Profile for Neil. > Reviews

Content by Neil.

Neil.

Rexel SmartCut A100 Rotary Trimmer Personal Cuts 300mm for 5x 80gsm Area 300x125mm A4 Ref 2101961

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the best!, 15 Jun 2012
After having this trimmer for a few months I can safely say it does a poor job compared to other trimmers that I have used. Buy a Dahle, even though they are double the money.

Topeak Joe Blow Sport II Track Pump
Topeak Joe Blow Sport II Track Pump
Offered by Dennis Winter leven ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike Pump that works well., 29 May 2012
Excellent pump, did my daughters mountain bike from almost completely flat in about a dozen strokes. It comes with several tyre/ball fittings too. Highly recommended.

Canon PIXMA MX435 All-In-One Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)
Canon PIXMA MX435 All-In-One Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 23 April 2012
Just had this printer a week and was easy to set-up with wi-fi to my Sony laptop which prints photo's and documents with ease. My Samsung Jet mobile phone prints with it via bluetooth with no problems also. With my Ipad2, however, things are a little different: it will easily print a photo through the Canon Easyprint app but will not print a document (or photo) with airprint. It always comes up with 'printer not found' for some reason and I believe this is a common problem with airprint printers according to other people's reviews. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Still, the Canon MX435 does a fine job with documents and photo's, copies and scans well too. For the money, highly recommended.

Canon Professional Photo Paper 20Sheet A3
Canon Professional Photo Paper 20Sheet A3

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent paper, 28 Jan 2012
Just recently received this paper from Amazon in fine condition, unlike the previous reviewer, so any damaged from before must now be sorted out. Excellent photographic paper, the best in the Canon fine art range.

Canon PIXMA Pro 9500 Mark II (A3+ Printer, 4800 X 2400 dpi) Printer
Canon PIXMA Pro 9500 Mark II (A3+ Printer, 4800 X 2400 dpi) Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected., 30 April 2011
After having this printer for two years, I can only praise the quality of the prints. However, when I do a direct side-by-side comparison ( via Pictbridge) with my Canon i990 A4 printer using my Canon 5d Mark II, then I have to say the i990 photo is always just slightly better. While Canon say that printing off through a laptop using the Canon Digital Photo Pro (using 'plug in printing') produces better photos, I have to disagree; I have done many tests and there is no difference to printing that way compared to Pictbridge. Also, when I have visited the Canon stand at Photo-fairs and seen their 'examples' from the printer, the quality/finish of my photos are never as good as theirs. The specialists in my local photographic retailer say 'nobody ever does get them like they do', it's as though they've 'done something' with them somewhere down the line. Having said that, I still recommend the 9500II if you need to print the A3 size, but if A4 is adequate then I would advise you to seek out a Canon i990 for a lot less money.

Canon Pixma PRO 9500 MARK II Inkjet Colour Printer
Canon Pixma PRO 9500 MARK II Inkjet Colour Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected., 29 April 2011
I've had this printer at least a couple of years now and have not had any problems with it and can recommend it for its quality of printing. Having said that, my Canon i990 A4 printer produces slightly better quality prints when I do a direct comparison, side by side, from any photo's from my Canon 5d Mark II. At photo-fairs, etc., when visiting the Canon stand and viewing their 'examples', there is no chance of recreating their quality of picture/finish on my 9500 II at home later. The specialists at my local camera shop agree with me on this; maybe the Canon people do something with them on a computer first? Also, I have never found any difference with the quality of prints with printing off through a laptop using Canon's Digital Photo Pro (via the 'plug in printing') or printing off via Pictbridge direct from the camera. If you need to do A3 size then I recommend this printer. However, if A4 is enough, then seek out a Canon i990 for a lot less money.

AAA Lastolite Ezybox Softbox 90cm 2490
AAA Lastolite Ezybox Softbox 90cm 2490

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit., 23 April 2011
Used this a couple of times now and I highly recommend it for the nice, even, soft light it gives off. My Canon Speedlite 580II fits perfectly as most others of similar size would too.