Profile for Mountain Biker > Reviews

Mountain Biker

York Fitness 13-in-1 Workout Bench
York Fitness 13-in-1 Workout Bench

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd seen this review before I bought, 8 Mar. 2013
I've copied below the most accurate review I could see of this bench. Talk about 'Ministry of Cr*p Design'. Utterly useless for training as the change of position process is ridiculus. Cannot of been engineered by someone who has ever worked out - AVOID if you don't want to end up with an over engineered clothes horse.

Review below copied from another as most accurate :-

So, where do i start with my review? - We'll let me give you some background information first- I've been regularly weight training for over five years and I've used countless equipment at home gyms and at clubs - I'm no "first timer", so this reveiw should hold some weight :)

What I can't get my head around is all the glowing reviews for this product - It's absolutely hopeless from a multifunctional / adjustment point of view and I'm sure anyone who works out regularly would agree with this - but I'll come back to this point shortly.

Once the bench is in its required position, it's sturdy and well made but God help you if you would like to change the positioning or adjust the bench.

It has easily the most infuriating and illogical design I've ever come across hands down, taking at least 10minutes to change from an incline to a decline and along the way you'll to double pull and tug bolts, looking for holes for them to slot into, turn the bench on its side, upside down, screw and unscrew fidgety screws and graze your knuckles with no idea in the world of really knowing what shape the bench is going to end up in at the end of it all.

It's as if the designer of this bench had never ever in his entire life ever used an adjustable weights bench, and got an engineering degree from the university of stupid.

It's of such a ridiculous, illogical and infuriating design that without a lengthy instruction booklet, you'd never be able to guess how to adjust the bench from one simple use to another. Men up and down the country will look at this bench with puzzled faces scratching their heads, giving up after trying to adjust a few of the bolts - after all we don't like lengthy instruction booklets, we want things to just work.

I'm sorry but anyone who has working out using an adjustable bench, does not want to spend 30minutes out of a 60 minute workout making adjustments to their bench, it would completely defeat the purpose of anyones workout.

Conclusion:

If you're looking for a decent bench that you'll never want to adjust once you've set it up, this is a sturdy and well built bench and good for its purpose.

However if you're looking for a bench that you'd like to adjust during your workouts (or ever in your lifetime!) stay very clear away from this product, don't be fooled by it's 13 in 1 usefullness - you'll find that it's totaly and utterly hopeless!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2014 1:14 AM GMT

South Downs Way XT40 (Route Maps): National Trail
South Downs Way XT40 (Route Maps): National Trail
by Harvey Map Services Ltd
Edition: Map

4.0 out of 5 stars South Downs Way - All in One Day ?, 12 July 2010
Good Map for Walkers and of waterproof material.

Could do with being smaller for Mountain Bikers to slip in a pocket.

Contours give you an idea but a side on view of the elevations would also help with planning a trip, mentally as well as physically.

If you are attempting the South Downs (particularly on a bike) do train for it, the hills are big and quite numerous, they seem to get bigger the further East you head (I'm sure it wasn't just my tired legs).

Sign posting on the SDW isn't very good and speaking to others a lot have strayed off the trail.

It maybe easier to spot the signs on foot, but on a Mountain Bike it's easy to miss them.

Don't go out on the South Downs without a map, plenty of water, energy bars and some spares.

It's apparently very slippery in the wet - you've been warned.

The views however are spectacular and you won't regret the trip - but do prepare, a map is essential.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2011 3:33 PM BST