Profile for Sharon Thomas > Reviews

Content by Sharon Thomas

Sharon Thomas (Midlands, United Kingdom)

Playmobil - 6768 1.2.3 Big House Set
Playmobil - 6768 1.2.3 Big House Set

5.0 out of 5 stars A great toy for that tricky age of 2!, 29 Dec. 2011
I bought this Doll's House as a replacement for a cheaper, nastier one I bought for my daughter for Christmas - It was worth every penny!!
The furniture fits to the floors - with upstairs room, 2 downstairs rooms and an outsite space too. Lots of chunky enough bits for a toddler (my daughter is 2 and a half) but play value galore as my 5 year old son loves it too.

The baby and stroller have been a source of untold joy today and with animals and furniture, all that is missing is a little car (but I feel we may have to buy one and would not feel it was a waste of money).

Our new favoutite brand is playmobil 123!

Ecoiffier 1410 Pack of 50 Abrick Bricks
Ecoiffier 1410 Pack of 50 Abrick Bricks

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap bricks - but look and feel cheap, 29 Dec. 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
These bricks were cheap to buy but felt cheap and were poor value.

the best thing is the box - which is sturdy and quite usefull, but overall I would add-to the money I would spend on these and get a better known brand instead.

When we built anything and tried to pick it up (i.e. my two year old put 6 bricks together to make a wall, picked it off the table and it fell apart - no value at all)

Little Red Train Magnetic Playbook
Little Red Train Magnetic Playbook
by Benedict Blathwayt

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful long lasting play value, 29 Dec. 2011
this book is a dream present for Train-loving boys. The magnets elevate the value to a toy, and we have travelled with this toy on trains, in the car, on planes and to many restaurants. Great value.

abrick House Play Set
abrick House Play Set
Offered by monimii

1.0 out of 5 stars A fool's bargain, 29 Dec. 2011
This review is from: abrick House Play Set (Toy)
I bought this at a bargain price - there is absolutely no value in a bargain if it is an unplayable toy! I would not waste your money even at half the price, save up and buy a sturdier, easy to assemble well-known brand.

The house flimsily fit together with great difficulty as some pieces had "burrs" of plastic that blocked the fittings. Once assembeld it was rickety and my 2 year old, who plays very nicely with her toys leant over the house and it collapsed. The base boards warped and would not lie flat. There were no instructions in the box, but whatever way you assemble it it will not stay assembled in a sturdy enough fashion for a toddler.

I bought a pack of Ecoiffier bricks as an add on present to build along with the house and they are just as shoddy.

My tip - go with the well known building block brands as I wish I had.

Walltastic Sea Adventure Wallpaper Mural 8ft x 10ft
Walltastic Sea Adventure Wallpaper Mural 8ft x 10ft

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Shark Bedroom, 3 Feb. 2011
I purchased this for my 4 year old son's bedroom. We had it put up by a professional decorator whilst the room was being repainted. He said the paper was thinner than normal wallpaper but it went up easily. The finished wall looks fantastic (we only lost about 4 inches off the bottom of the mural as the room has coving) The 3D effect is great and there are lots of creatures and details to "spot".

My son's reaction was better than Christmas morning - I'd recommend this for any sea-creature-loving-kids as it will be around a lot longer than the current TV or film character bedroom.

The Official BBC Children in Need Medley [DVD AUDIO]
The Official BBC Children in Need Medley [DVD AUDIO]
Offered by Giant Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny for all the family - at least the first 10 times!, 2 Jan. 2010
This is an excellent Charity Video of the No1 single put together by Peter Kay A.K.A. Big Chris from Roary the Racing Car. We had fun on Christmas Day spotting all the animated characters going right back to the 60s.

My 3 year old has not tired of it and can watch it again and again!

The Gro Company Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
The Gro Company Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleep - wonderful sleep!, 11 Jun. 2009
We bought this clock for our son for his birthday, when he turned 3 a month ago. He had been waking at 5.30 - 6.30 wanting to get into our bed or to get us sleeping on the floor in his room.

We showed him the demo of Moon with stars countdown and how "Mr Sunshine" would appear when it was "morning" - we optimistically chose 7am. From the first day it worked - I must say I was amazed, he did wake me at 5.30 to tell me the moon was still there for a couple of days.

But he is now checking before he shouts us in the morning - we hear him stir then go quiet if it's pre-7am, then we are woken with a cheery, "Mummy it's morning - the sunshine is here".

My friend has had similar joy with hers too.

Well worth a try - and the clock is lovely addition to boy or girl's nursery - much nicer than the other "pre-time-telling" clocks available.

I think it would even suit children younger than 3 as it comes with a cute storybook to introduce the idea to them at bedtime.