Profile for Browneyedgirl78 > Reviews

The Paper Dolls
The Paper Dolls
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Hit, 11 May 2014
This review is from: The Paper Dolls (Paperback)
Another hit by Julia Donaldson. Bought for my two year old daughter and not only does she love the story but it also brought a tear to my eye. Lovely story and great animation

Official Manchester United 2014 Calendar (Calendars 2014)
Official Manchester United 2014 Calendar (Calendars 2014)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hit with my son, 11 May 2014
This does exactly as it says on the tin. My 11 year old die hard united fan loves it - and thats good enough for me.

Love Monster
Love Monster
by Rachel Bright

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Fab, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Love Monster (Paperback)
Such a lovely book with a heartfelt message. My daughter loves this. The animations and story are just fantastic and charming

The Honest Toddler: A Child's Guide to Parenting
The Honest Toddler: A Child's Guide to Parenting

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious account of parenting a toddler, 11 May 2014
I absolutely loved this book. The premise that it is about improving the parent and not the child was brilliant and the 'teachings' inside it were invaluable. Many of the situations described were ones I had encountered myself and at times I was sure that if my daughter could fully verbalise her thoughts this book would be them.
I haven't laughed at a book so much in a long time and am recommending to all of my friends and even the workers at my DD Nursery.

Buy it - you won't be disappointed :)

Kids Eskimo Insulated Rain / Snow Suit Pink (18-24 Months)
Kids Eskimo Insulated Rain / Snow Suit Pink (18-24 Months)
Offered by SkiwearNI

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Oct 2013
Exactly what we need for my two year old daughter who no longer lets us put raincover over her buggy

Fisher-Price Little People Disney 2 Pack: Jasmine and Aladdin
Fisher-Price Little People Disney 2 Pack: Jasmine and Aladdin
Offered by Fun Collectables

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 9 Oct 2013
Not sure about value for mOney but these are a great addition yo my daughters little people princess castle. Disappointing that as with other princes the Aladdin also doesn't really interact

Pokemon Ultimate Handbook (Pokémon)
Pokemon Ultimate Handbook (Pokémon)
by Cris Silvestri

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read - apparently, 9 Oct 2013
My so. Hasn't put thus down since I got it for him. It is apparently a must have for all pokemon fans out there

Pokemon Black and White - 6 Figure Set O3
Pokemon Black and White - 6 Figure Set O3

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what my son wanted, 9 Oct 2013
Brilliant gift for my son - he loved them and that's what matters to me. Hard to find elsewhere on high street

Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe
Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe

4.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming and xmassy, 9 Oct 2013
It was so nice to be re-acquainted with Issy, Pearl, Austin, Darny and co again in this christmas themed book. As with the original cupcake book all the characters are brilliantly written and you can't help feel affection for them.
When Austin is offered a job in pastures new the question is can Issy leave behind her dream for a new life. I won't spoil the ending but I will say I wished it was Xmas after reading some of the lovely imagery in this.
Hoping for another cupcake instalment soon....

The First Last Kiss
The First Last Kiss
by Ali Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: The First Last Kiss (Paperback)
Just finished this book and had to write a review immediately.
I don't want to give any 'spoilers' but like other reviews before I can say that this is the story of Molly and Ryan's relationship from their disastrous first kiss to their final one. It's told through the use of past and present tenses and although this changing between dates got slight confusing sometimes it didn't at all detract from their tale.
Molly, Ryan and all of the other characters were written in such a way that i really felt i knew them and became emotionally invested in them. I laughed lots, cried and at one stage sobbed my heart out.
This is the kind of book that I will likely keep forever and read again and again. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a story with heart, that makes you feel.
Brilliant - just brilliant