Profile for Andrew Hunt > Reviews

Content by Andrew Hunt

Andrew Hunt "andrewhunt8" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tankbread 2: Immortal
Tankbread 2: Immortal
by Paul Mannering

5.0 out of 5 stars High speed zombie action, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Tankbread 2: Immortal (Paperback)
The influences are too many to list but include a wry nod to Mad Max (obvious from the setting), Alien (particularly Resurrection), Resident Evil, Walking Dead etc. That said, this is not a hacked together, derivative novel. It's brilliantly imagined, superbly paced and with plenty of originality, particularly around the origin of the evols (zombies) and the variation in undead capability. I loved the first one and, if anything, liked this ome more. Looking forward to Tankbread 3.

The Norm Chronicles: Stories and numbers about danger
The Norm Chronicles: Stories and numbers about danger

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 23 May 2014
Slightly irritating flicking to the back all the time for the footnotes which, in many cases, could have been included in the text without spoiling the flow. Also the kindle tends to mess up the many graphs but.... for stories, myth busting and plenty of (un)common sense this is a good read.

Marvel Xmen canvas print 60x80cm
Marvel Xmen canvas print 60x80cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and quality, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Marvel Xmen canvas print 60x80cm
Absolutely excellent quality and much cheaper than other canvas prints that, as far as I can tell, are exactly the same !! Some places have this size on canvas at £50-£70.

TeckNet® In Car Universal FM Transmitter
TeckNet® In Car Universal FM Transmitter
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked OK then smoke came out of it, 26 Feb 2014
This product worked fine, not great, over a period of 18 months during which we probably used it 30-40 times. Today smoke came out of it. On examination, the insulation on the internal wires has melted. The device does get hot in use.
As a safety tip I'd advise NOT leaving it plugged in when you're not using it.

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Staggeringly easy to install, 23 Feb 2014
If you buy the disk on its own you need to also buy a USB to SATA cable. Check inside your PC first to see if you need to buy internal cables to connect the drive. Plug it into the PC via the USB to SATA cable. Clone the drive using the included software. Switch off. Install the drive inside the PC. Reboot. Done... You can then optimise etc. Great product.

This Is What We Are
This Is What We Are

5.0 out of 5 stars Great band, great album, great live show, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: This Is What We Are (Audio CD)
I saw this band last week at a private event in central London and they totally rocked. Punk/metal fusion at it's very best. These guys really know what they're doing - you won't regret buying the album but also, seek out one of their live performances and prepare to rock.

Airplane headphone socket adaptor
Airplane headphone socket adaptor
Offered by cheap4uk(From hongkong,2-3 weeks delivery)

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely pointless, 5 July 2013
This will not fit the two prong headphone sockets on most airlines e.g. BA. In fact you simply have to use your ordinary headphones with the 3mm jack in the socket that they will fit into. The socket is still stereo so both ears will work. The other jack is dead and only there to make you use the rubbish headphones that the airline hands out... This product has two 3mm jacks which is no use on most aircraft (I have flown at least twice a month on all the major airlines, in all classes, for the past 20 years so if someone posts a comment disagreeing with me, they're wrong).

Famous Five 6: Five On Kirrin Island Again
Famous Five 6: Five On Kirrin Island Again

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 15 Jun 2013
My 9 year old reports that this was quite good but not as good as the first 4 or 5 he read... We agreed that's a 3 star. Kindle 'updated' version.

3-Year Kindle Protection Plan with Accident & Theft Cover by SquareTrade, UK customers only
Offered by Squaretrade Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Customer Service Ever - incompetent and dishonest, 26 April 2013
The kindle I purchased this warranty for was lost in the post. I therefore cancelled the warranty within 3-4 days of ordering it. Almost a month later I am still awaiting a refund. I have spoken to both Amazon and Squaretrade many times. Every person I have spoken to has proved to be incompetent (for example, none of them have been able to tell me what the refund process is) and some have been dishonest (telling me that the refund has 'definitely' been processed when it has not). This morning I was told that the policy is still LIVE and the whole refund process has started again. I suspect they plan to drag me over the 30 day cancellation limit and then tell me it's no longer possible to cancel the contract. I dread to think what the experience of actually making a claim would be. Avoid at all costs. There are other products out there, use them instead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2013 4:27 PM BST

Tom Petty - The Broadcast Archives (Region 0) (NTSC) [DVD]
Tom Petty - The Broadcast Archives (Region 0) (NTSC) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Petty
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and unusual footage - Video !, 2 Jan 2013
I wasn't sure from the description whether this was a DVD containing just music in MP3 format (for ipod) or if it was video. 'iPod ready DVD' seems a strange way to describe it but it's accurate. What you actually get is a DVD containing MP4 files - each individual track as a separate MP4 and a file with all the tracks together for 'seamless' playback. The video files contain live footage from concerts in the 1980s (and maybe early '90s but I don't think so). One of the concerts is Farm Aid from either 1985/86. Another track is from the Temples in Flames tour with Bob Dylan. There is also a track with Roger McGuinn which I think might also be from the same tour... I have been a Petty fan for many years and thought I'd seen pretty much every video but these were all new to me. Weird format but good footage and recommended for Petty fans.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4