Profile for Christopher J. Whitehead > Reviews

Content by Christopher J....

Christopher J. Whitehead "its my opinion and my review so don't bother replying" (Lathom, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Words with Friends To Go
Words with Friends To Go

1.0 out of 5 stars non magnetic board, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Words with Friends To Go (Toy)
I was disappointed with this as I assumed it was magnetic so the tiles wouldn't move. It means the board has to be on a stable table, which to me means its not exactly 'to go'. If the pieces stuck to the board it would be perfect. We didn't even finish our first game as the tiles moved every time we moved the board.

Back to travel scrabble for me.

BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB Black - tablets (Slate, BlackBerry Tablet OS, Black, 2.1+EDR, 1024 x 600 pixels, Multi-touch)

1.0 out of 5 stars it will take you a week of evenings crawling the forums to set this up, 24 Nov. 2013
This is my review, my opinion, don't bother commenting unless you have something positive to add!

I originally bought a playbook from an online retailer through amazon. It look used when it arrived. After contacting the vendor I was instructed to send it back and they will send a new one. I then received a refund and was told they were out of stock, only to see four available on their amazon account. Beware online retailers using amazon's store front.

Plus's -
good size memory
great price for quality of hardware, screen and speakers
good graphics and sound for playing films and tv series
easy to navigate

Negatives's -
speed isn't as fast as I was expecting, it is acceptable I suppose
lack of apps - most of the apps on my android phone are not available for my blackberry. I didn't think it would bother me but blackberry world doesn't really cut it.
useless connectivity, everything failed to connect for days, had to trawl through the forums and get extremely cheesed off in the process
can't download torrents so you'll have to transfer across via a wireless link
dont expect to transfer across blackberry desktop manager as it will only back up but won't transfer media

I give a great tablet only one star because there is no way you can download torrent files to it and so if you aren't as lucky as I was and you don't manage to connect it to a pc then its only use would be as a web browser.

An android tablet would have taken me a day to configure, this little black swine took me every evening for over a week.

Update, a few days later. Great tablet, utterly bad connections. I turned it off a few days ago to fire it back up again, took me 20 mins of configurations in order to get connected to wifi again. I bet I can't connect to my laptop again to download some videos. Useless tablet if I can't connect it to wifi or laptop
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2015 1:15 AM GMT

Tetramin Weekend Fish Food 10 Sticks
Tetramin Weekend Fish Food 10 Sticks
Offered by The Royal Trader

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 27 April 2013
I though anything made by Tetra would be the business but these holiday food sticks didn't do it. I put four in when going away for five days. On returning each stick lay on the bottom totally untouched. I won't use these again and would welcome anybody's suggestion on an alternative.

TetraMin Holiday Weekend Food 9g Fish Food
TetraMin Holiday Weekend Food 9g Fish Food

Tetramin Weekend Food
Tetramin Weekend Food
Offered by FishAround Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Tetramin Weekend Food (Misc.)

No Title Available

Salomon Men's Cosmic 4D Gtx Hiking Boot
Salomon Men's Cosmic 4D Gtx Hiking Boot

1.0 out of 5 stars wet feet, 14 April 2013
these boots leak from day one, 18 months later I'm binning them
they look the part but they leak
leather boots for me from now on

Salomon Men's Authentic Gtx Hiking Boot
Salomon Men's Authentic Gtx Hiking Boot
Price: £102.88 - £159.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Hiking Boot Waterproof that lets water in, 14 April 2013
the spec says 'Hiking Boot Waterproof'
wet grass = wet feet