Profile for Sandra Hulme > Reviews

HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer
HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer
Offered by GAbusiness

5.0 out of 5 stars great little printer!, 22 April 2014
This is a smashing little printer: very light and easy to store. I found it relatively easy to set up (I'm a technophobe!) and the print quality is excellent - I was expecting a bit of a 'chug chug' action, but it fairly shoots out the pages. If you want a nice, basic printer I can really recommend this.

The Host: A Thomas Carnacki Short Story
The Host: A Thomas Carnacki Short Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Carnacki Lives!, 4 May 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this chilling little ghost story, written as a tribute to the "Carnacki the Ghost Finder" stories of William Hope Hodgson.
A modern-day descendant of the famous psychic sleuth conducts his own investigation into a 'haunted' house mystery. The tale ends with a genuinely frightening scene.
I recommend this to anyone who loves the classic Victorian/Edwardian ghost detectvies such as Carnacki and John Silence. Although the setting is contemporary Glasgow, it could just as easily have been written as an adventure about the original Carnacki. The style and tone are excellent.
Please, Mr Graham, write more about Carnacki Junior!

The Battle for Gullywith
The Battle for Gullywith
by Susan Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting and Exciting!, 27 May 2008
I loved this book! Of course, with an author like Susan Hill, you know you're in for a 'good read' and her writing skills are second to none. The adventures of Ollie Brown and his friend KK really kept me on the edge of my seat - a real page-turner! The setting - steep fells and misty forests - is so atmospheric; and I particularly loved the little bookshop with its strange bookseller. There's magic enough for anyone - the character of Nonny Dreever, a gypsy/wood-spirit/enchanter, is brilliantly done. It reminded me (NOT because it copies: 'Gullywith' is totally original) of The Box of Delights by John Masefield, a book I've known and loved since I was a child. Go on - read it, and I guarantee you won't be disappointed! I hope Ms Hill turns this into a series, as I really need another 'tortoise fix'!