plugs that you get with your phone. I ordered these as they seemed like good value, a decent brand, they looked good, and I was hoping when they arrived that they didn't look massive on my head.

Fortunately, they aren't huge and the sound quality is pretty good.

Can't comment on base and treble etc - just happy that they don't sound tinny, and do a reasonable job of blocking out some external sound (N.B I wouldn't say these block all external sound)

Good purchase from my point of view

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4