Profile for Lancaster Lucy > Reviews

Content by Lancaster Lucy

Lancaster Lucy (Norfolk, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
High Tide
High Tide
by Veronica Henry

5.0 out of 5 stars Cornish Happiness, 12 April 2016
This review is from: High Tide (Paperback)
The second of Veronica's books that I have read and thoroughly enjoyed. It tells the story of number of characters living in the Cornish village of Pennfleet. Each of these people have experienced a sadness in their life, but as the story goes on everything turns out ok for them. It's an easy reading book and each chapter flows along lovely. Great for those who enjoy the feel good factor. I loved it!

The Beekeeper's Daughter
The Beekeeper's Daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Passion, Pure Perfection., 20 Mar. 2016
What a fantastic book. It's passionate, it's heart wrenching and pure perfection. It's the second book I have read by this author (the first being The French Gardener) and I am totally hooked. This story is beautiful. Please read. If you love a book with twists and turns, you will adore this!

My Husband Next Door
My Husband Next Door
by Catherine Alliott

5.0 out of 5 stars A hilareous and thoroughly enjoyable read., 13 Jan. 2016
This review is from: My Husband Next Door (Paperback)
I love this book and I think this Author is brilliant. I found it a bit slow going at first, but wow what a read! It tells the story of Ella and Sebastian's withering marriage, on an isolated farm deep in the Cotswolds and the stormy relationship between Ella's Mother and Father. It was full of strong powerful characters, including Ella and Sebastian's, outspoken, lazy children (I wanted to throttle them) and Ella's head strong Mother Sylvia (a real old dragon). The story is quite humane but what I loved about it more than anything was the fact that it was packed full of humour. I laughed so much that I woke my Hubby up on numerous occasions. I have already started another of this Authors books. Thanks you Catherine for keeping me so entertained.

The French Gardener
The French Gardener
by Santa Montefiore

5.0 out of 5 stars Every human emotion rolled into one book!, 12 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The French Gardener (Paperback)
This is the first book I have read by this author and I am so impressed. I am not a fan of romantic novels, but this book almost over took my life for the week I spent reading it. I found myself continuously making cups of tea so that I had the excuse to read another chapter. The description of the beautiful gardens and being so close to nature was so emotional, you feel as though you are actually living amongst the characters. It has everything, passion, desire, humour and sadness. I cried throughout the last two chapters with sadness and happiness. Its just a beautiful novel and I'm looking forward to reading more of Santa's books!

East of India Sticker Sheet x 35 - Homemade / Handmade / Knitted
East of India Sticker Sheet x 35 - Homemade / Handmade / Knitted
Offered by Emily Rose Interiors

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Jan. 2015
Lovely stickers and they look gorgeous on my finished products!

Peppa Pig Deluxe Playhouse
Peppa Pig Deluxe Playhouse
Offered by House of Animals

5.0 out of 5 stars My Grandson LOVED this. He played with it all over Christmas ..., 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Peppa Pig Deluxe Playhouse (Toy)
My Grandson LOVED this. He played with it all over Christmas and nobody was allowed anywhere near it. I did feel that it was bit flimsy, but need not have worried, it stood up to some hard playing!

The Only Way is Up
The Only Way is Up
by Carole Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Matthews Classic!, 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Only Way is Up (Paperback)
Wow what a treat. In the usual Carole Matthews style, the book was loving, funny, humane and expertly written. Each chapter flows nicely in to the next one and always keeps you yearning to read more and more! The story is basically about a very well to do family who suddenly fall on hard times (oh if only politcions would do this) and are bought back down to earth with a grotty house on a grotty estate, with neighbours that they wouldnt have gone anywhere near in their previous lifestyle.

However although they are initially full of despair, they learn a few lessons in life and begin to realise that there is more to life than money. I did think that the old rotting car in the back garden that the kids played in might have been a very expensive classic and that would be their first piece of financial luck!
Its a MUST read for everyone.

The Christmas Party (Christmas Fiction)
The Christmas Party (Christmas Fiction)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer christmas indulgence!, 24 Dec. 2014
Oh my goodness if ever there was a Christmas party I would love to attend, it would have been this one! It's one of the funniest books I have ever read and in sheer Carole Matthews style has a happy ending. The heroine Louise's boss is a real hard and chauvinistic guy and gets his comeuppance in so many ways that I nearly felt sorry for him. By the end of every chapter I w as itching to read more. Please read this book its hilarious and brilliant.

Tim's House
Tim's House

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beautiful voice and a brilliant CD, 28 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Tim's House (Audio CD)
My first kate Walsh cd and won't be my last. What a beautiful voice and a brilliant CD.

Discoball® Womens Hair Removal Epilator Shaver - No More Tweezers - Wizzit
Discoball® Womens Hair Removal Epilator Shaver - No More Tweezers - Wizzit
Offered by COBI

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Nov. 2014
Love this little machine. It does exactly what it says and is very reasonable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5