Profile for Mr. Duncan Cresswell > Reviews

Content by Mr. Duncan Cre...

Mr. Duncan Cresswell "Duncman" (Worcestershire, UK)

The Night Before
The Night Before

5.0 out of 5 stars Bang on!, 17 April 2010
This review is from: The Night Before (Audio CD)
My knowledge about James is pretty limited. I saw them perform Waterfall on Jools Holland and few years ago - loved the track. I don't listen to much radio, but caught the track again late one evening on radio 2. It made me want to search for their website to find out which album this song was on. Hey Ma was to be released in about a fortnight, but there were 3 tracks to listen too to wet your appetite. Clicked on Bubbles and was blown away. Pre-ordered album there and then and have not looked back since. I then purchased the Best Of.
This week I saw them at Bristol promoting this new mini album. To say that I really enjoyed the gig is an understatement -the mix of new and old tunes, the muscianship and the atmosphere that the band created throughout the concert hall were top notch and leaves me wanting more.
I've listened to all the tracks of this album via the Independent and have to say it's a little gem. Yes, it would be nice to have all of these tracks plus what will be released on the next mini album all on one disc (unless they're going to be in a different vein to these), but hey, it's a great concept and run time is well over 30 mins.

I can't wait for it to arrive this Monday morning.