Profile for Saint Frisky > Reviews

Content by Saint Frisky

Saint Frisky (Northumberland, England.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Merrell  BERGENZ WTPF Boots Mens  Brown Braun (BROWN/STONE) Size: 7 (41 EU)
Merrell BERGENZ WTPF Boots Mens Brown Braun (BROWN/STONE) Size: 7 (41 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 17 Oct 2012
It may have taken a year and a day for them to arrive but it was worth the wait. The photos do not do them justice! Very warm with a thermalite lining, solid soles, chunky grips, high quality stitching and leather. Just a really well made pair of boots. Merrell in my experience are always quality.

Timberland Benton 3 In 1 Men's Jacket Cocoa Small
Timberland Benton 3 In 1 Men's Jacket Cocoa Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Good summer jacket!, 23 Mar 2012
This jacket may not keep keep you warm in the great British winter but it'll certainly keep you warm and dry the rest of the year. It's not too big and bulky, the fleece inside is a microfleece and can be removed and worn on it's own or you could just wear the shell.

My only wish is that this jacket had better inside pockets for phone / wallet / ipod etc and the Timberland logo does come wear off after a time because it is printed on.

LUPO Black with Green Inside Netbook Neoprene Pouch Case Sleeve - Fits up to 10.2" Inch Netbooks & Apple Ipad

4.0 out of 5 stars Neoprene sleeve that smells like solvent!, 3 Jan 2012
Not a bad little case, fits my netbook in nicely with enough room down the side to squeeze in a couple of pen drives and a 3G dongle.

If you have a sensitive nose... don't sniff it! You could get high off the chemical smell of this sleeve but after a week or so of owning it, it has started to fade and no longer smells like a chemical factory :)

Toshiba NB520-10U Intel Atom N570, 1GB, 250GB, 10.1", W7 Starter, Harman Kardon speakers, Bluetooth, Lime Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop but Windows 7 Starter sucks!, 3 Jan 2012
This laptop is brilliantly constructed, easily one of the most solid built netbooks I have come across. Eclipsing the likes of Dell netbooks, there's no give or flex in the case and is not the lurid lime green pictured. The screen is very good quality and doesn't get a glare, the speakers are outstanding, beating laptops twice or thrice the price of this little netbook, the bluetooth works well and if you stick an extra gig of RAM in as recommended, it really is a nippy little netbook.

However Windows 7 is appalling! As soon as I can be bother I am going to remove it and put on Windows XP SP3. Windows 7 Starter won't let me install Flash, keeps hanging, seems to want more security updates than my other Windows Machine and is generally a severely castrated OS. It's as though MS have made Windows 7 so bad that you'll want to pay extra to upgrade to a proper version.

Great netbook. Terrible OS.

Shakespeare Deluxe Rucksack Chair - Brown/Green
Shakespeare Deluxe Rucksack Chair - Brown/Green
Price: 25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 3 Jan 2012
I bought this for my father for Christmas and it's pretty good. Solid construction, good quality thick canvas and no fraying or lose ends that one other reviewer mentioned. For the price I Am more than happy with it but more importantly so is my father.

EzyDog Neo Dog Collar, Large, Red
EzyDog Neo Dog Collar, Large, Red
Price: 14.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy collar, 28 Dec 2011
Well made and tough collar, no loose threads or frayed ends.

The soft lining of the collar also elevates some of the pressure on the dogs neck when he pulls.

Has yet to fade... people must be washing it on a hot wash or something stupid. I simply periodically wash it in cold soapy water and hang it on the line to dry.

Razer Pro Solutions Pro Pad
Razer Pro Solutions Pro Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime Mouse Pad!, 13 Nov 2011
Firstly I'd like to thank Sapient Computers Ltd. I ordered this late one night and it came the very next day, courtesy of Royal Mail. I didn't expect it to arrive for several days because the P&P was free and many sellers like to take the cheapest possible method of sending you your purchase.

