Profile for Mr. M. D. Newman > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. D. Newman

Mr. M. D. Newman "Mikey Newman" (UK)

EARTH ROCKER
EARTH ROCKER
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it, that's it., 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: EARTH ROCKER (Audio CD)
I was gonna write a review worthy of my love for this album and also the band, but the previous reviewer just nailed absolutely everything I feel about Clutch as musicians and Earth Rocker as an album
Props to ya bro, absolutely fantastic review.
Just go buy it guys, support the masters of music and just go buy it. You WILL NOT be disappointed!!
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY CLUTCH! - MikeyNo0ms
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2013 12:56 AM GMT

Plastic Head Clutch Classic Logo Men's T-Shirt Black XX-Large
Plastic Head Clutch Classic Logo Men's T-Shirt Black XX-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent customer service, 10 Sep 2011
The main reason I purchased this was because CLUTCH are my favourite band of ALL time. TThe T-shirt itself is of good quality and I am very happy with this purchase.

---(After not receiving this shirt the first time around, I emailed PlasticHead are they apologised and re-sent the item. Very quick service, would definatly use again.)---

Deep Blue
Deep Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars What you come to expect, 29 Jun 2010
This review is from: Deep Blue (Audio CD)
Parkway Drive's third venture 'Deep Blue'is yet another fantastic effort from the guys down under. The band has not strayed too far from their previous releases, albeit sounding slightly 'heavier' than in the past. Winston's vocal's yet again sound incredible on this record, dry and throaty with an awesome tone. Having gone with a different producer this time the record does take on a slightly different sound, Adam D of Killswitch Engage preferring a more 'clean n crisp' approach, this time round the boys have gone for a more 'in your face' production.
The critics that have noted that Parkway have not 'evolved' as a band, and are churning the 'same old sound' may have a point, but it is my opinion that if a band produces music as good as this, why change the formula? A band should not be merited on 'evolving their sound', rather the quality of the music it produces.
I don't believe there are any fillers on this album, which can be said for 'Horizons' for example. The drums are as gigantic sounding as ever, and the guitars intertwined with each other like never before, weaving galloping rhythms and ascending solos, the best example being 'Karma, quite possibly the best song on the album.
So my final point I guess is if your expecting anything different from these guys then I'm afraid you will be sadly disapointed, but if you loved these guys previous efforts you will be sure to fall in love with this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2010 9:03 PM GMT

Shark Bites and Dog Fights
Shark Bites and Dog Fights

5.0 out of 5 stars Skindred have done it once again, 3 Oct 2009
Skindred have done it once again. The band formed in 1993, Benji, the lead singer left his previous band 'Dub War' and created Skindred. Hailing from Newport, South Wales, this band never fail to create ground breaking original music. Whilst retaining their original roots, they get harder yet softer with each record they put out.

From their first album 'Babylon', through to 'Root Rock Riot' and now 'Shark Bites and Dog Fights', the band manages to fuse reggae, hard rock, dub step and even a little trance and the results are well... breath taking! From the opener `Stand For Something' the album starts off at a rocky tempo, Benji's vocals, as always, magnificently tight. Probably the best riff on the album is heard here, after the first listen I couldn't get the chorus out of my head! The album keeps up this excellent tempo right through to the closer 'Invinsible'.

Benji continues to be the driving force of the bands sound, his smooth croon swiftly followed by a barrage of guttural screams shows you just what an exceptional singer he really is.

Mix in some flowing reggae rhymes, outstanding beats and jaw dropping riffs, and the end product is something oh so so special. It sends the listener on a hell of a ride, think ice cream sundae with chocolate sauce and a cherry on top for the ears :)

The stand out track on this album has got to be `You Can't Stop it'. For me, it's the best track Skindred have produced. Blending all their qualities into just under 4 minutes of mind blowing raga-rock!
For me, Skindred just seem to get better and better as time goes on. In my opinion, there is no other band that manages to fuse two or three genres so successfully. Enter shikari do a decent job but for me they're not a touch on these fellas.

My only critisism of this record is that sadly, its only 8 tracks long. But I'd rather listen to 8 quality tracks than loads of 'fill in's.

If you want head banging riffs, quality dub step beats, a little bit of reggae, amazingly powerful vocals and exceptionally produced music, then this is the record you've been waiting for.

Weight Of The World, The
Weight Of The World, The

5.0 out of 5 stars Unknown Californian boys truely find their sound on debut album., 18 July 2008
Nural are a group of 5 guys from La Crescenta, California.
Until very recently I had never heard of these guys before, mainly due to their success being prodominently in the US. A good friend of mine let me borrow the CD on the off chance I would like it... and by God did I!
Being a fan of many different types of music, I liked the way Nural successfully manage to blend many different genres, whilst maintaining a solid sound. The singer has an almost 'Brandon Boyd' style voice that he uses to full potential, creating choruses that make the hair of the back of your neck stand up, and singing solo with a piano that almost brought tears to my eyes upon my first listen.
These guys have come along way from the 'Skater/PunkPop' scene back in the late ninties, and have emerged into a bloody cracking rythem rock band!
Stand out tracks include - Not guilty, Tension, Forgive me and Years to come.
If you get into one new band this year then let it be Nural, you will not be dissapointed!