Profile for Annie > Reviews

Content by Annie

Annie (Isle of Skye, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Montre Watch With Swarovski Elements RRP 139.99 (black)
Montre Watch With Swarovski Elements RRP 139.99 (black)
Offered by SourceMediaUK
Price: 29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars WaterPROOF or water RESISTANT?, 29 Oct 2013
I bought this watch from another site for 15 (a considerable difference to the claimed RRP!) and it was sent from Poland. As here, it was advertised as waterproof up to 30m which is why I ordered it. However, in the separate listing for the black watch on here and for all colours on some other sites, it is described as water resistant but not suitable for showering, swimming etc.
Since getting the watch in August, I have done a range of outdoor activities submerged in both fresh and sea water believing it to be waterPROOF and it's still working but information about the model is inconsistent, depending where you look so may be by luck rather than by design.
I can't imagine how it was ever on sale for 139.99 as it's fairly cheap in substance and appearance. The metal pin on the buckle on the strap came off the first time I wore it but didn't break so I just refitted it but it could easily happen again and the watch would be lost.
The watch is also much larger than it appears in the pictures which makes it look very masculine on my female wrist.
It's ok for the money I paid for it but wouldn't say it was worth much more unless it IS actually completely waterproof.

Marc Shoes Women's 1.442.19.04 Black Knee High Boots 9091100 4 UK
Marc Shoes Women's 1.442.19.04 Black Knee High Boots 9091100 4 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic and stylish, 5 Oct 2013
I's been looking for long boots at a reasonable price for over a year. Got these at sale price but they'd have been good value even at full price. Gorgeous soft, smooth, quality leather with a silky, fleecy lining. Super-comfy, very smart and the studs on the heel give them a slight "rock-chick" look in a classy way. They come right up to just below my knee (I am 5ft 2in). One thing to note.... they are about half a size larger than standard. I am size 5 (38) and these are more like 5.5 but I just wear socks inside. Calf width is also slightly larger than stated but they are not baggy on my slim legs - just a small gap at the top. I rarely wear heels but these boots are as comfortable as flatties. Highly recommended. Superb quality. Into my second season with them now and they still look like new. Won't go out of fashion and excellent quality so should last for years.

Knitted Wild Animals
Knitted Wild Animals
by Sarah Keen
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soft toys, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Knitted Wild Animals (Paperback)
Fairly simple patterns without too many small, fiddly sections on most designs. Best thing about the patterns is that you can knit all of them with ANY double-knitting wool so you can use cheap yarn or left-over bits that you have spare. I wish all knitting books were like this - saves a fortune in fancy yarns.

Knit Your Own Scotland
Knit Your Own Scotland
by Jackie Holt
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit fiddly, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Knit Your Own Scotland (Paperback)
Finally got round to buying this pattern book which I'd fancied for a while. The designs are fantastic and current but you need to be an experienced knitter and there are lots of tiny, fiddly bits which make construction time-consuming. Some of the recommended yarns are very expensive but may be possible to substitute. A few of the patterns don't offer complete finishing touches. For example, the Highland cow (which has great horns in the picture, obviously made from deer antlers) just suggests finding suitable material for horns. Would be better if the pattern included knitted horns so will have to make that up myself as antlers not easy to come by even on a Hebridean island! Not suitable as toys as several designs require wire or pipe-cleaners for stability and have other small parts. Good if you want to make a display for a craft stall or sale of work but will need a lot of time and patience.

Animal Hats
Animal Hats
by Vanessa Mooncie
Price: 5.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Everyone will want one!, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Animal Hats (Paperback)
The patterns for these fab hats are great. If you are a reasonably experienced knitter, they will pose no problem. Only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is that the recommended yarn is expensive. If you can find alternative, cheaper versions, you could reduce the cost of around 10+ per unlined hat but the chunky wool knits up quickly without too many fiddly, small pieces in most of the designs. Will be knitting them with young people to sell on a fund-raising stall and expect them to be really popular come winter.

Vintage Erotica VICTORIAN LADIES PERSONAL MASSAGER TO EASE HYSTERIA * 250gsm Art Card Gloss Reproduction Poster
Offered by World of Art ...
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of fun, 2 July 2013
Came across this poster when looking at books and ordered it for a bit of saucy fun to brighten my bedroom. The quality of printing isn't brilliant but, if it was an authentic old print (which it looks like), it wouldn't have been anyway The paper quality is good for a poster. It looks good in a black frame and although postage is not free, it was delivered in a strong, cardboard tube so arrived in perfect condition and you can order as many as you want for one postal charge.

Small space dehumidifier bags (3 pack)
Small space dehumidifier bags (3 pack)
Offered by BargainShop_London
Price: 1.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed for the car, 2 July 2013
My labrador's love of swimming means my car is subjected to wet dog and wet towels on a daily basis causing dampness, condensation and misted-up windows, especially in wet or cold weather. These little bags work like magic! I first ordered in Jan '13 and each bag has been effective for 6-8 weeks in my VW Polo. I place it on a shelf on the dash. The crystals in the bag absorb moisture and I can now drive off in the morning rather than have to demist for 10 minutes first! When the crystals turn to gel, just throw the bag away. Simples :-) Great value and highly effective.

Panache Andorra Plunge Women's Bra Lagoon 38G
Panache Andorra Plunge Women's Bra Lagoon 38G

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bra, 19 Jan 2013
I am a 38G and the bra is a little tight but I'm hoping it will slacken a bit with wear (or I loose a couple of Christmas pounds!) as this is the largest size available. The cup size is perfect and the style is very flattering and sexy although not very supportive for my size. However, I bought it to wear with low-cut tops and as long as I don't do any Scottish dancing, it will do the job nicely, considering I usually find it extremely difficult to find bras that fit well in the cup. The colour is slightly darker than the picture suggests - a gorgeous petrol blue. I got the matching shorts too which are lovely .

Karlie Art Sportiv Plus Reflecting Collars, 45-65 cm x 25 mm, Yellow
Karlie Art Sportiv Plus Reflecting Collars, 45-65 cm x 25 mm, Yellow
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value at reduced price, 6 Nov 2012
Snap up this reflective collar and the matching lead quickly whilst on special offer! I only paid 6.53 instead of the RRP of 19.98 for the two with free delivery. What a bargain!
At full price, I would consider them reasonable value as the quality is excellent, they are well made and strong, the colour is super-bright and the reflective thread which is woven through catches the light. I certainly didn't expect much at the cheap price and only bought them for late walks in the dark evenings but these are totally suitable for all day, every day use.
The collar is easily adjustable and generously sized - I got the large for my dog's 55cm neck and there is plenty extension to spare.
The lead has a good, strong clasp but is lightweight and easy to stick in your pocket. Love these products and they look great on my choccy lab :-)

Size 6 Divaz Womens Wigwan Purple Slipper Boot Style Slippers
Size 6 Divaz Womens Wigwan Purple Slipper Boot Style Slippers

5.0 out of 5 stars Look as good outdoors as in, 3 Nov 2012
I bought these for a wheel-chair-bound friend who has circulation problems and always has cold feet because I thought she could wear them out and about. They look just as good as all the similar design boots which are fashionable just now but these are softer so easier for her to get on and off and she says they are lovely and warm. She loves the colour too. A great buy.

Page: 1 | 2