Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

King of Tokyo
King of Tokyo

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quick and fun game, 20 Mar. 2013
This review is from: King of Tokyo (Toy)
I bought this game to play with my 12 year old son to try and get him away from the PS3. He was not interested in "boring scrabble or monopoly" so I read about different games and settled on this, mainly because I thought the theme would appeal and it reviewed favourably.

The game works better with 3 players or more in my opinion as the two player game can sometimes be over a bit too quick so you don't always get into the cards and stuff but it is still playable with two. The monsters are all the same in that they have no individual identity other than the pictures on the scorecards and their representation in the playing area and there is a player elimination element which some people won't like. These are all minor gripes for me and there is an expansion that apparently adds a little bit more strategy, gives the monsters more of an individual identity and makes the 2 player game more fun so I will be looking to get that at some point.

If you are looking for deep strategy this is not that game. If you are looking for a light entertaining filler that doesn't take too long to play I would quite happily recommend it. The game has been a success in that my son is now interested in more in depth board games and will now quite happily ditch his PS3 controller for a handful of dice. We have had a lot of fun playing this and my partner and her 11 year old daughter also enjoy it.