Profile for Zoe Sheridan > Reviews

Content by Zoe Sheridan

Zoe Sheridan (Barnsley, South Yorkshire)

Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book
Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book
by Annabel Karmel

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Annabel as always!!, 21 May 2009
I think this may be the book to help my daughter bypass some of her fussiness with food.
She is still very unsure about some meats but I have managed to get chicken down her in different forms and I have also converted her to fish as she enjoyed coating fish in cornflakes and thought it was really yummy.

Carol Deacon's Party Cakes for Children
Carol Deacon's Party Cakes for Children
by Carol Deacon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 21 May 2009
Really good cake book. My kids have picked out about 4 cakes each for their next birthdays! It has some amazing ideas. Would definitely recommend

A Lark in the Ark: A Loopy Lift-the-flap Book
A Lark in the Ark: A Loopy Lift-the-flap Book
by Peter Bently

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd one!!, 21 May 2009
My children love this book so much that this is the 2nd one as the first has been "loved" so much it is no longer readable!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2010 5:48 PM BST

Deceptively Delicious: Sneaky Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Foods
Deceptively Delicious: Sneaky Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Foods
by Jessica Seinfeld
Edition: Hardcover-spiral

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 May 2009
I haven't actually cooked anything from this but was looking for ways to get my daughter to expand her "will eat" foods and this is not the book for it. I do not have the time to make thousands of purees to sneak veg into her food as she will eat veg anyway. I was hoping it might actually give ideas of how to convince her to eat other things but clearly that isn't the case.
Very disappointing.

The Top 100 Recipes of Healthy Lunchbox: Easy and Exciting Ideas for Your Child's Lunches
by Nicola Graimes
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 21 May 2009
My daughter starts reception in January and is a fussy eater so I was looking for ideas to expand on the things she will eat and try some things before she has to take them to school and this book has provided me with many ideas. She is very keen to try them too.
Overall an excellent book

Eat Well, Lose Weight, While Breastfeeding: The Complete Nutrition Book for Nursing Mothers
by Eileen Behan

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 May 2009
Was looking for more of a recipe book with ideas for how to eat a healthy balanced meal to ensure the right nutrients were getting to my baby but it is more of an instructional guide on your calorie intake and I just didn't find it helpful.
A healthy eating recipe book would be better.

Rachel's Diary 2009
Rachel's Diary 2009
by Rachel Allen
Edition: Diary

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected from Rachel, 21 May 2009
This review is from: Rachel's Diary 2009 (Diary)
I have many of Rachel's books and thought this would be great as was in need of a diary and the idea of having some recipes to go with it and ideas for each month sounded great but there aren't as many recipes as I was expecting and it very much is a diary. It has been donated to the charity shop now.

Hanging Baskets (RHS Practicals)
Hanging Baskets (RHS Practicals)
by Dorling Kindersley

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative but not quite what I was looking for, 21 May 2009
Very informative but I was looking for a bit more direction as to what I should plant and what would work together.
A good book overall though.

The Herb Garden Specialist (Specialist Series)
The Herb Garden Specialist (Specialist Series)
by Alan Bridgewater

5.0 out of 5 stars Very thorough and concise guide for growing herbs, 21 May 2009
Explains all different types of herb gardens and goes through the majority of herbs in detail as to how to use them etc.
Very informative and worth the money if you are looking to grow a herb garden.

Hooked On Phonics Fun Learn to Read Level 2 Reading Programme
Hooked On Phonics Fun Learn to Read Level 2 Reading Programme
Offered by Angela's Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous tool to teach your child to read, 21 May 2009
My daughter has quickly progressed through Level 1 and moved onto Level 2 which is more difficult. I am enjoying teaching her to read with this scheme although do find the CD is a little fast for her at times and in other places is a little slow so I tend to listen to it alone and then do the work with her later as it gets a little annoying for her at times.
Overall very good though.