Profile for Dr Claire B > Reviews

Fast Exercise
by Michael Mosley
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast but effective, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Fast Exercise (Paperback)
I'm a GP and many of my patients found that The Fast Diet very helpful. I can see the Fast Exercise book also being something that could really help people who are overweight, not particularly fit but motivated to change. It is simple to understand, extremely doable, science based but radical in its approach. The Fast Exercise book is partly based on Michael Mosley's Horizon, "The Truth About Exercise" but he has also injected a lot of new content. He explains in clear detail the science behind the claims and adds in a lot of useful references. I like the fact that he is a self confessed sloth, but has written this with Peta Bee, who is clearly much more athletic. I don't particularly enjoy exercise and do it mainly because it makes me feel better, so I was particularly encouraged by the fact that you don't have to be super fit to take up HIT (high intensity training). I typically go for a few short runs a week and wondered if it was worthwhile. Now I inject a bit of HIT into my run (i sprint up hills for 20 seconds, rather than puffing up slowly) and can already, I think, begin to feel the effects.