Profile for D Miller > Reviews

Content by D Miller

D Miller (West London, UK)

Faithfull RULE1000 Aluminium Rule 1m / 39-inch
Faithfull RULE1000 Aluminium Rule 1m / 39-inch

5.0 out of 5 stars great heavy ruler, 3 Mar. 2015
Very heavy duty ruler, I use mine to cut fabric against with a rotary cutter ( and self healing mat) usually on the floor, it holds the material down brilliantly.

TURQUOISE (NEW COLOUR) 25L BULLET TOP BIN / DUSTBIN / RUBBISH BIN / KITCHEN / HOME / PLASTIC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Bin, 17 April 2014
Great bin, perfect to sit under my craft desk. The rolling lid has a smooth action and better still it fits the cheapo 'basics' range of white bin liners from big supermarket.

Clover Pom-Pom Maker
Clover Pom-Pom Maker
Offered by Pandoras Upholstery

5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionised!, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Clover Pom-Pom Maker
Where were these when I was 9? Miracle pom poms, easy peasy to wind around straight from the ball of wool, no more faffing with short lengths and poking it through the middle of your cardboard template. I 'pom pommed' the house with red and white balls hanging off all the door handles at Christmas (and twisted their strings together to look like candy canes)... Brilliant, need them in every size now (and a visit to a wool shop or charity shop!)...

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly good!, 30 Jan. 2014
I was sceptical that this machine would do what it claimed but essentially it does! I've got below shoulder length fine straight hair (usually straightened with GHDs so I'm well used to using hot tools). So I set about the task starting at the back (figuring I'd get tired, and the tool eventually started to get too warm to hold the barrell) and I methodically did layers of curls from the bottom up. It only produces corkscrew curls on sections about 1cm wide, any more than that and you get a gentle curl. So with lots of clips I worked my way around and I sprayed each layer with a load of hairspray to try and hold the curl. I wasn't sure if I should use some sort of styling product beforehand or whether that would goo the machine up. It takes a while to get the angle and knack of holding the correct side of the gadget against your head but it's not that tricky. I did my whole head in an hour the first time and 50 mins the second. I had Shirley Temple curls all over... But my fine hair only really held the tight curls for a couple of hours and it relaxed into still corkscrew but much looser curls by the end of the evening. I wash my hair everyday so I can't say if it would have survived a second day. The only downside (apart from the time taken to get the result) was a slightly burnt odour in my hair afterwards and it was still noticeable after several washes which was a bit concerning, so probably not a good idea to do curls very frequently.