Profile for NomeDePlume > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Silverline 467430 Bypass Lopping Shears 535mm
Silverline 467430 Bypass Lopping Shears 535mm

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very sharp, 30 Mar 2014
Strong, lightweight, easy to use, but not sharp. It tackled my overgrown rose bush well, but tore through the branches instead of making a clean cut.

MOFRED® Purple Luxury Multi Function Standby Case with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake feature for the Google Nexus 7 Tablet Android 4.1 Jellybean 8GB /16GB/32GB / 3G HSPA+ - Second Updated Version w/Sleep Sensor + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen (Available in Mutiple Colors)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Still going solid, 17 July 2013
I bought this for my Nexus 7, and even months on it appears to be in pristine condition! The quality is great: the stitching, the velcro, the camera hole, the pen that comes with it, no colour fade - all is great. I took off one star for the fact that the Nexus slides about a bit (a very TINY bit, mind you), but other than that, it's brilliant. And purple. Did I mention the purple?

Trixie Cat Litter Tray Bags, 46  59 cm, 10 Pieces
Trixie Cat Litter Tray Bags, 46 59 cm, 10 Pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Big enough to put my cat in..., 17 July 2013
Not that I would! They fit the Cat It Jumbo litter pan with ease, and saved my tray from possible numerous side-sticking doodies. They're robust and last a fair while too. Love them!

Braun Silk-épil 7 7381 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 2 Attachments
Braun Silk-épil 7 7381 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 2 Attachments
Offered by Iwantabox Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Ouch! Effective., 17 July 2013
It works. It really, really works. It grabs all but the smallest of hairs (not quite up to that 'grain of sand' claim, but close enough), and lasts a fair while on a single charge. The smartlight is brilliant, lighting up whatever the UK 'sun' fails to reveal. It's fairly easy to clean, and doesn't sound as scary-loud as epilators used to, back in the day. It's comfortable to use, although the only head I've found to be reliable is the one pictured, with the wheels, as the others tended to get stuck and spring back into place, which was no fun.

Overall it's a solid purchase and one that I'm glad I sprung for - I have no real hangups with it at all.

Cat Mate Pet Fountain
Cat Mate Pet Fountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh happy day!, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Cat Mate Pet Fountain (Misc.)
Having never purchased a fountain before, but having a ton of thirsty cats and no time to constantly airlift them to the bathroom sink, I cautiously purchased this fountain as it did not seem to be too expensive...

...and I was pleasantly surprised. It's a doddle to put together, and it keeps the water clean, fresh and cool for my furry pals. It did take a couple of 'demonstrations' for my cats to get the idea, but I haven't been bugged since (apart from by one cat, who's...a few books short of a library, I could say and even he uses the fountain when he knows that he has no other choice). The filters last a fair while and are quite cheap, and DO keep the water clean. I used to have a cup down for my cats and I found that this collected all sorts of detritus, daily, from excess fur to anything that's stuck on their whiskers after a roll in the dirt, but with the Cat Mate, I no longer have this problem.

I'm truly thankful that something I purchased is actually reliable!

Groov-e GV897/BE Kids DJ Style Streetz Headphones with Volume Control - Blue
Groov-e GV897/BE Kids DJ Style Streetz Headphones with Volume Control - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh headphones, how do I love thee?, 17 July 2013
Let me count the ways:

They're stunning to look at. They're beautifully comfortable. They fit my small head with ease (yet have plenty of room to expand, should it be needed). They're robust. They are discreet - I can listen to something without disturbing my fellow man. And they have BASS. And all of this for the bargain price of (around) £10!

I am a casual user - I listen to something daily, and sometimes for long periods of time, and each time I use them I get a little glow inside from having purchased such a gem that people frequently mistake for 'Beatz' headphones - not sure why they do that...

Don't get me wrong, if you are a headphone connoisseur then you may not want these as your aural tastes are probably way too refined for us average joes to give you an accurate review of their performance. I, however, am over the moon.

A brilliant all-rounder, well worth my money.

Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray / Litter Box, 57 x 46 x 43cm - White Tiger Pattern

5.0 out of 5 stars I never thought I'd love a litter tray..., 17 July 2013
As the title says, I never thought I'd love a litter tray up until I bought this beauty! As far as looks go it's pretty bland, and the zebra print detail doesn't really do much for me, but what this tray has done for my life is nothing short of amazing. Let me explain:

I have three cats who have always used the great outdoors to go loo, up until a few months ago, when, one by one, they started destroying the house. It wasn't their fault as they were each diagnosed with different illnesses that unfortunately meant that when they had to go, but for someone not used to scooping litter at all, having three cats frequently using a small tray at unpredictable hours of the day did not a happy owner make.

Cue this big boy! Granted, it takes a HECK of a lot of litter to fill it up, but BOY does it last! I use this tray in conjunction with large litter liners and clumping cat litter (average brand, from my local supermarket), and it suits all three cats for approx. a week or two. The litter depth means that whilst my cats are happily burying their refuse, they don't reach the bottom of the tray, so it doesn't stick to the sides (whilst the liners and the clumping litter do even more to prevent this). The large size means that even my largest boy (a 6kg monster) can happily tuck his whole body in and manoeuvre whilst he does his business - he even has room to spare! One of my cats is an energetic digger - she literally flings the litter outside of the box when she digs, but with this box that isn't a problem.

I don't mean to say that I leave the litter for a week, but with a single scooping in the morning it'll last until nightfall, and vice versa, and with regular top-ups, it lasts the week. Again, with three cats using it.

I took the door off, as I don't think that the cats could quite figure out what to do with it, and overall it made the space seem quite claustrophobic for them - I think that was a design idea more for us humans than for the cats.

Overall, I hope that I have described a simple yet brilliant litterbox, one well worth the money.

Flystone® iPhone 5 Blue 3D Rain Drops Design Hybrid Hard Case Cover + Free Screen Protector

1.0 out of 5 stars It's not hybrid in the slightest, 17 July 2013
This case is lovely: it's aesthetically pleasing and well made, however, my only gripes are that the bubbles make it uncomfortable to hold, and that it is not a hybrid case, despite being advertised as such. It's just plastic.

Bundle Monster Barnes & Noble Nook Touch Vinyl Skin Art Decal Sticker - Lotus of Peace

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but not really practical, 17 July 2013
Despite being a rather pretty product, the cover does not adhere to the nook very well and if I had only this cover without anything else to protect the nook, I believe it would go downhill rather fast in that it would gather dust, the edges would curl up and make holding the nook an uncomfortable exercise.

CaseGuru Barnes and Noble Nook Simple Touch 6 Inch LCD Crystal Clear Screen Protector Screen Film Screen Cover including Microfiber Cleaning Cloth (1 Pack)
Offered by Case Guru

5.0 out of 5 stars It's got it covered, 17 July 2013
It does exactly what it says on the tin. Easy to fit, and quite cheap too, although having bought it, I do question the wisdom behind buying a screen protector for the nook, whose matt finish doesn't really need protecting.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2013 12:08 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2