Profile for suecrain > Reviews

Content by suecrain

suecrain (u.k.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Bodies in the Beach (The DS Mary Miller Mysteries Book 1)
The Bodies in the Beach (The DS Mary Miller Mysteries Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable read., 11 Feb. 2015
An excellent story which held me engrossed right through. I hope the characters appear again in future stories, soon please!

Daily Painting: Paint Small and Often to Become a More Creative, Productive, and Successful Artist
by Carol Marine

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendously helpful and encouraging., 10 Jan. 2015
I have admired Carol Marine's painting for some time now, so I was delighted to be recommended this book that that she has published. I was even more delighted when it arrived and I found that she had packed it absolutely full of as much information and instruction as it was possible to do. She gives us everything of herself and lots more besides. The encouragement and enthusiasm to just get out the paints and brushes have a go is tremendously helpful. Thank you so much Carol.

The Oyster Catcher - a full-length romance novel
The Oyster Catcher - a full-length romance novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Atmosphere., 4 April 2014
I dont usually read romances, but this was enjoyable. I liked the atmosphere of the coast and the oyster farming business. Some of the characters were a bit unbelievable, or maybe I just dont get out enough, but still I liked the descriptions of the place. An easy read if you need one.

As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)
As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good Page Turner., 4 April 2014
This story picks you up at the first page and does not let go of you until the end. Very well written and a good story, perhaps just a bit too much of the climbing technicalities if you are a non-climber, but, on the other hand, a good insight into that sport.
Keep writing please.

Living Gluten Free - A Teenager's Guide to Coeliac Disease
Living Gluten Free - A Teenager's Guide to Coeliac Disease

3.0 out of 5 stars It is okay, but nothing really new here., 4 April 2014
Nothing here that has not been written more fully in other books, but if this is your first look at Coeliac information it is okay and gives a short start into the stuff you need to know. The fact that it is written by a teenager seems irrelevant, the problems are the same for all of us coeliacs.

The Riddle at Gipsy's Mile (An Angela Marchmont Mystery Book 4)
The Riddle at Gipsy's Mile (An Angela Marchmont Mystery Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Clara Benson stories., 4 April 2014
I love these stories by Clara Benson, they are so soothingly written and resolved. Set in England and in pre-war days they are the "comfortable murder mysteries" that are a joy to find. I hope more are published soon, I shall keep looking for them.

The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope, Book 1)
The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope, Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new here., 4 April 2014
This seems to be just a re-hash of a theme that has been done before and better. The author does not seem to have come up with anything new here, I could not finish the book as it was so predictable.

Rotary Women's Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Two Tone Stainless Steel Bracelet LB00231/01
Offered by Bang Trade

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice clear faced watch., 4 April 2014
I wanted a watch that I could read without my glasses or in low light. It had to have a white face and black hands, but I did not want a huge watch. I wanted a pretty comfortable bracelet strap, and a good make of watch without being too expensive. This fit all the requirements, it came very quickly too. I am very pleased with it, once I got the bracelet adjusted which cost me just £5 at the local watchmender. It has a tiny date window on it, which I really cant see without my glasses, but I dont mind that as I dont need to know the date by my watch, but that is the only thing I could criticise.

Serendipity
Serendipity

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious selection, like a box of chocolates., 4 April 2014
This review is from: Serendipity (Kindle Edition)
This selection of short stories is put together by a Creative Writing Group from U3A, and it is a delightful selection of stories and poems from a varied group of people, showing what it is possible to produce in a writing group like this. Each story is quite different and I have enjoyed reading them, it is like having a box of chocolates and dipping in to see what comes next....but non-fattening. This book should encourage anyone to have a go at writing a short story, it does not have to be a novel to make creative writing worthwhile!
I do hope this group get another selection together in the future.

Sharwoods Mild Curry Powder 102 g (Pack of 6)
Sharwoods Mild Curry Powder 102 g (Pack of 6)
Offered by Rainford Online Trading LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Harse overtones., 15 Nov. 2013
I bought this because it says on the Sharwoods web-site that it is gluten-free.
I emailed Sharwood's about their claim that this is gluten free, as the label on the packet does not agree. I got a very ambiguous and non-committal reply, so I would not feel entirely confident about using it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4