Profile for Richard V Raiment > Reviews

Content by Richard V Raiment

Richard V Raiment (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Cross Of Iron (Digitally Restored) [DVD] [1977]
Cross Of Iron (Digitally Restored) [DVD] [1977]
Dvd ~ James Coburn

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing, 24 May 2014
It is hard to grasp that it is something like 37 years since I first saw this movie and, watching the DVD, there was nothing about it to suggest that it wasn't made yesterday. The colour and sound is fine, the rendition as excellent as I remember it and the opening montage sequence still as powerful. I know I will be watching this DVD again - the quality is far better than I had even dared to hope. I gladly recommend it.

My Life
My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Primarily for students of English history., 21 April 2014
This review is from: My Life (Kindle Edition)
This is a charming autobiography, written by a journalist, writer and playwright who was born in the Victorian Era and wrote the book itself a year or two into the First World War. Sims is best known to most of us as the author of Christmas Day in the Workhouse and worked alongside other commentators and reformers including Henry Mayhew. In fairness a great deal of the book is about the London stage in his lifetime, referencing an important area of entertainment for the masses as well as the upper crust, and many of the names and titles he mentions are now long forgotten, many of the venues lost, perhaps, to history. But there is data in here which is well worth sifting and, the author appearing to be a very modest, kind and humorous man, it isn't at all hard to do.

It's Not My Fault: Self Discovery & Admission
It's Not My Fault: Self Discovery & Admission

5.0 out of 5 stars A genuinely fascinating book., 21 April 2014
This is the autobiography of a rather beautiful lady who has led, very often, a less than beautiful life. Born inadequately loved, it seems, and like many who share that situation, Wendi went on to accept inadequate love as a norm, doing her best to hide the consequences in booze, drugs and sex.

Some of the story is very hard to read - not because of the writing, which is fine - but because of the images it provokes. It is at times brutally honest and honestly brutal, often funny, often profoundly sad. I found that 'getting through the hard parts'(which could almost be an alternative title to the book) in the life of a human being that too many would simply cast aside as a 'loser' brought me to a revelation of sorts. This is a beautiful human being, too often abused, who really does deserve to be loved and to be loved very well.

Sarah's Education
Sarah's Education

5.0 out of 5 stars Moore heat and spice from Madeline, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Sarah's Education (Kindle Edition)
Another hot fantasy, this time about a fairly naive but also courageous girl who slips by accident into the world of commercial sex. It IS fantasy - like all the best writers Madeline Moore invites us to enjoy erotic invention in the knowledge that it IS erotic invention and not a recommendation to anybody to take up a particular lifestyle. The story contains a host of very credible characters, treats them kindly and is, as is all Madeline's work, a smooth and fascinating read. Strongly recommended.

Debutante
Debutante

5.0 out of 5 stars A hot and spicy delight., 21 April 2014
This review is from: Debutante (Kindle Edition)
Madeline Moore is an excellent writer with an assured and very smooth style. The story itself, of a group of impoverished students who find a creative and very sexual means of supporting themselves financially, is a highly enjoyable fantasy that I found rather hard to put down. Strongly recommended.

Wild Girls, Wild Nights: True Lesbian Sex Stories
Wild Girls, Wild Nights: True Lesbian Sex Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Intimate, touching, erotic and honest., 21 April 2014
The bottom line with this, I guess, is that it has Sacchi Green’s name on it as editor, and really that should be guide enough to the quality of the contents. It is certainly more than enough for me.

As a straight male who has merely written some ‘f/f’ material and who entirely accepts that gay and lesbian love is right and natural, I have to visit the minds of lesbian ladies - as revealed in their writing and reading - with the same quiet respect I would visit any other temple.

I came away from this visit quite awed.

There is some very hot material in this, including Cheyenne Blue’s ‘Nurse Joan’ and Danielle Mignon’s ‘Are You My Mommy’, some very warm and touching - such as Anna Watson’s ‘Tamago’. There is humour here, and perceptiveness, and a very real sense of the truth behind the stories and the courage of the writers in revealing it.

It would take too long to commend each of the writers individually. All I can do is to commend, very sincerely, the book as a whole. I do so without any hesitation.

US Waterproof Ripstop Hooded Nylon Festival Poncho Olive Green
US Waterproof Ripstop Hooded Nylon Festival Poncho Olive Green
Offered by CamoOutdoor - The Sports & Camouflage Outfitters

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect wet weather protection when you're travelling light., 23 Jun 2013
Taken me a long time to get round to reviewing this and I apologise to the seller for that. Circumstances meant that I didn't get to try it for quite a while. The story's in the headline really - just a really useful piece of kit.

Sony PlayStation 2 Console
Sony PlayStation 2 Console

5.0 out of 5 stars Digging out the old games again., 23 Jun 2013
As with my review of the PS1, obtaining this used through Amazon has allowed me to visit the games I used to enjoy when I first acquired one of these units. Thus far I have found no issues and it appears clean and functional. Bigger than I remember, but who cares?

Sony PlayStation Console
Sony PlayStation Console

5.0 out of 5 stars A trip back in time., 23 Jun 2013
Delivered promptly and in good condition, with nothing I can find to complain about, the PS1 routinely takes me back to the past with games that have been lying around in boxes and which are still great fun.

Worms - Platinum
Worms - Platinum
Offered by CHIPS

5.0 out of 5 stars Wormy blasts from the past, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Worms - Platinum (Video Game)
I got a lot of pleasure from the game those many years ago when it came out and am now able to enjoy it still with a PS1 bought through Amazon. No issues at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2013 9:30 PM BST