Profile for Ruth > Reviews

The Artist [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jean Dujardin
Price: 5.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Deserved all the credit it got and more, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Artist [DVD] (DVD)
When I saw this at the cinema, there were about 3 other people in there. It's such a shame it wasn't particularly a commercial success, but then the narrow minded people who don't get it because there's no noise are just missing out on a brilliant film. It isn't actually for " middle class toffs", as I'm 17 far from posh. If you like all sorts of films, give The Artist a go, and as with many great films, you come out better off for having seen it.

Born To Die - The Paradise Edition
Born To Die - The Paradise Edition
Price: 9.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, Lana del Rey has to be my favourite male artist, 13 Jan 2013
This woman, for me, is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of talent and great songs. If you listen to Born To Die as many times as I have, not one song is easy to dislike. Video Games is my all time favourite, but the newly added Lucky Ones is equally brilliant. As for the other CD, it's exciting to get to know 8 New tracks like Blue Velvet!! Buy this, not the deluxe edition Born To Die, it is really great value, you won't be disappointed. Such a passionate, great singer, that, if I'm honest, doesn't need to swear as much as she does in her songs. Even so, she is completely brilliant at what she does
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2013 9:58 AM GMT

Meet Me In St Louis [DVD] [1944]
Meet Me In St Louis [DVD] [1944]
Dvd ~ Judy Garland
Price: 4.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully restored, one of my favourite musicals, 13 Jan 2013
I'd not seen this musical until I ordered it from Amazon last month, and now I know that I've been missing out. Funny,romantic and with the beautiful song " have yourself a merry little Christmas" , this DVD is surprisingly colourful for a 40s film and has been restored wonderfully. when I bought it , it was a bargain at 5, so I'm not sure why the price has increased. Even so, it would still be worth it at double that. Fantastic!!

New Girl - Season 1 [DVD]
New Girl - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zooey Deschanel
Price: 17.07

4.0 out of 5 stars New Girl really grows on you! Hilarious programme!, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: New Girl - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
The DVD itself gets 5 stars, zooey deschanel is great as jess, with an amazing male cast around her to. As you watch more, you become more addicted and although it's funny essentially, it is, like many comedies, quite touching in its portrayal of friendship. The omission of a star may be a little unfair, but as I ordered thisthis a couple of days before New year, It took just over a week to come. Can't wait for the second series to be shown in the UK!

The Douche Journals: The Definitive Account of One Man's Genius: 1
The Douche Journals: The Definitive Account of One Man's Genius: 1
by Schmidt
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious if you're a New Girl fan!!, 13 Jan 2013
Bought this as a Christmas present but I ended up carefully reading it myself first! The humour is quite americanised but if you get New girl that's not a problem. It came within a few days despite the Christmas rush and my friend loved it. Definitely buy it if you're after some light reading. (only very very minor criticism is that the price - 8.27- isn't as low as usual for amazon) nevertheless great book!!

i5 JAMMYLIZARD Cute Bow Series White / Pink Full Body Case Cover for New Apple iPhone 5 / 5S - INCLUDES SCREEN PROTECTOR & CLOTH
Offered by Purplemoose007
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great iPhone 5 case, 13 Jan 2013
I gave this to a friend as a Christmas present, after she told me there weren't many cases around for the 5. It is really good value, came within 2 days and she told me she couldn't have chosen a better one herself. It's a good quality product for it's price, very impressed!

Indoor Sunflower Fairy Lights with 30 Warm White LEDs by Lights4fun
Indoor Sunflower Fairy Lights with 30 Warm White LEDs by Lights4fun
Offered by Lights4fun
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Fairy Lights!, 17 July 2012
I wasn't sure what to expect with these lights but they're great, nice little flower shapes- cute for children, teenagers or adults and anywhere in the house. I might try trailing them outside on a warm evening for a Garden Party. At the moment they are draped around my Che Guevara picture in my bedroom. They are LED so long lasting etc. Really impressed and great value- you get quite a long strip of lights- almost three metres I'd guess.

The Great Gatsby (Wordsworth Classics)
The Great Gatsby (Wordsworth Classics)
by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great Gatsby- F.Scott Fitzgerald, 17 July 2012
This short novel has to be my favourite piece of classic literature. Sure, we all love the more typical 19th century classics too, but this is more dynamic than anything else of its kind- beautifully written, profound, poignant and a really fascinating insight into 1920s America. Don't be put off by the first couple of pages, once you get into it you will be gripped. I really love the ending and I think that we all have something to learn from it. Truly very sad in parts and indeed rather mysterious. You need to be in the right frame of mind to read this, otherwise you might not 'get' its subtlties. Everyone should read this book. Such a shame Fitzgerald died before it became a success. Can't wait for the Baz Luhrman movie in December with Leo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Isla Fisher- SOUNDS AMAZING!