Profile for Chriss86 > Reviews

Chriss86 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids love them, 31 Dec. 2013
Loved these as a kid and hadn't seen them in years. At 40p delivered couldn't say no to a few boxes for both the kids and myself (being a big kid). Had a good hour of fun and they work even better in the dark. Missed on on 5 stars as the packs did come a bit squashed and there were a number of duds but there were more than enough in the pack to make up for it.

Tetra APS300 Air Pump
Tetra APS300 Air Pump

3.0 out of 5 stars Pumps a lot of air but very noisy, 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Tetra APS300 Air Pump (Misc.)
Had one of the smaller versions of this pump in the past and found it to be a very quiet and reliable pump. This one does a very good job pumping a large amount of air into our big tank, however it seems very noisy and can be heard in the adjoining rooms quite clearly.

Masterplug 13 A 5 m 4-Gang Extension Lead - White
Masterplug 13 A 5 m 4-Gang Extension Lead - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to do, 31 Dec. 2013
Nice long lead for those who need it, has been working fine for over a month without issue. Would suit someone who needs to run a lead around the room and needs extra sockets.

Pyle-Pro PDWM2100 Wireless 2 Microphone VHF System
Pyle-Pro PDWM2100 Wireless 2 Microphone VHF System
Offered by Thompsons Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked once then never again, 31 Dec. 2013
Bought these as they were the only ones I could delivered in time from Amazon for an upcoming event. I tested them as soon as they arrived and they all seemed to work fine but one of the mics failed on the second test before the event and left me having to chase around for a replacement set.

Would not recommend these to anyone as nearly ruined the entire event.

Akasa AK-ICR-11 Internal Six Slot Card Reader with Bluetooth
Akasa AK-ICR-11 Internal Six Slot Card Reader with Bluetooth
Offered by Rapid Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Minor Flaws, Great for Gaming, 4 Nov. 2013
My main goal of purchasing this was to use the Bluetooth to pair my PS3 controller to my PC without wires and replace my broken card reader to boot. I read the reviews on here and was dubious about the quality of the product and how well it would perform, especially the fact that the Bluetooth wouldn't work at the same time as having an SD card inserted.

Installation was easy enough but this is where I ran into my first problem as there must have been conflicting issues with the previous card reader as the SD cards would not show up. As I was re-installing Windows so this was not much of an issue but I would say if you are replacing an existing card reader make sure you remove all traces of the old reader first. The Bluetooth on mine works with my controller whether there is an SD card plugged in or not and pairing it using MotioninJoy was a breeze. It seems though that you cannot read a M2 & PRO Duo card at the same time as it will only read the first card plugged in.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CPU, 26 Aug. 2013
If you're not interested in overclocking then this is not the CPU for you, save some money and get the non K version.

Compared even to the newest Intel generation (Haswell) this CPU still holds it's own once overclocked. Mine has easily overclocked 4.2GHz on the stock cooler and temps at idle are in the mid 30's, with an aftermarket cooler this can easliy be pushed to 4.5GHz and beyond.

The quality of the the thermal paste under the lid can sometimes be hit and miss and friends of mine have had trouble with temps whilst overclocking and will always come down to some luck in how far you can overclock any chip. For gaming this is about as good as any CPU you can buy and performance wise will be almost as good as an i7. Paired with a high end performance graphics card and you can run pretty much any game in max settings.

AsRock Z77 Extreme6 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z77, Up to 32GB DDR3, ATX, USB 3.0, 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great motherboard for the price, 26 Aug. 2013
I did a lot of research before deciding on which motherboard I wanted. This has plenty of connectivity with a multitude of ports and the added inclusion of a front or rear mountable USB3 panel with 2 ports. There are plenty of options in the BIOS for various tweak and overclocking is a simple process and I've easily overclocked my i5 3570k to 4.2Ghz with a couple of clicks.

Duronic TVB103M Super Heavy Duty Premium Lockable Black Universal 33"-65" LCD/Plasma/LED/3D/4K TV Wall Mount Bracket Tilt with [Security Locking Bar] - Max VESA 600 x 400
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Why spend more?, 13 July 2013
This is an amazing bracket especially when you compare it's price to the much costlier high street equivalents. I have had my fairly heavy LG LCD TV mounted to this bracket for 18 months and its still as strong as the day I put it up. Comes with a wide variety of bolts, washers and spacers and I had no trouble finding the bolts I needed to fit to my TV. Also comes with the wall mounting fixings but be aware you will need to buy specialist fixings for stud walls.

VonHaus LCD, LED & Plasma Slim TV Wall Tilt Bracket Black Fits Most Models - (23 - 42") Load Capacity 75Kg, 10°/ +15° tilt
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Deceivingly strong for such a cheap bracket, 13 July 2013
I have previously purchased the larger version of this for my 42in TV so knew what I was getting. Still find it amazing how well this is made and how cheap it is compared to some brackets out there. Have had my TV on the wall for well over a year on this bracket and could not recommend it more. Comes a a wide variety of fixings which even managed to fit to my no name brand TV, will need extra fixings from your local DIY store if you need to mount it to a stud wall and I would say make sure you read up on the correct way to mount it.

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones for those who break them often, 13 July 2013
Being one of these people who mistreat their headphones and usually end up buying a pair every other month, I can highly recommend these. Sound quality is good, not tinny like some cheap pairs, they have decent depth and for the price I personally don't think you can get much better. They stand up to continued abuse of being chucked in my pocket, bag or wrapped around my phone.

Page: 1 | 2