Profile for Angela Fernandez > Reviews

Content by Angela Fernandez

Angela Fernandez (Rochester, Kent, UK)

IBRA® 1m High Speed PRO GOLD RED HDMI 2.0/1.4a HDMI Cable 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K Ultra HD
Offered by Hd Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Oct. 2015
Excellent quality leads at a great price.

Lobo brand Thai Holy basil seasoning paste - 1.76 oz each (5 packs)
Lobo brand Thai Holy basil seasoning paste - 1.76 oz each (5 packs)
Offered by Thai Food UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Feb. 2015
Great product at a good price and excellent service from this seller. Recommended.

Sony BDVE880.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD 5.1ch Home Cinema BRAVIA Internet Video
Sony BDVE880.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD 5.1ch Home Cinema BRAVIA Internet Video

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 31 July 2013
The 3D Blu-Ray player and inclusive 5.1 channel home cinema system is just stunning! Very simple to set up and once done, provides an absolutely brilliant performance which, I am very sure, would be almost impossible to better at this price point. I really do love it and wonder now, how I tolerated inferior sound quality (in particular), and spectacular visuals before. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal at a good price., 31 July 2013
Great price for a genuine Metz product, brand new and in genuine manufacturer's box. Why bother with poor performing generic alternatives when you can get the real thing for a fair price? RECOMMENDED!

Rip Fleas Extra Spray 600ml
Rip Fleas Extra Spray 600ml
Offered by Black Cat Medicines

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre performance, 31 July 2013
Whilst providing some improvement, this product was considerably less effective than other household flea sprays I have used. Could 'only' recommend on price, 'not' on performance.

Epson Durabrite T1285 Fox Genuine Multipack Ink Cartridges
Epson Durabrite T1285 Fox Genuine Multipack Ink Cartridges

5.0 out of 5 stars There's no substitute for the 'real' thing!, 9 Nov. 2011
With the relatively, (some might say 'exorbitantly') high prices of genuine original manufacturer's inkjet cartridges, it might be very tempting and seemingly obvious, to opt for the very much cheaper, so called 'compatible' versions. Indeed, I would be very high on the list of those who decry the ridiculously high prices manufacturers charge for their own brand originals.

With the seemingly artificially low prices of most manufacturer's printers, particularly those in the lower price ranges, it might be reasonable to suspect that Messrs Epson, Canon, HP and Lexmark etc, are using their budget and lower mid-range printers and multi-function units as loss leaders; potentially sucking in new customers with artificially low prices for new hardware, simply to claw it all back (and some!) through the ultra high prices they charge for their branded inkjet cartridges and paper. My personal assumption of this is that they almost certainly are doing exactly that. So, it might therefore seem that moving over to the considerably cheaper compatible cartridges is virtually a 'no brainer' (an obvious choice) but, is it?

Having been the owner of at least ten Epson inkjet printers over the years, plus two Canon ones and one HP, I have succumbed to the temptation to use cheap compatible cartridges on three occasions in the past. Each however, turned out to be a bad decision and on at least two occasions, a fairly costly one.

Despite the strongly advertised promises made by the various manufacturers of compatible inkjet cartridges that, for example, "they meet or exceed the specifications of original cartridges" or "produce identical results" etc, etc, I have simply NEVER found such promises to be true.

In my experience over many years, I have not found any compatible cartridges to produce results as good as those from originals and in fact, simply exchanging any one of the eight original cartridges in my Epson Stylus Photo R2400 printer, immediately results in very obviously sub-standard print quality, often combined with colour matching from that which had previously produced a perfect match every time, to what I could see on my monitor to that of the finished print, being thrown completely awry the minute just one single cartridge was swapped for a compatible. This results in needless continuous, endless and usually completely fruitless colour adjustments while trying to correct the imbalance, in turn, resulting in a massive waste of printing paper, ink and of course......MONEY!

Even when used on my 'everyday' basic printers, compatibles simply don't produce the goods. Colour balance may be all over the place or at best, not as accurate as when using original cartridges. In some cases, I have experienced 'runs' where too much ink seems to be laid down and worse, far more incidents of blocked printer heads, often proving quite stubborn to clean effectively.

Furthermore, I am convinced that I have in the past had two of my printers completely ruined by the use of compatible inkjet cartridges. One reached the 'end of it's serviceable life' and required replacing, even though it had actually been used far less than one might expect; although it had seemed to continuously require blocked print heads to be cleaned and another, on which the pad that soaks up excess ink whenever head cleaning is carried out, becoming completely (and I 'do' mean COMPLETELY) saturated in ink, which again, rendered the printer effectively beyond repair.

I have never experienced any such problems with original manufacturer's inkjet cartridges and always get perfect and consistent colour balance. I cannot recall the last time I had to undertake a head cleaning cycle and my Epson printers continue to provide perfect and reliable service when using manufacturer's original ink sets.

Consistent with all my past experiences of using inkjet cartridges, I find the Epson Durabrite T1285 Fox Genuine Multipack ink set to be brilliant and, the ONLY cartridges I will EVER use with my current budget 'everyday' Epson printer.

