Profile for Bill Siegfried > Reviews

Reading Shakespeare's Sonnets: A New Commentary
Reading Shakespeare's Sonnets: A New Commentary
by Don Paterson

4.0 out of 5 stars A Commentary for Our Time, 24 Nov. 2010
I learned about this book from an article Don Paterson wrote for The Guardian and his concept of approaching the sonnets as a modern reader appealed to me. In the article as in the book, Paterson's concludes that Shakespeare was gay, which must have touched a raw nerve as he drew a lot of negative comments. However, that did not put me off ordering the book and I am very much enjoying Paterson's down-to-earth and witty commentary on the sonnets. The only reason I gave the book four rather than five stars is that the editor failed to correct a lot of typos or at least I hope the errors I have found are typos. Presumably, they will be corrected before the paperback is published.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2013 12:07 AM GMT

Teach Yourself VISUALLY Photoshop CS3 (Teach Yourself Visually)
Teach Yourself VISUALLY Photoshop CS3 (Teach Yourself Visually)
by Mike Wooldridge

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good guide for beginners, 21 Aug. 2010
As a complete beginner, I have found this book invaluable as a starting point for working with the programme. My only criticism would be the absence of a DVD with sample photos as are included in other books to practice the skills being taught. However, this was not a great problem as I simply used my own.