Profile for Russell G > Reviews

Content by Russell G

Russell G

JML Magic Carpet - Terracota (Small)
JML Magic Carpet - Terracota (Small)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Carpet To Protect Laminate Floors, 23 Aug 2011
I bought this mat to protect a newly laid laminate floor and to capture dirt and water on the way in through the front door. So far very pleased with it and does a fantastic job, it even goes in the washing machine. After two weeks bought a second one for the back door to capture mud, water and sand being bought in by my young boys and again it does what you would expect. Interested to see how long these mats last, but first impressions are good and would recommend to anyone wanting to protect laminate or wood flooring at the front door.

Wired--up 2M Ethernet RJ45 Network Cable
Wired--up 2M Ethernet RJ45 Network Cable
Offered by UNLIMITED COMPUTERS
Price: 2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Delivery & Cheap, but fits a need, 22 Jun 2011
What can I say about these as they are network cables and work as expected. Delivery was fast, ordered one day and turned up the next day, so 3 cables for 2 and no postage is a bargain! They work very well for my home network and connecting my Sky box to my router, so all in all very pleased with these cables for the price.

Emprex AWV-699B 5.8ghz Wireless AV Sender V2.0 (discontinued by manufacturer)
Emprex AWV-699B 5.8ghz Wireless AV Sender V2.0 (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Replacement & Working Well, 8 Nov 2010
I've been looking for a replacement for our old 2.4ghz AV sender as it stopped working a few months back and the picture quality of it wasn't that good anyway! Having read the reviews on here I decided to give this a go and so far have not been disappointed. Arrived quickly after ordering and within 10 minutes I had it set up and had a good clear picture with good sound on our TV upstairs. I probably then spent an extra 10 minutes getting the IR extender in the right place on the transmitting unit so the Sky+ remote worked upstairs and checking the different channel selections to see if I could improve the picture further. To be fair the picture and sound quality are excellent straight out the box, but was just seeing if I could further improve it. So far there has been no interference to the picture from anything else in the house and I have plenty of things that interfered with the picture on the old unit!

Overall very please so far, but I would definitely recommend reading the reviews on here about setting the until up and making sure the scart leads are in the right unit, as this saved me time and effort from the start :)