Not just 'recommended' but absolutely ESSENTIAL in my opinion.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2014 5:38 PM GMT

The Friends Of Mr Cairo
The Friends Of Mr Cairo

4.0 out of 5 stars A Ha'peth of Tar!, 26 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Friends Of Mr Cairo (Audio CD)
I originally owned this album on vinyl LP record where it is quite stunning....a truly magical listening experience and for reasons I truly don't fully understand, emotionally very moving to me. However, having played this LP to death over the years, I finally invested in upgraded hi-fi components and speakers with a CD player now becoming my primary input sauce. I have since (somewhat foolishly perhaps?) sold my superb record deck. However, my current system is excellent and providing a good quality recording is presented to the CD player, performance is nothing short of stunning. Strangely however, I found this particular album disappointing but, I knew immediately 'why'. Although the CD album has one more track than the LP, they are played in a completely different order. For me (and my partner) it simply doesn't now seem to flow properly. Furthermore, the additional track doesn't sit well with the six original ones from the LP (in my opinion anyway). Sure, I appreciate that it is a simple matter to program the tracks to play in the desired order but I really don't want to have to do this every time I listen to the CD. To solve this problem, I have burned my own version, with the tracks in the same order as the LP and have completely ommited the 'extra' seventh track. Far, far better listening now in my view. I feel this has been a case of spoiling the ship for a ha'peth of tar in that, simply through adding one more track, the entire playing order has been altered, destroying the (for me) 'natural' flow and progression of the tracks which, on the LP album, seem to work perfectly. Maybe I'm completely wrong? Maybe the CD actually came first and one track was dropped to fit the restricted playing time of an LP? Whatever.... the cd, in it's presented format, simply doesn't work for me. The music is still superb but unfortunately, the overall experience is considerably diminished. And yes, the CD album artwork is appalling! The LP had much better artwork.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2013 11:27 PM GMT

See You Later
See You Later

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best!, 26 Sept. 2010
This review is from: See You Later (Audio CD)
I have absolutely every CD Vangelis has released and love every track of every one. I absolutely NEVER track hop, listening to everything on each of his CD's. Certainly, this CD along with the superb "The Friends of Mr Cairo" (jon & Vangelis), are in my opinion simply stunning. "See You Later" is arguably the very best Vangelis album of all time and while it may certainly be somewhat 'different' to much of his other work is still nonetheless, unmistakeably 'pure' Vangelis. I'm absolutely certain that all 'true' Vangelis fans will relish in this superb work and the only ones I can possibly see disagreeing are those who might be described more as 'casual' or 'occassional' Vangelis fans. This album can prove extremely difficult to find available. When I purchased my example, I ended up getting it from Canada and was more than happy to pay a hugely extortionate price for it too. Even then, I found a further two copies (in the USA) at substantially higher prices still, making mine appear something of a bargain. This is one of those rare CDs when I can confidently predict that I will continue to listen to this regularly over the years, for the rest of my life and will NEVER part with it. Simply superb!

Dell 2007FP Ultrasharp 20.1 - inch Dual Tone Flat Panel Monitor
Dell 2007FP Ultrasharp 20.1 - inch Dual Tone Flat Panel Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Near CRT Quality in LCD flat panel - A Rare Thing!, 26 Sept. 2010
As a professional photographer and 2D graphics exponent, I have always stuck rock solid to the classic high-end professional 22" CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) monitors, renowned for their ultimate graphics quality. I have tried LCD and even LED flat panels but have always been hugely disappointed, their performance falling far short of that of the professional CRT models. This has worried me considerably now for some time as it is becoming increasingly difficult to find 'perfect' used examples of such models and I could see the day coming when my last CRT would fail and I would find it impossible to replace. They are becoming a truly rare item now and I'm sure, will soon be just like the poor old Dodo....Extinct! I have recently purchased a DELL 2007FP Ultrasharp 20" flat panel LCD monitor and I'm delighted. It is so close to my professional 22" CRT's (20" viewable area) in performance and quality that I am very happy now to know that never again will I have to go on a CRT hunt. Brilliant! Very highly recommended.
Comment Comments (18) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2015 11:42 AM GMT

Canon EW-78B2 Lens Hood for EF28-135mm f3.5-5.6 USM IS
Canon EW-78B2 Lens Hood for EF28-135mm f3.5-5.6 USM IS

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the REAL THING!, 6 Dec. 2009
There really is nothing like the 'real thing' you know. I had recently purchased a used but mint condition Canon EF camera lens for my EOS digital SLR camera with a lens hood included in the purchase. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a 'compatable' lens hood, one manufactured independantly and NOT by Canon. It was very poor quality and a compromise in design.

I purchased this GENUINE Canon lens hood to replace it and boy, what a difference! Excellent quality product which is finished professionally, fits properly and even more importantly, is designed to 'work' specifically 'with' the Canon lens I had earlier purchased.

Substitutes simply do not compare!