Profile for Mike Hendon > Reviews

Content by Mike Hendon

Mike Hendon "Colonel Hall" (London U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bowers & Wilkins A5 Wireless Music System B&W
Bowers & Wilkins A5 Wireless Music System B&W

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed!, 26 Aug. 2015
I have had this product for a year now and have managed to put up with the occasional droop off. Now, my iTunes does not recognise it, each time I turn it on. I now have to do a factory reset every time I want to use it. I have looked for information about this on the internet, but am no clearer as to why this happens. I also notice that there are many customers who have similar problems. Fortunately, I have a spare Apple Express, which I plug into the A7. Works fine, but that is not what I paid for.

1989
1989

3.0 out of 5 stars All I can say is that I find it a shame to see young artists like this all reduced to pumping out the same sound ..., 17 Jun. 2015
This review is from: 1989 (Audio CD)
A bit unfair to expect me to review this, as it was a present for my granddaughter. All I can say is that I find it a shame to see young artists like this all reduced to pumping out the same sound via modern production values. I appreciate that Taylor Swift does not have to remain in the Country field forever, but I thought that the more simple and clear production of the earlier album was far better. I had similar thoughts about the latest Lily Allen CD. I soon got tired of the brash electronic production style.

Herga 6442-OC Actuator Push Button
Herga 6442-OC Actuator Push Button

5.0 out of 5 stars Flush Perfect!, 17 Jun. 2015
There was I thinking that I had a major plumbing job on my hands. Simple connection, installed in minutes. Toilet now working 100%

VLC for Fire
VLC for Fire

3.0 out of 5 stars What does it do?, 17 Jun. 2015
This review is from: VLC for Fire (App)
O.K. I get it! It plays media files. I've got it on my Mac and it works well. What I don't get, is how does it work with my Fire Stick? Where are the files?
As far as I can tell, one cannot load files on to the Fire Stick, so where do they go? So far, I have had no joy in streaming files from my computer, as the picture quality is poor and the sound is a few seconds behind. I don't suppose that there is a way to load a file on to the stick, and playing from there, or is there?

Time of Death (Tom Thorne Novels)
Time of Death (Tom Thorne Novels)
by Mark Billingham

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheapskates!, 19 May 2015
Taking Thorn away from Kentish Town just did not work for me. The focus on the relationships between Tom, Helen and her old school chum were dire. I kept waiting for the murder mystery to spark, but it never did really. In the meantime I kept thinking about how two middle class detectives allowed themselves to be put up by complete strangers without once offering to take them out for a meal or buying them some wine. Iin the meantime, a poor girl is missing and the police show no urgency about finding her. Just not credible at all.

The Complete Guide to Sony's Alpha 6000 Digital Camera
The Complete Guide to Sony's Alpha 6000 Digital Camera

2.0 out of 5 stars it is pretty useless with no way of searching for information, 31 Jan. 2015
Where is the contents page? Where is the index? Alhough this looks to be just the kind of book that I needed, it is pretty useless with no way of searching for information.

SureFire G2 Nitrolon - Single-Output Incandescent High Intensity Tactical Torch - 2012 Model (65 Lumens/1 Hour) G2-BK Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Money down the drain, 14 Dec. 2013
Although the torch worked well initially, the batteries seemed to die quite quickly. I can no longer get replacements for the original batteries and so bought Panasonic CR123s instead. They did not work. Could be the batteries, but I suspect that it is the torch. I shall not be trhowing good money after bad, so that's it!

Manfrotto 709B Mini Table Top Tripod - Black
Manfrotto 709B Mini Table Top Tripod - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but valuable., 31 Mar. 2013
I love using a tripod, but it is sometimes inconvenient to carry around the full size model. This little puppy fits into your pocket and can swing into action at the drop of a hat. I've used it standing on walls, tables and the floor. A great product, but expensive, so only four stars.

Speedo Adult Speedsocket Goggles Black/Smoke 1 Size
Speedo Adult Speedsocket Goggles Black/Smoke 1 Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit. They do the trick., 31 Mar. 2013
Goggles need to fit, stay on and keep out the water. That's what these do, so I'm happy. Quick delivery and good price. Nice!

Mastering the Nikon D7000
Mastering the Nikon D7000

5.0 out of 5 stars Explores the D7000 in depth., 31 Mar. 2013
Gives detailed explanations and tips that don't come with the manual. Kindle version is excellent for the iPad. No need to cart a heavy book around. Have already learned new things about my camera, thanks to this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3