Profile for M. van der Merwe > Reviews

Content by M. van der Merwe

M. van der Merwe (Carshalton, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth Mono Headset - Black
Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth Mono Headset - Black
Offered by London Deals

2.0 out of 5 stars Very uncomfortable!, 25 July 2014
I reviewed a lot of bluetooth headsets before settling on the Plantronics Voyager Legend, since it received very good reviews. I also purchased the Plantronics Marque 2 a few months ago and was quite happy with it. But the Voyager Legend is very uncomfortable. I have tried all 3 eartips, with and without the little black sponges, but after about 15 minutes my ear starts to go numb because of the pressure of the headset inside and around my ear. So I cannot use the headset for too long.

Also, it is not easy to fit this around my ear, so I have been missing calls because it takes too long to fix the headset around my ear, and by then the caller has put the phone down. So I will be going back to the Marque 2, which is a pity because the call quality on the Voyager Legend is not too bad.

Satechi ® R1 Multi-Angle Hinge Holder Portable Stand for Tablets 7-10 inch, E-readers and Smartphones, Cast Aluminium Body, Compatible for Apple iPads iPad Air, iPad Mini / New iPad Mini, iPhone 6, 5S 5C 5 4S 4; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Tab 3 Tab 4 , Note 8.0 10.1, S5, S4, S3, S2,Galaxy S4 S5; Google Nexus 4,7,10; Asus EeePad Transformer, New HTC One (M8),Lenovo Tab
Offered by SATECHI

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - just what I wanted for my desk, 28 Feb 2014
This Arm Hinge works very well. It keeps the iPad in front of me for easy access and is made from very high quality materials. I am very glad I found this stand after reading many reviews of other stands. And the options for adjusting the angles are numerous.

MediaDevil Magicwand 2-in-1 Capacitive Touchscreen Stylus (Professional Ballpoint Pen edition, Green) for Apple iPad 1, 2, 3, 4 & Air / iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5C & 5S / Samsung Galaxy range / Google Nexus range / ASUS / HTC / Nokia / BlackBerry / Microsoft (see compatibility list)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than I expected., 26 Jan 2014
Long time ago I received a rubber tipped stylus and the experience was not great, so I was quite sceptical about buying this pen/stylus. But it wasn't expensive and I used a gift voucher to pay and didn't have a lot to lose. But this stylus is very good. It moves very smoothly over the screen of my iPad mini with retina display and works great with all my writing apps. I am so glad I bought this pen and stylus combo and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good stylus.

AURAGLOW 8w LED E27 Screw Light Bulb, Daylight Cool White, 60w EQV
AURAGLOW 8w LED E27 Screw Light Bulb, Daylight Cool White, 60w EQV
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good LED Light bulb, 2 Nov 2013
I bought this LED Light bulb to replace another 'open' LED light, but this one is much better. It has no glare and distributes the light evenly across my study. I would definitely recommend this light bulb.

Plantronics Marque 2 M165 Bluetooth Mono Headset - Black
Plantronics Marque 2 M165 Bluetooth Mono Headset - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, easy to set up, comfortable and good sound, 14 Aug 2013
I bought this Plantronics Marque 2 to replace an old Jabra device and I couldn't be happier. This headset is very well made, very light (I sometimes forget that I even have it on), good sound quality (not excellent, but very good for what I used it for) and battery life is good (better than the previous device I had). I would highly recommend this.

TP-Link TL-WPA281KIT AV200 With 1 LAN port 300M Wireless N Powerline Extender Starter Kit
Offered by Kikatek

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating to use and it doesn't extend the wifi easily, 14 Aug 2013
I consider myself to be quite tech savvy, but this wifi extender turned out to be more difficult to set up than I originally thought. In my mind, an extender should take your current wifi and extend it to other parts of your house. I wanted to extend the wifi to the first floor of our house (router is situated at the front door on the ground floor and main bedroom at the back on the first floor). When you plug this extender in, it connects but creates its own wifi SSID (which you can change, but more to follow). When you move from the ground floor to the bedroom, you would then need to manually change the wifi on your laptop/device. If you change the name of the SSID to match your current wifi name, because the extender have a different IP and MAC address, it will either not automatically connect or it will take a few minutes to switch over. That makes it very difficult to get a proper wifi signal on the first floor and to access the internet. Most devices would rather hold on to the weak signal currently enabled, rather than automatically switch to the stronger signal upstairs. It is very frustrating and did not really do what the extender promised to accomplish.

7dayshop Tripod - 3 Section Aluminium Max Height 67cm. Small Tough and Fully Featured "Baby" Tripod with Case - Great for Travel, Walking and Close up Work
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 15 May 2013
So small and compact but very sturdy and made from very good material. And it was not very expensive at all.

XE-CREE E27 3*3 9W Dimmable LED Spotlight Bulb Cool White
XE-CREE E27 3*3 9W Dimmable LED Spotlight Bulb Cool White
Offered by The Warm Light Company Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Very bright but not dimmable, 15 May 2013
The light is nice and bright, has a nice white glow, which makes it perfect for my study. Unfortunately it did not work with any of the 3 dimmer switches we have at home, which is quite disappointing as that was one of the main reasons I bought this light bulb.

Update: I have used this LED light for a few months, but I had to replace it because it was too bright. Because the light concentrates in one spot it is not ideal for my study. Luckily other new LED Lights are available and much better.

BENQ 9H.J3C77.38U Joybee GP2 DLP Mini Projector 2400:1 200 Lumens 1280x800 0.56kg (UK Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but quite noisy, 7 April 2013
Very good little projector and great for the price, Using it in our living room to watch movies. It is a little bit noisier than I would like but for the price it is a decent projector.

Bose ® Bluetooth Headset Series 2 (Right) (discontinued by manufacturer)
Bose ® Bluetooth Headset Series 2 (Right) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best there is..., 7 Nov 2012
I own quite a few Bose headphone/earphone sets and to me they are the best sounding out of all the headphones and earphones I have tested over the years. Can't think of buying anything else that will be the same quality.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3