Profile for Benjamin Disraeli > Reviews

Content by Benjamin Disraeli

Benjamin Disraeli "Lex Talionis" (London, UK)

Weight Lifting Gloves - Top Quality Leather Gym Gloves With Wrist Support + FREE Bonuses - Double Stitched Padded Palm + Wrist Wrap - Lifting Gloves For Use In Gym, Weight Training & Weight Lifting - 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Offered by Elite Body Squad

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gloves - the only issue being Elite Body Squad ..., 24 April 2015
Excellent gloves - the only issue being Elite Body Squad constantly pestering me for a review by email after purchase.... Probably why I left it six months.

The gloves however are excellent - very good for the price.
Look nice too.

Anker AH430 USB 3.0 4-Port Compact Aluminum Hub with 2-Foot USB 3.0 Cable
Anker AH430 USB 3.0 4-Port Compact Aluminum Hub with 2-Foot USB 3.0 Cable
Offered by AnkerDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, great price...just doesn't work (for me anyway)., 24 April 2015
Unfortunately I get a "power surge" issue whenever I plug this into any USB port. May be my machine, but I've used plenty of USB disks/devices over the years and this is the only one I've ever had the problem with, so can't recommend.

Horns
Horns
by Joe Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars This book blew me away., 24 April 2015
This review is from: Horns (Paperback)
Absolutely outstanding. I simply cannot put into words how much I love this book. I bought it looking for something a bit like King...this is better. Just...Wow.

Big Tunes Back 2 The 90s
Big Tunes Back 2 The 90s

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Collection But Missing Something, 30 July 2009
It's a good compilation with a few good songs, but there are 7 fewer songs on the MP3 Download album than on the Audio CD...so if you want the album as advertised, go for the CD!

Tanita Body Fat Monitor BF-662W
Tanita Body Fat Monitor BF-662W

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but flawed, 2 Mar. 2009
The model itself is VERY accurate when it comes to weight, and definitely looks the part.

The only issue I have is that the body fat % reading relies on electrical impulses (which are affected by the amount of liquid in the body)...so not only does the reading fluctuate when you've eaten, but also on time of day, amount of water drunk, whether muscles are tensed etc

So far I've managed to swing between 17% and 22% bodyfat in 24 hours...so just be warned, this method of body fat measurement can be slightly off!

House on the Haunted
House on the Haunted

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 2 May 2007
This review is from: House on the Haunted (Audio CD)
The review below has been bugging me for ages, it's clearly not a collection by "various" artists. If you want the score by Don Davis (and it's a pretty good score) then buy it.

The album's a melange of styles, but there's a spooky, dark organ backing to a lot of them...which was just what I was looking for. If you liked the film and its atmospheric use of music, then I'd definitely recommend this to you.