Profile for Olipop > Reviews

Content by Olipop

Olipop "Oli Cox" (New Zealand)

Page: 1 | 2
Suspended By Stars
Suspended By Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 28 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Suspended By Stars (Audio CD)
Wow!!! I really wasn't expecting much of this album, i had read some great reviews but i thought Miles must have sent the reviewers a bottle of whisky each. I didn't rate 'Escape From Rubbish Island' that highly but this album rocks. Right from the word go its like instant classic Wonder Stuff but bang up to date sounding at the same time. The new fiddle player is totally cool, its hard to say what this album sounds like compared to other their other albums cos it contains a little bit of all of them and something fresh too. I love it, the creative juices are still flowing. Its a shame this won't get the exposure of other newer guitar bands because it stands head and shoulders above a lot of other pants out there polluting the airwaves. I don't wanna go song by song or talk about Miles's famous sneer, the great production or the quality and freshness (sounds like a bunch of bananas!!) of the tunes from a band celebrating its 20th birthday. Just get this record. Its cool. You won't be disapointed.

Construction for..
Construction for..
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Very much underrated, 20 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Construction for.. (Audio CD)
When you hear Miles refer to this album as their terrible fourth album he is talking crap....this album wasn't popular for the band or the fans or the public and was released in the height of grunge ruling music. But, i personally rate this as their best album, everyone always says 'Hup' and "Groove Machine' and don't get me wrong those records rule and changed my life and saved me from being a metaller forever, however, nostalgia has allowed me to enjoy some hair metal once again cos i'm a parent now and i don't have to be cool. Anyway back to the point 'Construction' is a wicked album showing a darker more mature side to the stuffies, from what i understand they all hated Miles and where bored of the whole business when they made it and it kinda shows. Tracks like Cabin Fever, Wish Them All Dead, On The Ropes and Sing The Absurd are classics and i can't imagine my life without them. Bollocks to it Hush, Storm Drain and Hot Love Now are cool oh they are all cool and the bonus tracks on the remaster are cool. I just love the Stuffies plain and simple and I can't wait to get my greasy fingers on 'Suspended By Stars' CD and 'Welcome To The Cheap Seats' on DVD, my VHS copy has had it but, I have to wait cos i live in New Zealand now so I have to get it mailed to me by Amazon. Dunno why they put 'Professional Disturber of the Peace' on 'Love bites and bruises' it would have made an ace bonus track also when will we get the videos to 'On The Ropes', 'Hot Love Now!', 'Full Of Life' and 'Dizzy' on a DVD I don't think I have ever seen em are there videos to the newer tunes too??, and what about maybe a vintage live DVD with long hair and the bass thing, they must have stuff in the archives, they played the Reading fest in the late 80's with the bass thing there must be a tape of that gig from the video feed to the screens not just the dodgy audience filmed bootleg i picked up years ago. Anyway, enough of my wittering if you're a Stuffies fan you should own this album it rocks.

Page: 1 | 2