Right onto the mouse pad it's self:

It came in well protected, strong, cardboard box that and was packed with foam inside it, ensuring that the mouse pad arrives in perfect condition with not a blemish on it. The pad has two surfaces, one slightly rough with a slight crystal like spark to it, the other is much smoother but still has a texture to it that too slightly sparkles. I prefer the smooth surface for day to day use, simply because my mouse (Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse / 5600dpi) is quieter when moving across it. But I prefer the rougher side for other tasks which I will explain later on. The mouse pad has four little rubber feet in each corner that stop it from sliding about (it is also quite heavy despite being made of aluminum so it wasn't likely to move anyway!) on your desktop. There is an exposed aluminum border, about 1/8" wide, that surrounds the outside of each surface. The border is burnished and slightly curved as not to leave any sharp edges. The photos do not this mouse pad justice, it's really quite an aesthetic thing to look at; who'd have thought that a mouse pad could be a well engineered and designed product? You'd be forgiven for thinking it was designed by Philippe Starck or some German design firm.

The two different surfaces:

When gaming, (mainly Battlefield 3) I prefer the rough surface as it gives me higher precision when sniping or moving my mouse by tiny increments to get the crosshairs in place for that difficult shot. It took a little getting used to at first because I was used to over compensating on my old 1 Ikea mouse pad that dragged the mouse and made find movements quite erratic. Recently I have found that if I use the smooth surface for flying helicopters and moving the turret in tanks I get a more fluid feel that also lends it's self to my next favourite thing about the mousepad.

I am a graphic designer by profession and immediately I found it easier to create clipping masks and vector paths with higher precision on this pad using the rough surface in Adobe Illustrator. But when I require a more fluid movement I simply flip it over and use the smoother surface to get an even distribution and finer flow in Photoshop because my mouse glides so fluidly over the smooth side (just as it does when flying the helicopter / tank turret I explained above). But I am sure that most people will find their own favourite surface and stick with that one. There's no real need to flip it over as it works extremely well which ever surface you choose.

Final thoughts:

This pad is simply the best accessory I have bought for my computer in a long time, it's up there with USB keyrings etc. I'd never of thought for an instant I'd consider a mouse pad sexy or think of a mouse pad in such a favourable way! Finally for 20 you can't go wrong. Why pay all that money for other "professional gaming" mouse pads which are made out of rubber, you're really only paying for the logo printed on it. This on the other hand is the perfect example of good design.

Love it! :)

Plantronics GameCom 367 Closed Ear Gaming Headset
Plantronics GameCom 367 Closed Ear Gaming Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Headsets three times the price!, 1 Aug 2011
Amazon or Plantronics must be selling these at a loss.

When I first looked at these online I skipped them immediately because they were cheap. And as is so often the case, cheap means rubbish! But not in this instance, cheap means excellent build quality, superior sound, deep bass, and a very comfy headset. These are better than any pair of Sony' headphones I've owned.

I'd quite happily pay [] for this headset such is the quality of it. My only niggle is that the treble and higher end sounds can be a little harsh on the ear but a quick tweak of the EQ can remedy that.

Do yourself a favour, don't bother with Trust, Logitech or Creative. Just get these, you won't be disappointed unless you're a real audiophile-sad-sack :D

Trust MC-1200 PC Microphone
Trust MC-1200 PC Microphone
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Skype and a bit of gaming, 24 July 2011
I don't like having a headset mic when using Skype or using Team-Speak, so I bought this. It does the job perfectly well - I mean you're not going to be able to record a kitten break wind or the orgasmic shreaks of a shrew in the throws of passion but it's perfectly suitable for occasional ordinary computer use. In fact the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it's not very heavy so moves about on your desk (if you're as clumsy as me), some suction feet would sort that problem out Mr. Trust, if you're listening.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2013 8:42 AM GMT

The Heroes
The Heroes
by Joe Abercrombie BA
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 20 July 2011
This review is from: The Heroes (Hardcover)
Quite simply the best fantasy I have read for years... and if anyone has been watching or read The Game of Thrones then you'll see a nod to that!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5