Profile for M. Elliott > Reviews

Content by M. Elliott

M. Elliott "Hardcore RPG fan" (Berkshire)

Folklore (PS3)
Folklore (PS3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Borelore, 9 May 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Folklore (PS3) (Video Game)
I wish i had never brought this game. Boring boring boring. Repetitive battles, no connection with characters. The whole game seems like it was aimed at kids I really cant find anything good to say about it.

Enchanted Arms (PS3)
Enchanted Arms (PS3)
Offered by clickforgamesltd
Price: 21.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Great additon to RPG collections, 9 May 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Enchanted Arms (PS3) (Video Game)
Although this game is a bit old now, I still believe that its a great game. I played this when it was first released and awaiting the release of final fantasy 13. It is without a doubt a great addition for any rpg fan, but I feel that for others this may not be the case. I feel that there is a lot of freedom and there is a sense of collecting rather like pokemon. The story was original and characters were well developed, a lot of dialog which games are often lacking and I found myself burning hours playing this. The battle system is also unique, the field consists of squares sort of like a chest board where you can select your character to move and attack, each attack has a radius of a certain amount of squares. Overall, for 16 you cant really go wrong, but would only recommend for rpg fans.

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Offered by AllGoodDealz
Price: 15.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and Miss, 9 May 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ive been a fan of final fantasy since the first titles, and ever since X-2 I felt like SquareEnix were losing their touch. I cant fault the graphics however, the game looks beautiful and cutscenes look stunning as do the summons. The story on the hand, really lets the game down. Theres no real connection to the characters and I found the main plot confusing, I'm currently at chapter 13 and I still dont know what is going on! It seems like a look of extra datalog to read to understand it, and I wanted to play a game, not read a game. There is no world map or towns, no conservations with people, just where the map points to a waymarker and you go! Although the game allows more roaming in chapter 13, it still lacks the freedom of previous titles. Another posititive however,the battle system is one of the most perfected in the series and battles are intense, require strategy and can take a long time. Also, I dont find myself wanting to burn several hours playing this game, I find its something that requires a lot of time and effort which is not always rewarded. So overall, graphics and gameplay are great, but dont expect the same story or freedom as you would hope for from a final fantasy game.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2010 8:27 PM BST

Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)
Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)
Offered by 6 Hungry Weasels
Price: 11.81

1.0 out of 5 stars Crashing, 9 May 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!! Ever since the new ps3 update everyone playing this game (including myself) has been experiencing non-stop freezing/crashing. Although it is a good game, its not so good when you cant play it, and neither Bioware nor Sony has set a release date as to when it will be fixed. Maybe if you really want the game you should hold off until then, as for me I will be returning mine!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2010 9:17 PM BST

Grandia 2
Grandia 2

5.0 out of 5 stars An RPG Classic, 30 Aug 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Grandia 2 (Video Game)
For those of you who are not rpg collectors then this game probally isn't for you. If you enjoy games such as final fantasy then you will love this game. With an in-depth storyline and a unique battle system, this game is deffinately a classic. The only annoying things that might put you off is the inability to skip speech and the boring old "save point" factor. However, the plot could rival even the best final fantasies and although the graphics are nothing to write home about, I would reccommend this game to any rpg fan.